Poll: What month do *you think* GW2 will be released?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm hoping june/early july, though I might be a little too optimistic..

Guessed July. Anywhere between June - August would be nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    so if my computer can handle WoW it should be able to handle gw2 too?
    I believe so
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-04-15 at 07:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    When you play it you'll see they've still got some work to do, maybe not much, but they still need to work on some things. Nothing too game breaking, but they want to deliver the game at a better quality than it's at now.
    I agree with you that they are probably not there just yet.

But don't forget that it's their latest internal build that matters the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    is everyone forgetting this? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    Gw2
    256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better

WoW
    1 GB or more of RAM
    um you do realize that video ram is a different type of ram? GW2 requires 2gigs of ram AND a min. of 256MB of video ram while wow requires 1gig of ram and 128mb of video ram. >.>

What are the minimum system requirements for Guild Wars 2?
    Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAMNVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse

http://us.battle.net/support/en/arti...ld-of-warcraft (NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card- both those cards are around 128mb)

Deleted
    Aha sorry

Deleted
    [QUOTE=vilhelm1992;16436764]*snip* they have already said that have nothing to do with the date the game comes out, i cant remember exactly but it was something about a tribute to old Anet members

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    [QUOTE=DiamondDust;16436870]
    Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    *snip* they have already said that have nothing to do with the date the game comes out, i cant remember exactly but it was something about a tribute to old Anet members
    and that is exactly what someone trying to hide a release date would say :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    so if my computer can handle WoW it should be able to handle gw2 too?
    short answer: no, sorry.

long answer: it depends on what settings you play, and what you see as "playable". if you can just barely run wow on low settings, chances are you won't be able to play gw2 at decent fps (and i'm talking about 20fps+, which is already way below what most people would consider "decent").
    that said, they are trying to keep the requirements low, so if you have no problems running wow at, like, medium setting, you will probably be able to run gw2 on lowest, with no or not too big of a fps drop.
    no one can say for certain how it will be exactly, once it is released, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    June / July seems awfully optimistic to me, I'm gonna say September, on my birthday, just wait and see

is everyone forgetting this? :P
    But in America they go month/day/year, not day/moth/year, and Arenanet is in Seattle.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=vilhelm1992;16436891]
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post

and that is exactly what someone trying to hide a release date would say :O
    Tinfoil Hat People UNITE!

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 09:55 PM ----------

And that ended up strange, qouted myself

Deleted
    [QUOTE=DiamondDust;16436988]
    Tinfoil Hat People UNITE!

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 09:55 PM ----------

And that ended up strange, qouted myself
    you broke the quote system!

yep Ive heard from other friends in the Gaming industry that it is June. One can only hope.

I can't see it coming out any later than August; June seems too soon. I voted July.

I really hope its june.

Anyone saying not this year; ANet has confirmed a 2012 release date. At the beginning of the year they siad 2012 is the year of the Dragon there was a whole article confirming this 2012 release date!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Anyone saying not this year; ANet has confirmed a 2012 release date. At the beginning of the year they siad 2012 is the year of the Dragon there was a whole article confirming this 2012 release date!
    well, it's almost standart already for game releases to be postponed^^

still i think it's pretty silly to seriously expect any date after 2012 christmas sales for gw2, and that's already much later than what it's current state suggests. i'd guess those who think it will be released 2013 either haven't seen enough (or only the wrong) beta material, or just have no clue about game design and publishing

10+ Year Old Account
    With my luck it will be august. The worst time in the academic schedule . Looks like I might be scheduling classes around a game again. Nope can't take economics at 5-9pm bc it will cut into my GW2 time.