Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, I don't mind the tranquility thing as it nothing new to throw in a heal cd ( i only play pve)
    In my opinion a feral tank (or a kitty jumping in to save tank) with dispersion on a regularly basis is really overpowered!

I didn't get how the symbiosis spell works.

THe druid chooses someone from the team to cast it on.
    The teammate gets (in this case tranq) an additional spell.
    And the druid gets dispersion and whatever else.
    How long do they have the power to use this spell? A few seconds or the whole fight?

So yeah, the Druid puts it on a Target and gets something in return based on his spec and the class it's cast on. The Target gets a fixed spell in return based on their current spec. The spell lasts an hour and cannot be cast during combat. Persists through death.
    Last edited by Karei; 2012-04-14 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Well, I don't mind the tranquility thing as it nothing new to throw in a heal cd ( i only play pve)
    In my opinion a feral tank (or a kitty jumping in to save tank) with dispersion on a regularly basis is really overpowered!

I didn't get how the symbiosis spell works.

THe druid chooses someone from the team to cast it on.
    The teammate gets (in this case tranq) an additional spell.
    And the druid gets dispersion and whatever else.
    How long do they have the power to use this spell? A few seconds or the whole fight?
    You keep it until the druid casts Symbiosis on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did you have any other points left or has it turned out that you were completely angry about nothing after all?
    So we only get the cooldown when we're picked (which will be often, dispersion is powerful).
    Nah, won't hurt at all that another MAJOR chunk of utility is dependent on another character. It was bad enough when we wanted warlocks for our own DPS...

Deleted
    Ah, ok anything else would have been kind of complicated.
    But I guess a shadow priest is a pretty good choice for a feral tank.
    Especially as the tranq will also be helpful in a progress raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're in the wrong regarding symbiosis. It doesn't matter how "wrong" what you get in the trade-off is. It's a druid ability, it isn't a priest ability. It isn't meant to revolutionize group play (the two parties aren't meant to benefit equally). It's THEIR 87 spell.

Now, that said, I think you're in the right regarding divine hymn. Blizzard have made a complete spectacle of shadow priests in MoP, and unfortunately, due to the high volume of priest players who play heals or don't care for shadow, it seems to be going over their head. Since everything is going BoA, just do what I did and scrap your priest for a class in blizzard's favor.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Did you have any other points left or has it turned out that you were completely angry about nothing after all?
    The OP began his post by wailing about how the removal of a long-cooldown healing spell that knocks you out of shadowform demolishes the entire shadow priest spec.

I think your question kind of answers itself. I can't help but wonder what the OP is doing in the eight minutes between his DH uses.

first, we lost Divine Hymn and in its place have a revamped VE, VE is now a 3 min CD that causes something like 50% of the dmg we do to heal the raid, so instead of our raid cooldown dropping us out of form and making us unable to dps for 6 sec, we now can dps harder for more healing, more often.
    2nd, symbiosis is a DRUID ability, it is balanced off the DRUID getting a good spell, the other class in all cases doesnt get anything nearly as good, for example, a boomkin gains mirror images from a mage, the mage gets healing touch. so the fact that a druid gets dispersion doesnt bother me, cause its all relative.
    Lastly, you get freaking tranq, IF you are chosen for symbiosis, this isnt a sure thing, we are not balanced around having tranq, dont go thinking your gonna be able to tranq all the damn time, it will be when the raid leader thinks its the best case for the fight you are doing. and in arena, you would need to be partnered with a feral druid, i dont do many arenas with feral atm, but really, this isnt much different than having hymn on live, and remember we STILL have the new VE, i used it while soloing some trash in the jade temple, i got myself to full hp from about 10% in 3 spell casts.

now, this all doesnt mean that shadow is in a good pace on beta, actually im kinda worried about our talent and glyph choices, it seems we dont have nearly as many options as healers do, so if i where you, i would still give our feedback on what abilites we DO have, but not really worry about symbiosis, as thats all on the druid anyway, what we get from them is what we get.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

If this thread is about PvP, don't forget PvP is balanced only around Mages and DKs :P half-joke

