Horde and Alliance Population

Just read on wowwiki, Horde population is 292k (approx) Alliance is 800k (again, approx)

Now this is probably a stupid question, but, why don't Alliance just go all out? Strength in numbers and all.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those numbers did not come from Blizzard, so they are pretty much bullshit,

Much of the Alliance's elite fighters have found neutral status and are busy holding the world together (Argent Dawn, Kirin Tor, Cennarion Circle); I'm assuming a large chunk of the Alliance is made up of human farmers and other peasant folk whereas the Horde is mostly warrior-cultures or corrupted by dark magic.

Those numbers are from the rpg books, which have are non canon. We don't know how many people are Horde or Alliance.

Ps: Wowwiki is horribly outdated, you should use http://www.wowpedia.org/Portal:Main

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Just read on wowwiki, Horde population is 292k (approx) Alliance is 800k (again, approx)

Now this is probably a stupid question, but, why don't Alliance just go all out? Strength in numbers and all.
    Because the Alliance don't seek to kill the Horde for no reason (unlike the Horde who wants to kill the Alliance simply because they are not Horde) Where the Horde wants the world for themselves, the Alliance is only trying to defend themselves, their loved ones and their home for "invaders".

10+ Year Old Account
    As said, those numbers are non-canon. They were penned for the RPGs, and written off as invalid unless directly stated otherwise.

Those numbers are from WoW Roleplaying Game, which Blizzard said isn't canon.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    Because the Alliance don't seek to kill the Horde for no reason (unlike the Horde who wants to kill the Alliance simply because they are not Horde) Where the Horde wants the world for themselves, the Alliance is only trying to defend themselves, their loved ones and their home for "invaders".
    You dont know much about the Horde do you ?

Deleted

First of all the numbers aren't accurate.

Second, the Horde having fewer numbers doesn't mean they're weaker.
    Old lore stated that each Orc was as strong as 2 Humans. And I guess Tauren could've counted for 3 Humans.

But I guess you can't trust the old lore anymore this day, so much has been changed and retconned.
    Bottom line is, the population numbers don't mean a thing.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KenjiNitari View Post
    The exact opposite can be said about Warcraft III to WotLK. The Alliance was seeking to kill Horde for no reason and the Horde simply tried to defend themselves.

What I'm trying to say is, it's not a good reason why something does or doesn't happen in regards to the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Those numbers are from the rpg books, which have are non canon. We don't know how many people are Horde or Alliance.

Ps: Wowwiki is horribly outdated, you should use http://www.wowpedia.org/Portal:Main
    Though wowpedia is pretty outdated as well. Anyone want to go on an RPG-data cleaning spree?

But yeah, the numbers are from the RPG. Second edition to be exact. The first edition doesn't give the population for the continent of Kalimdor, and the number is a bit lower in that one (though no less ridiculous, with half the population of the continent living in a single city).
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!