Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Release Patches/Expansions(Campaigns)

So your probably thinking to yourself; "Its too early to think about Post Release Patches or Expansions!" But I'm here to tell you that its NEVER to early!

So I'd like to hear your thoughts on what ANet will add in their Post Release patches or Expansions! First lets start off with the patches!

Post Release Patches: What I think is coming with these patches...

-Player Housing/ Guild Halls(I believe someone at ANet said they wanted to include this at release but couldn't fit it in so they will add it after release in a patch)
    -Ground Mounts(I hope they don't do this but hey its still possible)
    -New Dungeons(Not like WoW but maybe 1-3 ever now and then just to keep things fresh)
    -Stealth Dynamic Events(New dynamic events in zones so that we have new reasons to go back to older zones! Other than of course the pure fun of them!)
    -Balance changes
    -New crafting recipies(It would be cool to add new ones in patches!)
    -New armour sets/weapons(Not better stats IE gear treadmill but more along the lines of new armour/weapons as new cosmetic rewards)
    -New personal storey objectives/quests
    -More mini-games

Theres obviously alot more but I want to hear your thoughts!

Expansions(I'm only going to cover the main stuff)
    -New profession/s
    -New race/s
    -New dungeons
    -Brand new personal storey(add on to previous stuff)
    -New zones
    -No level cap increase
    -New crafting proficiancies and add-ons to the old ones

So what are all of your thoughts? What do you think ANet will add in the Post Release Patches/Exapansions?

As long as they keep pumping out new DEs, new gear (cosmetic or stat gear), and then new dungeons/battlegrounds/zones once in a while, and expanding the personal stories, I'll be happy.

I just hope they stick to the guild wars 1 model of balance tweaks every other week as needed. It made GW have some of the best pvp around

I just wanna go back to Elona ASAP and see the damage Palawa Joko has done. Seeing the current state of Cantha would be interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    So what are all of your thoughts? What do you think ANet will add in the Post Release Patches/Exapansions?
    -Player Housing/ Guild Halls
    Yes, they did say they were going to add this
    -Ground Mounts(I hope they don't do this but hey its still possible)
    Me too, all my thoughts on the idea though are in the Mounts thread
    -New Dungeons(Not like WoW but maybe 1-3 ever now and then just to keep things fresh)
    Hope so as well, the ones now are fantastic, and a few more per expac would be lovely.
    -Stealth Dynamic Events
    They said they will never add stealth DE's because of grief'ing issues. At least until they find a way to make it possible not to.
    -New armour sets/weapons
    I'm looking forward to new weapon types to be honest. So many tthings they can add.

Expansions(I'm only going to cover the main stuff)
    -New profession/s
    So maaany professions they can add. I'm totally hoping for Chromomancers like they were planning to do with GW: Utopia.
    -New race/s
    I want Kodans to be a race QQ
    -New zones
    Since there are places you can't go to yet that was open in GW1, I'm sure new zones will be released!
    -No level cap increase
    With how their gear works, I don't see the reason to add levels. Tbh, 80 levels is still quite a lot, the reason I see why you want 80 levels in GW2 is so that you can explore a lot more of the areas instead of just leveling like mad to 20 then done. Not as much content to show with less levels.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they continue the personal stories honestly, one of the small reasons I quit SWTOR was, after such an amazing leveling experience/story it all just kind of ended there was nothing to do. Especially the stories involving your companions, I really wanted to see those go further even after maxing level.
    I like waffles!

Yeah, taking on Palawa Joko in Elona will be awesome. And seeing all the changes that his reign has brought about.
    It's definitely my favourite xpac. Hope it keeps the same mystique.

Well, they have a lot of possibilities for land.

Crystal Desert, Fire Isles, Dwarf Homelands, Far Shiverpeaks, Verdant Forest, the areas north of Ascalon, the Isles of Janthir, Maguuma areas, the Depths, ect. And then we have the other continents. So they're definitely set on content when it comes to finding places to put all of it. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    -Stealth Dynamic Events
    They said they will never add stealth DE's because of grief'ing issues. At least until they find a way to make it possible not to.
    Stealth as in: added to the game without a peep to the public beyond maybe "We added some. Go find 'em."

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    -No level cap increase
    With how their gear works, I don't see the reason to add levels. Tbh, 80 levels is still quite a lot, the reason I see why you want 80 levels in GW2 is so that you can explore a lot more of the areas instead of just leveling like mad to 20 then done. Not as much content to show with less levels.
    There's plenty of reasons, imo. Levels wouldn't hurt anything because of the mechanics of the game, so it's a matter of ANet deciding what they would want to do with a higher level cap, and whether or not it's actually needed. They'd obviously have to figure out how to change up the trait lines. Add another column perhaps? Personally, I'd love to see the level cap eventually pushed up to 100, just because I like nice "round" numbers.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-16 at 04:45 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Has there been anything said about how many quests there are currently for personal story? Looking at the lore they have to work with, there are so many possibilities for content.

Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    Has there been anything said about how many quests there are currently for personal story? Looking at the lore they have to work with, there are so many possibilities for content.
    I haven't read of any estimated/expected numbers other than you can't go from 1-80 on your personal story alone. But that alone doesn't determine the length of the story, only how much experienced is gained throughout. In addition there is Zhaitan, three level 80+ dungeons, and possibly more that can add to the story after the level cap. From a press beta video from February there were at least 22 achievements related to completion which appear to cover (major/expected?)routes available from multiple playthroughs(i.e. the various factions/Orders).

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Expansions likely will follow the GW1 model- some new professions, zones, story. Safely expected. I do hope they add mounts in future expansions. Waypoints don't really help at all. Travel is kind of a pain in the ass currently.

Post-release and pre-expansion is where I think the game is most shaky. Really hard to predicate what Anet will add- player housing? That's a big enough feature to be an expansion. Seeing as their business model relies on expansions... I somehow think that might be in update 2.x. New zones, mounts, race and profession additions all strike me as firmly expansion rather than update material.

I am v. interested to see what Anet can and will bring to the game in the way of pre-expansion updates. It's been quite awhile since I played an MMO where I did not get major content updates monthly or bi-monthly- sub based or not. Without a bimodal endgame I don't think plugging in new & significant content (bi)monthly is going to be so easy.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-04-16 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I do hope they add mounts in future expansions. Waypoints don't really help at all. Travel is kind of a pain in the ass currently.
    I'm genuinely curious and interested to hear the reasons you consider travel to be a pain as is in game now?

I personally think it's better and more convenient than most other games I've played - one can choose a destination - any destination (that they've been to before) and be there in an instant (at least, this is how I understand the waypoints to work - that is, pretty similar to GW1).

My personal hope is for no mounts ever, and unless I'm missing something, I can't see that travel needs any work or further enhancement?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Man View Post
    I personally think it's better and more convenient than most other games I've played - one can choose a destination - any destination (that they've been to before) and be there in an instant (at least, this is how I understand the waypoints to work - that is, pretty similar to GW1).
    Which is all well and good for long distance travel, and much more convenient.. but I can honestly see travelling short-mid distances being much more annoying. The waypoints don't seem quite as close as I had originally thought, which worries me somewhat.
    Ground mounts in a future expansion would be welcomed by me. (Though, they were welcomed by me before, as long as flying mounts never make it into GW2)

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Which is all well and good for long distance travel, and much more convenient.. but I can honestly see travelling short-mid distances being much more annoying. The waypoints don't seem quite as close as I had originally thought, which worries me somewhat.
    Ground mounts in a future expansion would be welcomed by me. (Though, they were welcomed by me before, as long as flying mounts never make it into GW2)
    And aren't allowed in WvW or PvP ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    And aren't allowed in WvW or PvP ^^
    PvP obviously, but they'd be fine in WvW IMO.
    As long as they're not like, a 100% move speed increase or anything, and as long as everyone has access to them.
    As someone pointed out when discussing using gold to buy WvW bonuses - WvW is a massive battle, not meant to be balanced on a player-player scale.

I'm genuinely curious and interested to hear the reasons you consider travel to be a pain as is in game now?
    I almost responded to that point in her post earlier too.

You never have to travel very far because of how well waypoints are spread out. The only time you might have a decent travel is when you're going into a new zone, but you're so busy looking at everything in the game while you run to hearts and stopping for DEs on the way. You probably won't care about traveling very much in a new zone, and you never need to run back anywhere to turn in a quest since you just finish them where ever you finish them. The only time you might need to travel to turn in a quest is for your personal quest, but there's a waypoint directly outside the home instance where you turn them in.

Because I experienced it. Pretty slow and annoying trudging pass DEs and random mobs just to go 100 feet.

Waypoints are okay for back traveling. Traveling within a zone itself quickly? Fairly whatever w/o a time machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bingodan View Post
    I just hope they stick to the guild wars 1 model of balance tweaks every other week as needed. It made GW have some of the best pvp around

Ya, just keep the PvP balanced and I'll be a happy toadstool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would welcome a dwarven race, altho i think they're said to be extinct due to fighting that huge bad ass dragon =/. Still .... i just love dwafs :3
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .