Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

In which aspects will MoP be similar to vanilla?

So, I heard that MoP will 'bring vanilla back' in a way.
    But, how? What things will make it just like vanilla?

Uhm it will "bring vannila back" as much as Cata "brought vannila back"

so, not at all really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Hopefully it WON'T bring Classic back, but keeps working to be the best it can be to as many players as possible, including hardcodes who apparently plays for prestige. I e challenge modes.
    You're good? Well then have this gear set.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    So, I heard that MoP will 'bring vanilla back' in a way.
    But, how? What things will make it just like vanilla?

People seem to can't understand that World of Warcraft is not what it once was, now it's a money machine, plain simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was broken, things were way overpowered compared to other things. As well as many other broken aspects, don't ever expect WoW to go back to that, because it won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Vanilla was broken, things were way overpowered compared to other things. As well as many other broken aspects, don't ever expect WoW to go back to that, because it won't.
    Those who ask for classic forgets the vast list of features and stability improvements that has been implemented over the years.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am almost positive that the "bringing the game back to vanilla" comments are just referring to the general story line. The fact that there will not be one major boss/enemy force over the course of the expansion and there will be a bigger focus on the Horde vs. Alliance. Has nothing to do with mechanics or gameplay at all.

Deleted
    I don't mind things not going back to the oldschool ways, don't cling onto the old, but take steps forward! Looking forward to the Challenge Modes!

What they mean is there will be less linearality and more focus on the world as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for one, it has [Information redacted since information from future Beta may affect current Beta]

Seriously. Its in beta. Its not done yet. We dont know because we have nothing to use yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Those who ask for classic forgets the vast list of features and stability improvements that has been implemented over the years.
    Yep, new things > old bad things that some remember as awesome but were not.

And if you lack the feeling of being new to the game, I'm sorry but not even the best game developers together could make what you need: A time machine.

Clearly World Bosses = also means world open PVP on pvp servers!!!!!

Deleted
    you run round on ground mounts doing quests, killing mobs, and pvp where applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    People seem to can't understand that World of Warcraft is not what it once was, now it's a money machine, plain simple.
    grow up, its always been a money machine.
    that doesn't mean its worse now, infact its better.
    no more spending a month grinding mats for a set of resistance gear to beat one boss then throw it in the bank, no more spending up 3 months(using napkin paper math based on what i remember of the rep gained) farming boss kills to get rep with some dude in azshara to be able to fight the last boss in a raid, no more going flight point to flight point to flight point just to get across the map.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    grow up, its always been a money machine.
    that doesn't mean its worse now, infact its better.
    no more spending a month grinding mats for a set of resistance gear to beat one boss then throw it in the bank, no more spending up 3 months(using napkin paper math based on what i remember of the rep gained) farming boss kills to get rep with some dude in azshara to be able to fight the last boss in a raid, no more going flight point to flight point to flight point just to get across the map.
    Ahh yes, the good old days, when nothing was handed to you on a platter and players had to work for their items.

I have to admit though, some things is vanilla were a bit crazy and excessive. BC was a step forward (probably the best balance), Woltk was a massive step back, Cataclysm just plain sucks (for many reasons), and who knows with MoP, but I bet some will venture to guess.

It won't, and there really is nothing wrong with that, as long as the game improves in some form or another. The only thing Cata really 'brought back' was spending most of our time in old Azeroth as well as a couple dungeons/raids set in Blackrock, etc. Yes, the game is more about making money for Blizzard now than it was in Vanilla, but overall, it's a better game for one reason in particular, and that is class balance, as 'unbalanced' as it may seem at times, it's about 10,000 times better than vanilla as the specs are much improved. Not to mention, the dev's aren't the ones racking in the dough and I still think a lot of them do actually care about the quality of their game.

Whenever someone puts on the goggles about Vanilla again I always think about http://www.darklegacycomics.com/326.html
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Whenever someone puts on the goggles about Vanilla again I always think about http://www.darklegacycomics.com/326.html

Hahhaa I love that comic.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the feel of the old Horde vs. Alliance story that people love that will make it similar to Vanilla.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Sure. Vanilla was not made in the intention or with the aspect of making money. Not at all. Hence, why should a game company try to make profit, Vanilla WoW was purely for fun and was the best game ever...

/sarcasm