Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best food to become more slim? (anorexic)

Good day everyone,

What do you guys think is easiest to get healthy food to eat while excising and eating vitamins to become more slim / anorexic looking for summer? I just don't want to cut on all food like I did last summer, just one to eat one thing that is healthy. Any advice?

Thanks

You want to eat healthy, yet be "anorexic looking" ?!?

That doesnt make any sense

Celery, it actually burns calories.

Also, wanting to look anorectic is not really the image of health, you should rephrase that.
    Kindness goes a long way.

Moved to Sports & Fitness.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want to look anorexic? Why...?

Vegetables and lots of them, the greener they are, the better they are for you.

Deleted
    Just eating one thing isn't healthy.

The best way to lose weight will be simply cut down any excessive food intake, eat less 'unhealthly' food, and generally have a balanced diet. All while maintaining a steady level of light exercise.

If your eating less energy than your expending you'll lose weight, it might be slower than only eating lettuce, but it won't leave you in hospital... or an asylum.

Deleted
    Eat less, exercise more. You can't just really live off of one type of food and be healthy.

Healthy means balanced diet. Eat varied, good quality food regularly in moderation.
    Don't try to look "anorexic". That is unhealthy. Don't forget to exercise regularly if you want low body fat.

Grilled chicken. Yummy and healthy.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burgers, pizza, bacon, ice cream, cake, etc. No seriously, I think you need it.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Sorry, let me clarify. I need to lose weight in around one month. Currently, I'm 6''1 170 pounds. I feel kind of fat especially in belly (beerbelly but I stopped last month) and upper part of legs. My upper body is very slim. I don't want to gain muscles because I know that would take some time, just want to even out my upper / lower body. Any suggestions?

Well there isn't a BEST food. The best advice to give anyone is don't eat anything that comes in a box or from a fast food place. That is a general rule.

Now to be more specific:
    Stay away from refined Carbs. Not all carbs, you need carbs, but the right kind. Complex carbohydrates. Eat 100% whole grain, fiber, and natural sugars (like from fruit). There are many no sugar added sweets

Stay away from saturated fats. Like carbs your body needs fats, but not saturated fats.

Lots of protein. Not only is it good for you but also helps give you that full feeling.

Here is a sample of what I eat in a normal day:

Breakfast: Couple eggs and a slice of Canadian bacon. I also have a glass or tomato juice.
    Snack: A cheese stick
    Lunch: Lean lunch meat like Ham or Turkey in a lettuce wrap with a cilantro mayo dressing I make. Sugar free jello
    Snack after gym: A 100 Calorie protein drink
    Dinner: Stir Fry Chicken (in olive oil) over couscous
    Snack: No sugar added fudge bar

believe it or not this is a lot of food, keeps you full all day and fairly low calorie and very healthy. Add that with a work out each day and you can lose 1-2 pounds a week until your body gets to the right weight
    "Peace is a lie"

if you want to look anorexic, don't eat.

But don't try to think it's healthy, either.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no better way to lose weight and get the body shape you want than exercise. What you eat won't really change your body shape. Eating low calorie/low fat food will only make you ill.

IMO, eat between 60-75% of the amount of fat you need per day.
    Watch out the high carbs food.
    Eat balanced. Fruits/vegetables is good, but you also need cereals (like whole grain). And protein, of course. Stay away from the milk products.
    You NEED protein in what you eat, no matter what is your body shape. The best protein source would be eggs or chicken. Soja beans is also a good alternative.

But again, I repeat: Only changing the way you eat is not a viable way to lose weight/flattened your body shape. You do need to exercise. If you don't exercise, your body will act wrong if you suddenly change the way you eat without burning it. 30-60min of jogging every morning is a good way to start off.
    Last edited by Furye; 2012-04-12 at 05:37 PM.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

Deleted
    the best food for loosing weight, is less food.

Fruits, veggies, High protein foods. Just actually eat the stuff in the portions the package says.

Thanks all, I'll try eating less healthy foods because I've been eating them literally too much for past year or so. I'm thinking about replacing beer with cocktails or wine even though I fucking hate it. I guess that's the problem. I run about 2 miles daily so all good.

Many doctors/fitness/etc publications put 160-180 lbs for a 6'1" person as ideal weight. You're already ideal.

Sounds like you need to exercise to fill out your skin.

Situps, pushups and pullups, and some protein go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Thanks all, I'll try eating less healthy foods because I've been eating them literally too much for past year or so. I'm thinking about replacing beer with cocktails or wine even though I fucking hate it. I guess that's the problem. I run about 2 miles daily so all good.
    First off, anorexia is a serious condition and not a healthy way to lose weight. If you feel like you have an eating disorder, please go see a doctor immediately. I've seen anorexia ruin years of my friend's life.

Alcohol is just empty calories. Yes, it makes us feel good and in cases of good beer and wine, tastes good too. However, excessive or even constant alcohol usage is in direct conflict to your stated goal of weight loss. Hell, I have an IPA or glass of pinot every so often but I make sure my other food intake is in check.

Why would you eat less healthy? That makes absolutely no sense. It sounds like you have the "skinny fat" look going right now where you're relatively skinny but you're holding on to some excess body fat in your abdominal region? You can fix this mainly through proper eating and a solid weight lifting program. Diet is the biggest component. Gaining muscle/definition is not a bad thing so don't avoid it.

Just for a point of reference, last summer at 6'1" 170lbs: http://i.imgur.com/NAXwG.jpg
    Do you really want to look skinnier than that?

Resources:
    Macronutrients and micros, what are they?
    Calculating caloric needs
    Stronglifts, a solid starter strength program (Need access to a squat rack)