Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    A great disc priest can kill a bad warrior.

You heard it from me first folks.
    Fixed for accuracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Fixed for accuracy.
    I saw a glad warrior the other day on KT get beat by a disc priest. That same disc priest also beat a feral druid. Watch more duels please.

Power word shield is not balanced around 1 player hitting the priest. Its balanced around 2-3 players. As it should be.

A healer should be able to be killed by a DPS 1v1 but not quickly. After they use all of their defensive CD's and the DPS uses their offensive CD's the healer should die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I saw a glad warrior the other day on KT get beat by a disc priest. That same disc priest also beat a feral druid. Watch more duels please.

Power word shield is not balanced around 1 player hitting the priest. Its balanced around 2-3 players. As it should be.
    I watch Disc Priests all the time. I watch them get flayed every which way. By a warlock. By a Warrior. By a cat. By the ocean. By two. By five. they must be just about the worst there is then

Or to quote you.. "watch more duels please"

OT I'm going to have to side with No. It really would make the role absolutely useless if they can't survive 1v1. If for nothing more, it means that 2 v 1 would just be absolute decimation. lol.

If there were a way to keep things truly balanced, I'd be game. But a healers role is to support. If they cannot support themselves to put up even a half decent fight (i sincerely doubt they'll buff healer DPS up enough to be "slightly worse" than say.. a warriors), then they're nothing but a paper sail headed into a gullywasher.

Deleted
    A healer should be able to keep them self healed up when fighting a dps for quite a while.
    A healer should not be able to keep them self around 100% hp with around 100% mana, when the dps player is going all out on them. But at the same time a dps should not be able to make a healer burn their mana within 1 minute of fighting. Its a hard balance but it will be interesting too see what happens in MoP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    This is currently simply impossible because DPS selfheals are higher than healers can DPS, so technically a healer can never win.
    Disc priest or Rsham can out-dps warrior heals, but that's about the only class where that occurs currently, yea. DPS self-heals should be lower across the board except shadowpriests, because that's our niches - we're vampires and priests - we shouldn't have some of the worst DPS self-healing in the game (barring warriors).

Remove recuperate, evocate, etc IMO.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Then you're doing it wrong. You need to attack in bursts and make the healer use burst, expensive healing. You can't just keep constant sustained damage and expect to burn his mana.
    Here is the reason why this model doesn't work.

Ever played enhancement shaman?
    They have no DPS burst, just constant sustained damage.

Sustained damage is what should kill a healer because the healer should be trying to keep healing pass the never ending damage.
    This should reduce their mana to the point that you do win, but that isn't the case.

Healers are staying alive with 3k mana because you cant deal 150k or more damage in a range of 3 seconds.
    Healers are healing insane amount of health.

Look at Restoration Shamans, if their health is below 25k, they pop a GHW and 100k heal.
    How can I kill something that can 1 cast heal for 100k when it took me 10-15 seconds to even get him to 25k.

Elemental Shamans have a horrible mana regen mechanic for PvP and when they run out of resource, they cant deal damage and if they cant deal damage, then how can they kill something that can 2 spells to full health?

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    yes, but in a driving them OOM.
    we do need to bring back mana sapping attacks as things are currently regen looks way too strong.
    This I can agree with. Currently Priests are the only mana tapping class in the game.

Warlocks should get their mana tapping back and other classes (NOT ROGUES) should get some sort of mana tapping ability to prevent the healer from gaining so much mana back that they can sit there and 1v1 a dps with only 10k mana because heals are so much more powerful than dps burst.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 12:12 PM ----------

What I think people are getting up and pissy about this entire topic is they are stuck with this idea of Healers cant die to DPS and DPS cant die to Healers.

1. Everyone should be able to kill each other or this game cant function correctly and is a failed game.
    2. Healers should have enough damage to by pass self heals from dps.
    3. DPS should be able to dps down the mana of a healer; may take 5-10 mins, but eventually the dps should kill the healer if the healer is just healing through the damage.
    4. There shouldn't be any dps out there that can pop cds and kill a healer within the cd.
    5. There shouldn't be any dps out there that can kill a healer in a stun lock; scratch that, no dps should be able to kill anyone within a stun lock period!