Rogue and Cleric state in PVP [DPS] in 1.8

Hey guys, I'd like to know how each of the class will be (or is expected to) turn out in PVP for patch 1.8. I have both in their mid 30s already, but I'm gonna focus on just one for now besides my Mage main.

I'd like to know how the upcoming patch will affect these 2 as damage dealers in PVP. Official forums are inscrutable with hyperbole and crying (aka business as usual ;P)

Rogue isn't changing to much except for Saboteur. Which seemed very viable in PVP now. Marksman will still be probably top for PVP due to its ability to manuever and dps while kiting. Saboteurs will do great AOE damage in WF's but saboteurs also have a long ramp up time (5 GCD's unless Rapid Setup is off cooldown).

Clerics are gaving healing nerfed heavily but they still do great dps. Cabalists are particularly nasty, as are the specs that do damage to heal. I'd give 51 sab a try in PVP now and see if you like how it feels. The damage is terrible currently but the class will still play the same in 1.8 but do way more damage.

I'm no cleric expert but I'd try a cabalist spec of some sort, they seem to be alot of fun.

I have a lvl 32 cleric and spent a few hours in warfronts this weekend. I tried a healing pvp build and tried a little dps but both of them just resulted in me being cannon fodder. I was pretty frustrated by the end of the evening to just write pvp off all together

Question, it seems that clerics can only wear chain (i tried equiping leather). So does rift have a one gear fits all when it comes to clerics?
    A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
    is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Quote Originally Posted by Tonystark View Post
    I have a lvl 32 cleric and spent a few hours in warfronts this weekend. I tried a healing pvp build and tried a little dps but both of them just resulted in me being cannon fodder. I was pretty frustrated by the end of the evening to just write pvp off all together

Question, it seems that clerics can only wear chain (i tried equiping leather). So does rift have a one gear fits all when it comes to clerics?
    Well Leather does not have intelligence or spell power on it, so that is why it does not make sense for you. Here are a few threads:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ling-50-a.html

http://dulfycleric.wordpress.com/cat...cleric/builds/

^ that guy explains some stuff in serious detail