Cali: Gamestop to advertise Disk Locked Content on used games.

“The in-store and online warnings are an important benefit under the settlement as well, because if GameStop discloses the truth to consumers, it is unlikely that they will be able to continue selling used copies of certain games for only $5 less than the price of a new copy. In fact, we already know that not long after the lawsuit was filed, GameStop lowered prices for used copies of many of the game titles identified in the lawsuit.”

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18810-...or-used-games/

This is pretty sad, not that I am the biggest fan of Gamestop (bad experience with a preorder) but I hate to see anyone getting punished for the dirty tactics of mega publishers. It is after all them who are doing the misleading advertising, Gamestop isn't making the game cases. I do wonder how much attention this case will get? There doesn't seem to be much organized push back against disk locked content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering one of the main reasons (the other being piracy) behind the disc locked content was Gamestop's used game market, I am fully for this.

Maybe now they'll stop buying games for 5 bucks and selling them for $45 used when new is $50
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Considering one of the main reasons (the other being piracy) behind the disc locked content was Gamestop's used game market, I am fully for this.

Maybe now they'll stop buying games for 5 bucks and selling them for $45 used when new is $50
    Generally when you sell a recently released game back to gamestop they'll give you a much better deal than normal because it is still new.

Sounds good to me. Consumers should know what they're getting. Publishers aren't selling the pre-owned products; Gamestop is.

This is from somebody who buys used for many, IMO, 'lesser' or older games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I pretty much agree. You should know beforehand if you are not buying the complete game because the developer made it so that only the first one who buys it can.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.