Ret Paladin MoP revival?

Just want to see what MMO-C thinks of Ret pally's in this cominig expansion. I know from personal experience after WoTLK (OPness) they took a turn for the worse...way worse in terms of being a real competitive PvP class. Judging from the patch notes i've seen it looks like Blizzard finally took the time to address the problems and close some gaps while opening more room to deal damage. Your thoughts?

How does one revive something that isn't dead?

Oh and rets looking joocy for MoP

atm, I thought that I'd have less gaps, but without Holy Wrath to fill them, it feels a bit like the same.

4.1 had a gladiator ret pally ? Sure we got nerfed but we were stupidly OP. Ret is not dead, it just isn't warlock / rogue / mage / restoshaman, better off than most other classes tbh.

Yes, MOP Does look delicious though.

I was sad to see two of my aoe spells (consecration and holy wrath) going away, and divine storm having to use holy power, but I am glad to see the extra two holy power slots and the changes to exorcism seem good.

Atm, rets are fine. I realy dont know what made you think they are dead.

I play a hunter and when I saw the Ret changes I was worried! They're pretty easy right now as long as you can dispell but with the new changes they're going to be hard as fuck.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

i wouldn't call ret pallies OP during wrath, their poor mobility and vulnerability to dispels resulted in pretty poor rep in high end arena. they were just easy to play and did well in low end arena and random bgs which made them popular.. the only time they could have been considered op was for the 3.0 period where no arena season and no meaningful raid progression happened.

the problem with ret in cata is that the spec's mobility problems were exasperated and in early cata its poor resource generation and over reliance on rng and and actively disruptive mastery made it very very frustrating to play. they've fixed a lot of issues when they redesigned ret's mastery and gave us the t13 2set.

i think ret looks excellent in MoP. they are giving us a number of fixes that we've been begging for for a long long time including smoothing out our resource generation, making wings undispelable, and giving us an actual snare.
    they seem content to leave us in our offhealing/support role by toning down some of our burst which i have no problem with.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking good for Ret I must say.

If PVP for you is arena and not BG/Rated BG/World PVP, then there'll always be classes that are "dead" for people, because arenas are the most unbalanced type of sandboxed PVP that Blizzard has had the bad idea to create. As a BG player I dish out LOLs left and right.

MoP return of 3.0 for sure...

Deleted
    Sacred shield is back!!!! Looks amazing

Quote Originally Posted by noctis21 View Post
    Sacred shield is back!!!! Looks amazing
    Yeah it'll be amazing, alright.. for the Mage that spellsteals it every time.

Deleted
    Can't wait for MoP for rets!

Rets are fine. I just want my wings to be immune to spellsteal and i want divine storm off the CD with CS. Its making me a sad that im not even using DS atm.

Deleted
    I want to be a counter to mages, as what on paper it sounds like, with clease removing slows and freedom. But thats probably not gonna happend. I guess i'm like swifty on that part, he wants to beat rogues in specific, i want to beat mages. Hope they implement more spellstealimmunity and such.

Loving the new talents for rets. Finally a snare, or a constant CC. It's about time!!

Deleted
    Why would MoP be RET pvp revival as you are perfectly fine *cough 120k WoGs * now?

Deleted
    I'm not gonna lie, Ret is pretty ridiculous on Beta right now. As far as OP PvP classes go it's probably DK > Ret > Rest

Reason I say Ret is because you're constantly capped on Holy Power meaning alot of TV/WoG. No CD on WoG, Sacred Shield absorb amongst various other things.

As far as soloing old content goes I'd put Ret higher than DK also, purely because when you kill a mob you can FoL for 100k+ noncrit.

Reason Swifty can't beat Rogues is because he's bad.

Oh forgot to mention Ret gets the Snare and the MIE remover. Basically everything we've wanted since Wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, Ret is pretty ridiculous on Beta right now. As far as OP PvP classes go it's probably DK > Ret > Rest

Reason I say Ret is because you're constantly capped on Holy Power meaning alot of TV/WoG. No CD on WoG, Sacred Shield absorb amongst various other things.

As far as soloing old content goes I'd put Ret higher than DK also, purely because when you kill a mob you can FoL for 100k+ noncrit.

Reason Swifty can't beat Rogues is because he's bad.

Oh forgot to mention Ret gets the Snare and the MIE remover. Basically everything we've wanted since Wotlk.
    to get 100k fol non crit you need to yield exp. good luck getting exp in kara