New companion/battle pets added in latest patch!

Oh my heck! They seem to be going through the Northrend zones and adding cool little pet versions of creatures now. LOVE it!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gurkster and the Guardling sound like rare pets to me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by azrielen View Post
    Oh my heck! They seem to be going through the Northrend zones and adding cool little pet versions of creatures now. LOVE it!
    I was going through northrend the other day and was wondering if they were going to add them. Seems they're definitely are adding them.

...obviously the same goes with BC - with the Fel Flame, Netherwing, clefthoof, Sporling, ect...

10+ Year Old Account
    Any aquatic team will need the gurkster

I must have the Gurkster. Sure sounds like a rare battle pet to me. To vashj'ir I will go.
    One of the more enjoyable aspects of the game to me was, as a hunter, finding a rare pet to tame and it's nice to see this expanded to all players. Even if you have no desire to engage in the battle side of this new feature (which is where I thought I was until seeing the UI in game) it will still appeal to a very wide array of players (collectors particularly). Will this mean that we won't have to farm whelps endlessly in hope to find a new little companion but rather having them as rare spawns to catch? I hope so.

Companion pets have always had a special place in the game. They have, up until now, served no real purpose other than cosmetic but yet the joy of finding a new one for your collection has always been a pretty big deal. The collectors editions / holiday events proves this.

Just looking at the Clefthoof Runt.. I don't want to take it away from its momma clefthoof and force it into battle. What is wrong with you people!
    Last edited by autopsy; 2012-04-12 at 04:39 AM.

I love the Qiraji one wonder if you have to go near that area to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by thedronk View Post
    Any aquatic team will need the gurkster
    6 different types in it's abilities, 5 of which cause damage O.o I'm already calling for a nerf lol.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenesss View Post
    I love the Qiraji one wonder if you have to go near that area to get it?
    from what i've seen, yup. All rare pets are zone/area specific so you'll have to go to the area around or perhaps inside AQ to get one.

arent turkeys already pets?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Holy crap, I am officially way more excited than I should be. Sporegarr, and it's sporeling residents have been my favorite faction/race since TBC was released! Silly, I know, but you can't choose who you love, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    arent turkeys already pets?
    plump turkey is a pet, i believe this one is new and should be easier to obtain.

Deleted
    Thanks again

Keep updating us

That should be Slimeling not Slimling.