Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Installation Error 1304?

A friend of mine recruited me on RIFT so I could try it out, never tried it before.

I've downloaded the patcher and I'm trying to update the game but I keep getting error #1304 connection timed out; just to add I'm now getting error #1302 as well. :/

My internet is fine as I'm talking on skype at the same time so that's not disconnecting.
    I have tried allowing RIFT through the firewall and my anti-virus; I've even tried completely uninstalling my anti-virus (Microsoft Security Essentials) and disabling the firewall completely.
    I have removed all my router firewalls and port forwarded the suggest ports on my router (6520 - 6540) but the problem still persists; I'm having to sit and click "Okay - Update" every 1-2 minutes to get the download anywhere and i'd rather go walk the dogs and just leave it downloading or leave it over night.

Does anybody have any other solution to the problem? I've been searching the internet for hours but everyone is saying to disable anti-virus and firewall which I've tried numerous times.

The servers just seemed to bomb on me and some friends. Might be an issue right now with them on there end.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZero View Post
    The servers just seemed to bomb on me and some friends. Might be an issue right now with them on there end.
    I was trying to download about 12 hours ago too in an attempt to leave it downloading whilst I slept but the error kept popping up and I gave up. I've just found a 7.5GB iso torrent so I'm going to download that and install it that way; this is downloading perfectly fine with now hiccups at the same speed as the launcher update so I'm pretty sure it's not my actual internet that's causing the issue as some forum posts around the web have suggested.

Hrmm. Ive got nothing to add unfortunately. Good luck though.

There was a new update that was on the servers today. Last night some of them went offline, I think. Probably just maintenance caught ya at a bad time.