Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Personally, if the raid resembles anything like ICC - then I'll love it.

Quote Originally Posted by pcaballe77 View Post
    Yea, I'm just kinda done empathizing with this uber-skeptical, "we've been burned before" type of response to anything regarding faction content and story. The cynicism and sense of despair coming from Alliance players whenever story progression is discussed in any capacity is starting to come off a little forced. It's definitely not very useful.

Wow Zarhym. 'Take constant complaints from players paying you, belittle them for it.'
    Just because they're paying customers doesn't make their complaints any less monotonous, he's just callin' them as he sees them.

Both factions got shitty leaders they didn't really like in Cataclysm, and I'm pretty sure we can all agree Garrosh is the worse of the two (Campfire 2012, et al.), yet you still have Alliance players trying to claim favouritism on this.

It's ridiculous, and I'm surprised Zarhym didn't say something like this sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    I think it's refreshing to see someone have some backbone instead of bending over for the customer's ever-nagging whims. You and I see the same threads 3 times a day. They see it much more often. They answer the dumbest questions from customers that act like little brats.

I like the sass. It's not offensive and it makes sense. If you go to Blizzard with a question filled with attitude, you should get a response with that same attitude. Don't understand where people forgot about the whole "treat people like you would like to be treated" moral viewpoint.
    Because they are paying for a service and somehow that makes them feel entitled to belittle and treat blizzard employees like crap when they are not happy with something, and those are the kind of customers, that no matter what you do, are never going to be happy.

And that's pretty much everywhere. Decency and respect left the building a long time ago my friend in today's society.

I for one, LOVE when they get an attitude. I can't imagine having their jobs, must be so damn annoying, having to put up with the bullshit of so many people on a daily basis.

You know you can't expect to have millions of subscribers and not have people complain. No matter what they do there will be people who do not like it. Those people have every right to complain, and it's the Dev's responsibility to listen but choose what THEY want to do.

i still don't see any reused skins in the raid

Deleted
    Yea, I'm just kinda done empathizing with this uber-skeptical, "we've been burned before" type of response to anything regarding faction content and story. The cynicism and sense of despair coming from Alliance players whenever story progression is discussed in any capacity is starting to come off a little forced. It's definitely not very useful.

Wow Zarhym. 'Take constant complaints from players paying you, belittle them for it.'
    someone should put this on the scumbag steve picture^^

Deleted

Well, considering 90% of the feedback they're getting is people complaining for the sake of complaining (mind you, happy folk generally don't voice their content), I'm not surprised they're a little fed up.

ICC meets BWD. Im amaused <3

Cool, HoF just looks like a bunch of hallways like BoT but a different color. Way to be creative Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    Thought the Alliance were the winning side in vanilla and in Wrath? I distinctly remember a quest line to go and raid Under City. Also the new LK being one of the heroes of the Alliance, I think that's pretty significant.[COLOR="red"]
    Winning side in Vanilla and Wrath?! There was a Undercity Raid yes but the Alliance retreated and Undercity wasn't destroyed! And Vanilla didn't change anything, it was the beginning (of WoW). Of course the Humans had more towns than most of the other races but that has something to do with the Warcraft Lore...

And the new LK ist the LK.. nothing else. As if he would support the Alliance with all his undead minions.. that will never happen so his past doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Crimson_Hall

I look at the screenshots and see nothing in common other than high ceilings and red. Possibly the pointed arches.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/images/4/41/Crimson_Hall_01.jpg

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...d_15589_09.jpg

Well, it doesn't look THAT different
    Last edited by mmoc5461ee9f4c; 2012-04-13 at 03:49 PM.

So I'm guessing the Mantid are in the same family as Silithid or an evolved version of them. That raid looks like AQ40 but done by a more advanced species.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am amazed by how pathetic the blue's answers to lore questions are. Maybe Metzen was slippery in his exact phraseology. The passive aggressive tone towards the end is also hilarious and a massive cop out.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Well, considering 90% of the feedback they're getting is people complaining for the sake of complaining (mind you, happy folk generally don't voice their content), I'm not surprised they're a little fed up.
    Nope, they're complaining for what they perceive to be valid reasons. The blue's response is farcical.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 04:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kumashy View Post
    Because they are paying for a service and somehow that makes them feel entitled to belittle and treat blizzard employees like crap when they are not happy with something, and those are the kind of customers, that no matter what you do, are never going to be happy.

