WoW Reforge vs Mr. Robot

Simming my mage on WoW Reforge and Mr. Robot produces two pretty divergent results so I come to my fellow mages for advise. I understand they must be using different stat weights but what have most of you found to be the more accurate tool? To this point Ive been using Mr. Robot exclusively so I was surprised to see such differences in reforging.

The issue with both WoW Reforge and Mr. Robot is that they are using Static stat weights (as far as I know), rather than dynamic. You'd be better using SimC or even Rawr for that matter.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

Not to mention that WoW Reforge is not a simming tool, but a reforge optimisation tool. It's not supposed to know your stat weights, but to determine the optimal reforging strategy based on stat weights you've calculated with proper tools for that task.

Using a fork to hammer in a nail tends to produce non-optimal results.

You're simming your mage on WoWReforge and Mr Robot. Serious?

Just no...

They are just reforge optimizers. Download simcraft and get your stat weights, then put those stat weights into WoWReforge with your haste/hit cap and optimize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    You're simming your mage on WoWReforge and Mr Robot. Serious?

Just no...

They are just reforge optimizers. Download simcraft and get your stat weights, then put those stat weights into WoWReforge with your haste/hit cap and optimize it.
    Issue is that WoW Reforge will use those static stat weights (which in most cases won't change your reforge list) but it isn't 100% accurate as every single reforge change will alter your actual stat weights anywhere from a miniscule ammount to a major ammount. Case in point if you're at say 1490 haste with 4T13 - your haste will be insanely high. When you reforge one item to put you over the 1505 breakpoint, your haste value will drop substantially. If you reforged everything according to that high haste weight, you'd be gimping yourself out of crit (and DPS by defacto)

Just one basic example.

This isn't to say WoW-Reforge isn't a great tool, it is for when you get 1 new item and need to figure out how you want to reforge it for a quick go mid-raid... but optimally a true min/max would include running numerous scenarios, with simulations after every reforge or two to see if stat weights changed to favor haste, mastery or crit.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

reforging

Quote Originally Posted by Gfted1 View Post
    Simming my mage on WoW Reforge and Mr. Robot produces two pretty divergent results so I come to my fellow mages for advise. I understand they must be using different stat weights but what have most of you found to be the more accurate tool? To this point Ive been using Mr. Robot exclusively so I was surprised to see such differences in reforging.
    I have tried all the reforging tools and I sometimes did better using mr robot or using all the other reforging tools...I really have determined reforging isnt that big of a deal. I would just stick with mr robot..just for the simple fact that it is simple and very easy to reforge quickly....it really comes down to when your procs hit thru out the fight. I did LFR raid 16 times reforged combat and I did more dps mutilate spec than I did when I was reforged fully for combat 10/16 times...I also did LFR 16 times fully mutilated reforged and combat on the same fight did more dps 8/16 times completely reforged mutilate...and this was a fight where I stayed on the boss the whole time. I know there are other factors that play into it...but not so much where I would really crunch over it.