Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Which class is actually FUN to play?

Title tbh.

I want to level an alt, and I have heirlooms for all specs/classes. I have never played a Priest, a Shaman, but I have played a Paladin, it used to be my old main in BC, but it got deleted. Paladins are literally an entirely new class from mid BC, though. When I healed on my paladin, I didn't have Beacon yet, (that was the pre sunwell patch) and I just rocked Flash of LIght, HOly Light, and Holy SHock like a bawz.

So, what class between those three is FUN? I don't mean 'LIEK LRLLY GUD @DPS" or anything, I want an alt for just one thing: fun. Which has the funnest playstyle? Is shadow fun? Is ele fun? Fill me in.

Sunshine edit: I'm leaving this open despite it originally being a "what class should I play" thread because there's some really nice discussion going on here. I've broadened the title; feel free to include information from all classes.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2012-04-14 at 03:12 PM.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

ele shaman most fun.. spam chain lightning like a boss interrupts are every 5 seconds and u can spec heals . plus u can go enh for lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    paladins are boring to level as ret...similar for healing. Prot I can't comment on. Priests personally iunno eh...i'd go shaman.

Shaman definately, i have tons of fun on mine
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

whats considered "fun" is an opinion. All the shamans will yell "SHAMAN!" All the priests will yell... you get the point. Pick one yourself based on what you do know about each class/spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow priest or Enhancement shaman

Cant comment on the healing specs as I never heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Of coarse it's all opinion..but only a fool makes choices without seeking counsel from those who know better first.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted
    Definitely Elemental Shaman.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a max level priest and an 80 for shaman and paladin. So far, the shaman is far more fun than paladin imo. My priest is my main so she of course was the first leveled to max. My shaman will be my 6th maxed even though she is my newest alt.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Difficult to say, all 3 classes can be a lot of fun. Really depends what role you intend on doing mainly.

Paladin will give you the most flexibility of the three, since you can either heal, tank or dps, and excel well at all 3. You won't find Holy that fun at low lvl but they do improve. Prot is solid, though very easy to tank with, can still be pretty enjoyable. Since they added holy power and Templers verdict, ret became a lot of fun. Only real downside to Ret is AoE is a bit lacking at 85. Holy and Ret have the best use of Holy power.

Priests give the most flexibility as a healer, since you can choose between disc or holy. Priests(disc) are also pretty much the best healer to do BGs with while lvling, as PW:S is just that good. Tons of fun doing that. Can't say i've played shadow all that much, as my priest has always either been disc/or holy.

I personally prefer paladin of the 3. Ret with heirlooms can certainly be a lot of fun and you can tank for shorter LFD queues. Though it still boils down to personal preference on role.
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2012-04-14 at 07:09 AM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun is a very subjective thing, but I will give my opinions on what I find fun, coming from someone with 12 level 85's.

PALADIN:
    Protection Paladins can be fun, but can have annoying empty GCD's while waiting for Holy Power to accumulate.
    Retribution Paladins have a lot of waiting around for cooldowns while leveling and not much going on until you have to manage Inquisition at level 81+.
    Holy Paladins are my favourite style of healing, at least when I don't have to spam Holy Radiance. There is a lot more to it since the addition of Holy Power and AoE heals, but will be spamming Holy Light until the mid-high levels.

PRIEST:
    Discipline can be fun while leveling because of Attonement. You can heal and top the DPS in dungeons, or just use Power Word: Shield and go bio or something. And besides, who doesn't love Penance?
    Holy I haven't got a chance to try when leveling, but it is my second favourite healing spec behind Holy Paladins. Once you get to the higher levels, AoE healing can be fun at times, as well as a speed boost with Power Word: Shield.
    Shadow seriously lacks spells for a while, with your rotation consisting of keeping up Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague (when you get it) and spamming Mind Flay.

