Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got mine through anet, $60 is a fair price for what I will eventually get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    I just like having a DVD for future installations, simple as that.
    Worth noting that you don't get physical media with standard edition pre-buy retail. Just a code packaged in (otherwise) empty DVD jewel case.

Converted to Euros from Swedish Krona it's actually more expensive to order it online on their site, plus I wanted to have a box of the game even if it's without a DVD I got my box one day after i ordered so I did not have any trouble

Why not order digital?
    1) People want physical copies, especially Collector's Editions
    2) Support Local Retailers (Not Gamestop/BB)
    3) Ability to trade in older titles
    4) No wait for shipping
    5) Release parties
    6) Meet up with other gamers / friends

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletrance View Post
    Why not order digital?
    1) People want physical copies, especially Collector's Editions
    2) Support Local Retailers (Not Gamestop/BB)
    3) Ability to trade in older titles
    4) No wait for shipping
    5) Release parties
    6) Meet up with other gamers / friends
    I remeber when i first bought TBC for wow, was at my local blockbuster at midnight.

This HUGE, and i mean really HUGE dude, bodybuilder type comes up to me, and starts asking, in the most gentle of voices, what class i played etc.

For that reason alone, i like to go to release openings for such games. You meet alot of poeple that can totally eradicate your presumptions about your fellow gamers.

Deleted
    I bought the game from Anet directly because it was quick, easy, cheap and because it's the most direct support for Anet. I greatly appreciate how they are and have been treating their customers and that deserves a reward, imo.

55E for europeans, 55$ for americans...

To be honest after seeing how cheaper they are from a retailer here in the uk than buying it from anet's site....fuck anet site . £60 or £35....hmmm no brainer.

My gfs laptop blew up. Got a gift card as an incentive for buying a new laptop from newegg. Paid 10 bucks for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    Your location says Denmark, how come you aren't getting Danish prices?

https://buy.guildwars2.com/ is 54.99 euros, not dollars. And you can get the prepurcase on elgiganten for 349kr, which is roughly 47 euros. So yes, you can get it cheaper retail.

Because it's 15-20 Euros cheaper.
    I'll buy 2 character slots for that, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    Not everyone has a credit card - believe it or not - and the ability to order things online. I remember being 16 (God, that was over a decade ago... I'm so old) and buying video games more frequently than I do now. I don't know if kids' debit cards have that all important Visa/Mastercard on them. I know I had to use cash for everything back then.

If the situation is the same, now, there's a reason right there.
    The first debit card I had back at 16 had Visa/Mastercard on it and that was nearly 15 years ago now. Most debit cards can be used for online purchases anywhere a credit card would be. and if all else fails those kids with cash only could always *Gasp* talk with their parents to get the game. Besides the OP referenced online retailers anyway, you dont buy from amazon with cash either.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    The first debit card I had back at 16 had Visa/Mastercard on it and that was nearly 15 years ago now. Most debit cards can be used for online purchases anywhere a credit card would be. and if all else fails those kids with cash only could always *Gasp* talk with their parents to get the game. Besides the OP referenced online retailers anyway, you dont buy from amazon with cash either.
    I know that, even though I'm 25, I still use debit cards over credit cards. I prefer paying with actual money now, instead of getting a bill for it later. Just seems quicker and easier.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Because I wanted the box for 55 euros?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Sucks when your card is Maestro and doesn't work anywhere on the flipping internet! :P
    These things aren't the same in every country, you shouldn't assume that they are.

Personally, whether it could have been cheaper or not never even entered my mind. I've read and listened to A-net's design philosophy and how they want this game to work. I enjoyed playing GW1 and liked a lot of what A-net did with that game as well. Quite simply, I support A-net and would rather that all my money go to them rather than to a store or other distributor who I have rarely had a good experience with (aka Gamestop/bestbuy).

Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    Guild Wars 2 http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=Guild+Wars+2 $59,99

Guild Wars 2 https://buy.guildwars2.com/ $54,99

Cheaper? Just no

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 12:56 PM ----------

Ahh ofcourse... you're probably right, makes sense with the CE, Thank you
    For me atleast in the UK the Guild Wars 2 Official website sells it (Standard Edition) for £49.99 ($79.62) while local and online retailers will sell it for £30 - £35 ($47.78 - $55.74).

Hence the reason why i won't be ordering from the Official website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

I bought through direct2drive because it was 10% off PC games until april 13th (I'm in NA). I'm a poor student. I'm still unsure of how much I'll enjoy the game so I wanted to spend as little as possible. If i don't like it my husband can take over the account no real loss.

I wanted the CE, I haven't bought a CE since Vanilla WoW so, It's an extra treat for me. So retailer is my only option.