Jokes aside, I am more concerned about Shadow Priests being robbed of almost all healing abilities, unless things changed and I didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Druid gets a NEW spell, target of symbiosis gets a NEW spell.
    Both spells have their own cooldowns. For instance tranquility has an 8 minute cooldown on the shadow priest, so the priest should be able to use it twice on a 10 min fight.
    I'm under the impression that symbiosis persists after death. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    now, this all doesnt mean that shadow is in a good pace on beta, actually im kinda worried about our talent and glyph choices, it seems we dont have nearly as many options as healers do, so if i where you, i would still give our feedback on what abilites we DO have, but not really worry about symbiosis, as thats all on the druid anyway, what we get from them is what we get.
    I think everyone is on the same page about this "worrysome state" of every spec on the beta. It is a beta after all. I'd be more worried if my favorite class/spec were OVERpowered than UNDERpowered.

I'm more worried about changes being uninteresting than unbalanced, but that's just me.

Why am I even reading this, I hate priests xD Anyway, Tranquility is a great spell for pve where freaking everyone feels the love and dispersion in pve is only really for mana/damage mitigation for yourself. I see this as very benificial. Think of it this way, Symbiosis is mostly pve only :P
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    Why am I even reading this, I hate priests xD Anyway, Tranquility is a great spell for pve where freaking everyone feels the love and dispersion in pve is only really for mana/damage mitigation for yourself. I see this as very benificial. Think of it this way, Symbiosis is mostly pve only :P
    Dispersion can be very useful for a raid. Soaking on Ultraxion, Zon'ozz, solo soaking on warmaster, taking impales on madness....

This guy seems to have a very tenuous grip on reality. Why don't you focus on your own class, which isn't really being nerfed at all, and not worry so much about everything else. You act like enemy feral druids will steal your dispersion and you'll be left with no other options than to try to cast tranquility. As has been pointed out, this isn't even remotely close to the truth. You might want to take a deep breath and step away from the computer for a bit, because if this sort of thing gets you that worked up, you should probably re-analyze your priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    first, we lost Divine Hymn and in its place have a revamped VE, VE is now a 3 min CD that causes something like 50% of the dmg we do to heal the raid, so instead of our raid cooldown dropping us out of form and making us unable to dps for 6 sec, we now can dps harder for more healing, more often.
    Instead of 3% going to 4 party members, and 6% to ourselves, it's an average of 8.3% spread across the entire raid. This is a nerf even if used on cooldown and will raise overhealing drastically in most raids.

And that's right, we're dependent on the druid or we lose a major cooldown. Woo!
    Compared to the other places they're taking the gameplay that counts as the good news, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nived View Post
    Invincible kitties you say
    ikr? If there's one thing feral druids need more of, it's survivability
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

My only problem with Symbiosis is that my GM Resto druid that I have grieved this entire expansion with Leap of Faith...will get Leap of Faith. I'm screwed.

You are claiming they lost a baseline ability (divine hymn) then saying that when they get it back, that it is crap... Umm. I don't see your problem. Spriests rarely used divine hymn. You are getting it back via druids. Your teammate gets your cool ability that might help you win a BG or make it so you don't have to be a designated soaker on a fight. Where is the downside?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post
    Instead of 3% going to 4 party members, and 6% to ourselves, it's an average of 8.3% spread across the entire raid. This is a nerf even if used on cooldown and will raise overhealing drastically in most raids.

And that's right, we're dependent on the druid or we lose a major cooldown. Woo!
    Compared to the other places they're taking the gameplay that counts as the good news, too.
    the strength of VE is dependent on party size atm, what would be good is if they balanced it for 25 mans as much as it does for 5 mans, they could do this by making it a smart heal, but the spell itself is a good idea, major healing from a cd that all we need to do is continue dpsing, the pluses outweigh the minuses for me
    Last edited by Deadmedic; 2012-04-15 at 08:38 PM.
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Agreed. The VE change is a good one but as you said, needs to be changed into a smart heal

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    You are claiming they lost a baseline ability (divine hymn) then saying that when they get it back, that it is crap... Umm. I don't see your problem. Spriests rarely used divine hymn. You are getting it back via druids. Your teammate gets your cool ability that might help you win a BG or make it so you don't have to be a designated soaker on a fight. Where is the downside?
    The downside is
    1) that we are required to have a druid (that picks us) to do what we already do (Dh)
    2) what we already do is flawed (Dh) and so they drop that ability druids and give us another via druids that is equally as flawed