SHAMAN:
    Elemental is quite boring until the 30's (you only have Flame Shock, Earth Shock and Lightning Bolt), but once you get Lava Burst and Rolling Thunder, auto crits and supercharged Earth Shocks can be interesting.
    Enhancement has a decent variety of spells to keep you entertained, but like Elemental will not have much to do until the 30's.
    Restoration healing mainly consists of keeping Earth Shield up and spamming Healing Wave, with no much at all to do until you get Chain Heal and Riptide, although the water hands can be cool to look at. :P

However keep in mind, leveling is never going to be all that exciting. Some classes are more interesting than others, but I find it fairly boring until 85 on pretty much all classes. You just have to tough it out and keep going. Good luck.

I used to love my shadow priest but after making a lock whenever i play my priest it almost feels like a watered down version of a lock with three dots a spamm channeled filler and mindblast on cd. disc and holy are both viable in PvE and disc is in a good spot in PvP with certain classes. but personally both healing specs i find to be quite boring. My holy pally is my favourite healer ( i have all of them) i like the fact i can bring lots of utility backed up by throughput but most holy paladins i see never really maximize ALL their blessings,seals,auras and cool downs , but if you use all your toolkit it never feels like im spamming a few buttons and there is a large variety of spells used. tanking on my palladin i found to be the easier then the other tanks but felt more boring then my dk tank. ret i hated.

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    whats considered "fun" is an opinion. All the shamans will yell "SHAMAN!" All the priests will yell... you get the point. Pick one yourself based on what you do know about each class/spec.

that's a pretty silly attitude to have don't you think? He is talking alts, most of the people saying shaman probably don't even play shaman as their main lol

I have played every class over 60 and shaman is definitely near the top of the list for me as well. Ironic hey? But also, I think any class will be fun if you haven't done the content and levelled alts over and over again.

If it's one of your first alts and the levelling game is still fresh for you, i'd say just go with whatever class you feel drawn to most.. either one should be fun for you.
    Last edited by Chareoss; 2012-04-14 at 07:16 AM.

Enhancement is one of the funnest specs IMO:

-More than 5-6 abilities to use
    -Not GCD capped, meaning you have some windows to think to your next actions, or simply relax
    -Decent to good soloing capacities, if that's something you like
    -You get mostly everything you need in your rotation early on (Only Unleash Elements come later than the 3rd tier of talents)
    -Wolves
    -With the somewhat recent changes to our AOE, it's a very good one, and isn't only a channeling skill ala Mind Sear or Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

I pick a class/spec myself to see if I'll enjoy it. If I don't, I stop playing the toon - whether it hit me at level 10/20/30, etc. If I like it, I keep leveling.

Everyone's opinion will be different on this issue and yours will differ from us. "They told me enhance was fun! I don't like it!" "The critics said this movie was GREAT, but I didn't enjoy it!"

You should have made a poll if you wanted people to pick the alt for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    As everyone will most likely give you different reasoning on what class is the most enjoyable i can just put this out for you.. It's an individual choice. Play the class you belive you prefer the most. Because these people ain't gonna help you with that.. :P
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

holy paladin is pretty fun in arena. you harrass casters with your op interrupt and you can easily kite/los people to annoy them
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to go with Shaman. Mind you, my main is a Paladin, my alt is a shamam and my priest is currently at 81. I say this because the Paladin and the Priest don't get really fun until the 50's while the shaman is fun the entire time. However, around 45 the Priest picks up a bit as Shadow gets some mana management and Disc (no comment on holy as I never tried it) has some more options.

I leveled my Holy pally mostly in BC and finished her off in Wrath and Paladins are only fun once you are in the mid 60's. Not sure how prot is, but Holy and Ret do not get the majority of their spells until then.

So yes, go Shaman. Seems like others agree. All the specs are fun, but elemental is amazing. Resto is a little boring leveling but good and enchancement is unique in a few ways.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

arms warrior, no class is fun after 80 though
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind Control is fun as a priest and Enhance is my favorite to level.