It might sound like a silly question but will there be an option to disable the vocal sounds your toon is making?

Right now they have so many grunts and "hiyaa!" it sounds like I am watching a really bad kungfu movie on an endless loop. Hearing them chant the words to their spells and buffs is even worse.

It might seem ok at the start but after watching a couple hours of beta videos I am already sick of it.

Wait until launch and see? It's still in beta, so... just wait.

There is an audio slider for voice.

You know, I thought you were on about Monks and Panderan or something but then I saw the sub-forum....

Now I haven't seen any GW2 footage, or near none anyway but surely the voices are tied into one of the usually several volume sliders you can control? Or of course I could ask if when playing the game for real, with all the other sounds (mostly of many people's different spell effects) will you even notice it (keep in mind you'll be playing then, instead of watching)?

Would be nice to have that option but I doubt there will be one, just because there usually isn't, so likely your best bet is to lower whichever volume control effects the volume of player noise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is an audio slider for voice.
    /10charactersformmochamp

Please post productively. If you have nothing to add, it's better not to post than to post something like, "this /10char". -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-04-13 at 03:58 AM.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Deleted
    I certainly hope you can, otherwise I'd feel sad for people wanting to play Mesmer with greatsword. That no. 1 skill's sound... *shivers*... I'd go crazy if I had to listen to that over and over :P

Quote Originally Posted by Khamos View Post
    I certainly hope you can, otherwise I'd feel sad for people wanting to play Mesmer with greatsword. That no. 1 skill's sound... *shivers*... I'd go crazy if I had to listen to that over and over :P
    You know it's not your mesmer's mouth making that sound, right?
    Pretty sure the voice slider won't affect it and you will have to turn down sound effects in general. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You know it's not your mesmer's mouth making that sound, right?
    Pretty sure the voice slider won't affect it and you will have to turn down sound effects in general. :P
    Okay I guess I've misunderstood the voice sliders then Always thought the avatar voice slider would change the volume of any sound made by your character (spells etc included). I never actually tinker with the sliders much, anyway, only in wow, but thats just to remove all the sound so I can listen to music instead

Thanks fencers. I know it sounds petty but that could get game breakingly annoying after a couple weeks/months <3