Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blood Legion taking these sales too far? Blizzard?

Is it me or is Blood Legion taking these "sales" runs too far and pushing the limits of Blizzard?

If you watch their streams they are doing 10+ sales runs a week. If you msg them on twitch about the runs they give you gold amounts as well as USD$ amounts. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that 85% of the runs are for gold but the other runs are paid for by USD$. Essentially - making this game a moneymaker for people in their guild.

Now you look at their most recent "sell out". I am assuming a guild on <snip>

Does Blizzard not care?
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-04-12 at 09:16 PM.

Blizzard recently banned a lot of PvP players who boosted people in rBG's and Arenas.
    I guess (hope) they will banhammer the ones who sell "boosts" in PvE too.
    Hi

Might as well make buying in game gold for rl moneys legal now.

Deleted
    It's becoming more and more of a thing in WoW, blood legion are just being very up-front with it.

Trading in game resources (gold) for in game services is within the ToS and there is no limit on how much of this you can do (why should there be?). Trading for out of game, real life currency is strictly prohibited and can get you banned. That seems pretty clear to me.

Deleted
    If people want to spend there gold on getting a boost then all for it.

If they buy that gold from a website for RL cash then they run the risk of being hacked/banned. Its a risk they take.

It would be pretty hard for Blizzard to track, say, a Paypal payment or something like that for in-game "services."

The gold amounts guilds like this charge are usually pretty high, anyone know what they ask for in real dollars?

That is if it's true, anyway. Just curious what people are willing to pay really, lol.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't paying blood legion for anything in wow. Blood legion decided to help them and money just happened to fall into their laps.

Yeah if you ask Nodozz he says 1$/1k USD$ to Gold ratio. And in their streams "cookies" means dollars.

Seems like Blizzard should get involved

Quote Originally Posted by etechbk View Post
    Is it me or is Blood Legion taking these "sales" runs too far and pushing the limits of Blizzard?

If you watch their streams they are doing 10+ sales runs a week. If you msg them on twitch about the runs they give you gold amounts as well as USD$ amounts. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that 85% of the runs are for gold but the other runs are paid for by USD$. Essentially - making this game a moneymaker for people in their guild.

Now you look at their most recent "sell out". I am assuming a guild on <snip>

Does Blizzard not care?
    So you register JUST to say THIS?

Seems like you got a crusade going against them or something.

On the other hand, it is a grey area for me. They are not selling any items or whatever per definition, they sell their time to do something in game, which is not an item per definition. I'm not sure if its against ToS to sell _achievements_ or titles. A bit grey area, as I've said earlier, but I'd say its leaning a bit too much on the banhammer side.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-04-12 at 09:16 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

Doing anything in game for real life money? No thanks. That should (and does) get cracked down on, whether it's buying gold, arena/RBG boosts, or raid boosts.

Selling heroic raid runs/gear for gold? I think that's perfectly fine. It's a way for some guilds to get a gold income for virtually everything (unlimited repairs, buying BoE's for members to boost ilvl till drops come along, guild funded enchants, gems, and feasts, etc) the guild does as a group.

Not sure, but Blood Legion is pretty well-known to Blizzard and mostly on good terms, so I would think they would know better than to actual sell them for real cash. For better or for worse, one thing Blizzard is good at is not letting anyone take charge and bend the rules in their favor, even if it is a top guild of loyal players, those participating will get banned for this if they are in fact doing it and continue to do it, and I wouldn't blame Blizzard for doing so.

They're making money off Twitch viewers as well, fyi.

And no, I don't think they're pushing it too far. I do think it's amusing though that hardcore players say "Casuals have too much access to Heroic content" and then, a few breaths later, spam trade with "Selling 8/8H Madness 500k".

I personally love it. For the USD equivalent, it'll take me a few hours to recoup that money. It took them probably 100+ hours to get to the point where they can carry someone.

And lol, they DO sell it for real cash. So does Method. Method was talking about a guy who never made it to Western Union to transfer funds on their stream last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're making bank off of the game. Good for them, I say.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm envy has been doing that for a while on the eu lol... selling titles and boosts for real life money.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are pretty much making it legal in Diablo III now, and it wouldn't surprise me if the same thing pops up in World of Warcraft in not long.

Man... if this is the case I want to sell my Teebu's Blazing Longsword for real $$ then! :P

You say there not pushing the TOS too far but you say they do sell carries for real $ which violates the Blizzard's TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Man... if this is the case I want to sell my Teebu's Blazing Longsword for real $$ then! :P
    I'll by that there Teebu for 'bout tree fity.

Message from Nodozz:
    re: Heroic Firelands Run/Staff Items

1. Heroic Rag Mount Only : 250k or $250 cross realm
    2. H:FL Run w/ only Syphons: 90k or $90 (10man 6/7 heroic clear)
    3. H:FL Run w/ Syphons and Mount = 330k or $330