1.2 Reverse Engineering and Crafting

hello all,

for the last few weeks ive been getting all the mods and enhancements that drop in our HM and NM operations with the expectation that i would RE them to make more for everyone who wants any. so when 1.2 hit today, i got on and RE'd 17 lvl 58 mods, but i didnt get a single schematic... is this normal? or do i just have bad luck?

thanks in advance, genvig

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Unfortunately you have been a bit misinformed, As far as I understand it you can only reverse engineer the NEW mods as in tier 2 mods coming from the new gear in the new raids. IF you can reverse engineer it, the item will indicate it by saying there is "research available" on the tool tip of the item when you mouse over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can only do this to new mods and gear.

Supposedly (I am stuck at work so I can't check atm) but in addition to the "research available" when you mouse over what you want to RE it is also supposed to say the % chance you have of learning the schematic.

Also, yes I think it is only the new things that are supposed to work how you described.

sigh, at least i have the mats (i hope) to make the new ones when we try out HMs this weekend. boo thanks tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Supposedly (I am stuck at work so I can't check atm) but in addition to the "research available" when you mouse over what you want to RE it is also supposed to say the % chance you have of learning the schematic.

Also, yes I think it is only the new things that are supposed to work how you described.
    Yes it shows the percent chance to research the schematic for said item. Just verified it.