And that's pretty much everywhere. Decency and respect left the building a long time ago my friend in today's society.

I for one, LOVE when they get an attitude. I can't imagine having their jobs, must be so damn annoying, having to put up with the bullshit of so many people on a daily basis.
    His response to a reasonable question and one which has scarcely received a proper answer was unprofessional, over the top and useless He isn't being belittled or "treated" like crap. And as for abuse Metzen receives, oh give me a break. So not everyone loves his treatment of the lore. Has Blizzard truly stumped so low as to treat anything that isn't congratulatory clap trap as "complaining"? Many, many players are very dissatisfied with the game's lore progression and it is a joke in a game with 12 races to put such focus on two that are blown out of all proportion in terms of their significance, especially compared to more ancient races in the setting as well as more powerful ones. It isn't a matter of a "natural progression" vs an active vision, because it pretty much is the natural progression of a rather actively nurtured vision.

Nothing Zharym received was abusive. If he cannot control his patience, he should just ignore.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2012-04-13 at 03:58 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Winning side in Vanilla and Wrath?! There was a Undercity Raid yes but the Alliance retreated and Undercity wasn't destroyed! And Vanilla didn't change anything, it was the beginning (of WoW). Of course the Humans had more towns than most of the other races but that has something to do with the Warcraft Lore...

And the new LK ist the LK.. nothing else. As if he would support the Alliance with all his undead minions.. that will never happen so his past doesn't matter.
    Yeah, Bolvar's kind of a non factor for the time being. He's feigning the Scourge's collapse, and if he takes any side in the current conflict there's going to be another group knocking on Icecrown, and this time there won't be someone willing to take up the Helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    I can't exactly blame the blues, though. So many people on the forums do nothing but talk shit about them, the game, and the company all day every day. If we want the blues to not be assholes, then we shouldn't be assholes. Unfortunately, "Don't be a dick" is probably impossible for a lot of the playerbase.
    I can blame them, the fact they care so much about random shit talking and feel the need to be unprofessional is pretty weak.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tockets View Post
    I miss open air raids like AQ20/40 and ZG. (Though I'd argue ZG kind of felt like it had a heavy canopy over it) I think part of the reason Hyjal felt so epic was because of this.

Also, I love the more intricate raids like Karazhan. It was an amazing 10m because the tower felt alive. It had kitchens, entertainment rooms, bedrooms etc etc. I realize massive war keeps don't need a ball room, but I think the small rooms that link off of hall ways and what not really make an instance feel like a place instead of auto walk and kill situation.

That said, this raid looks really nice. I think the whole Manti thing is neat. I feel like I can see where this is going and I like it.
    Kara was a very good designed raid with some good lore, miss raids being like that and open aired one to boot.

Give me my kara under side

Paying money doesn't give you the right to continually spout off irrational complaints.

The key here is irrational. Blizz says your complaints about the Alliance being shafted are irrational, and as a fellow Alliance player, I have to agree. I mean, look at his reasoning behind picking the spectral griffen as his avatar. THAT IS VALID REASONING, because you know for certain someone would have complained if he picked a spectral wyvern, whereas Horde players really don't give a shit that he went the other way with his avatar. The level of ridiculousness is, in many ways, showing the immaturity and uptightness of the Alliance playerbase.

And I wanted so much to post an /inb4 butthurt posts about treating the Alliance poorly. Was already too late.

For once I'd like to see a raid that doesn't involve huge empty hallways and chambers that look totally useless.

So so far this place has been compared to AQ20, AQ40, BoT, BWD, ICC, and TK. That's a whole lot to copy from!

And these comments asking for an open air raid are magical. The last raid of cata was open air and all people did was bitch about wanting to go inside a building!

Why are people so dumb ?!?!? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heart of Fear seems like if Ulduar met Naxxramas and had a baby

10+ Year Old Account
    DAAAAAAYUUUUUM! Those blue posts xD. He was shoving all those negative comments in their faces. Nice.