Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What were you fav games as a kid

I love to reminisce about my favorite games as a kid. I then wanted to know what other people's favorite games were when they were younger. I don't mean a couple years, I mean like some of the first games you played.

Just to start it off one of my favorite games when I was a kid was Turak 2 Seeds of Evil. So how about? What were your favorites?

Zelda (Still is)
    Kirby Super Star, I played this with my nephew like 24/7
    The Sims (first one)
    Harvest Moon 64
    Earthworm Jim for SNES
    Yoshi's Story + Yoshi's Island

Many others, honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 0bliviousDjin View Post
    I love to reminisce about my favorite games as a kid. I then wanted to know what other people's favorite games were when they were younger. I don't mean a couple years, I mean like some of the first games you played.

Just to start it off one of my favorite games when I was a kid was Turak 2 Seeds of Evil. So how about? What were your favorites?
    I was also a big Turok 2 fan when I was a kid, played all the other Turok series on the N64 as well. Quite an escapist gamer I was too

And yet not escapist enough to stop me from enjoying ludicrously gory weapons like the cerebral bore...
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-04-11 at 09:22 PM.

Yoshi's Island
    Total Annihilation
    Crash Bandicoot
    Panzer General

The Standing Stones, PC

Deleted
    N64 games! Zelda, kirby, banjo kazooie, diddy kong racing. Love them!

Considering that there are now many threads about listing games it would be nice that there were actually few words told about 'em instead of just lines of names piled up for pages and pages. <.<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, Illusion of Gaia, Demon's Crest and Mechanator (I was horrible at both), Mario Kart, Mario Paint, Super Mario World + Super Mario All-Stars, Yoshi's Island, ActRaiser.

On my grandparents' PC: Age of Empires 1, Diablo 1 and eventually 2, HoMM2 and 3, Age of Wonders.

On their PS1: FF7, FFTactics, FF8, Legend of Legaia, Breath of Fire 3.

On the GBC: Pokemon: Red, Pokemon: Gold, Dragon Warrior Monsters, ,Dragon Warrior 3.

On my PS1: Legend of Dragoon.

And then I became a teenager and played all the awesome PS2 RPGs, having played so much when I was a kid.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2012-04-11 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    I have to say it was Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, on the PS1. A close tie with Cool boarders 2.

Define "kid".

When I first started gaming (with the good old C64) my favorites included the sports games of Epyx and MicroProse's Airborne Ranger among other things.

A bit later I really got into adventure games, and the early 90's was the Golden Age for them. Lucasarts and Sierra did the best and I tried to play all of them. I also enjoyed lightweight strategy games such as Civilization and Warlords I & II.

Hands of Faith
    Cosmos
    Das Boot
    Chip
    Jezzball
    Alex The Kid

Deleted
    Crash bandicoot

Starwars Battlefront

Rock N Roll Racing
    Gauntlet
    Mario, can't remember which ones
    Battletoads
    All on NES
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-12 at 04:12 PM.

The Zelda series, starting from the very first.
    Paper Mario
    Super Mario Bros
    Super Mario 64
    Pokemon
    Warcraft 2/3
    Yoshi's Island
    Doom

Eh, a lot. Youngling Skelington played many games.

There are two great games that made up my childhood

Firstly, the completely epic sonic 3, that guy made my childhood, no explanations needed, then there was Shining Force, the best tactic RPG I've ever played, it will always have a place on my heart.

Deleted
    i grew up with a n64 so,
    Zelda MM & OOT
    Paper mario ( best game evar)
    Pokemon stadium/snap /gameboy games
    Yoshi story
    super mario 64
    donkey kong 64
    mario cart 64
    diddy kong racing

10+ Year Old Account
    Many of course!
    Including; Resident Evil (I'm actually playing through the REmake right now).
    Zelda.
    Pretty much anything I had on the SNES, although I was terrified playing Shadowrun for some reason.
    Age of Empires.
    Spyro.

It's hard to pick out a few when there's so many

I think I spent all my time playing Pokemon as a kid. And as a teen. And now. And will continue to for many years.

I played a few other games, like Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Ocarina of Time, and Donkey Kong County, but I didn't play much besides Pokemon until the Gamecube came out.

Deleted
    Bomberman
    Spyro
    Crash Bandicoot
    Abe's Adysee
    Pokémon on the Gameboy Color
    And the legendary Wipeout!

Sonic 1 & 2
    Alex kidd in wonderland
    Quackshot

i was such a sega fanboy as a kid i would get into fights with my nintendo friends oh happy days