10+ Year Old Account

Death testimonials

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFJjf...eature=related

What do people think of all these people who claim to have died and then saw jesus, came back to life saying what they saw?

Well first of all we don't actually have a real solid definition of dead, the closest we have is when there is no activity in the brain when your heart is stopped. But even then doctors put you in that state for open heart surgery and usually bring you back just fine.

I think they just go to sleep and don't actually die, and then have some vivid dream that is heavily influenced by what they believe and want to happen. And when they get saved by actual medical science they start spreading what they think.

i just think it's a massive dmt rush tot he head and they start tripping

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    What do people think of all these people who claim to have died and then saw jesus, came back to life saying what they saw?
    People see whatever based off what they believe in near death experiences. For atheists generally some light then nothing, religious people see their figure.

Basically in my opinion it may be just a dieing brain doing its whole death thing to ease people out of the life experience.
    Last edited by mmocb22ba0bc6d; 2012-04-12 at 11:10 PM.

It's a lucid dream that the brain creates with perfect concentration. It differs from faith to faith. Get someone to believe in unicorn-land being whatever afterlife is and their mind will have the very best concentration and mental clarity to project unicorn-land until their neurons stop firing.

When your brain is closed from all stimuli, of course it's going to have the most vivid conjuration you've ever experienced.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    An illusion of the mind, I mean really a near death experience? Of course It's going to make something ''Real'' and they think of it as a well I SAW THIS!

Check this out. I was doing some looking around for research on the brain when stimulus is greatly diminished or removed completely:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolation_tank