Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite Quote of Video Gaming?

Now, everyone knows the most famous quotes in video gaming, but what's your FAVORITE ONE, famous or not? (You can have more than 1 favorite ofc :P) All your video game quotes r belong to us.

Vergil, Devil May Cry, "Might...Controls..Everything"
    Illidan, World of Warcraft, "You are not prepared!"
    Guile, Street Fighter. "Go home and be a family man"
    Ezio Auditore, Assasins Creed." Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
    Leeroy Jenkins, World of Warcraft "Alright time's up. let's do this, LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKINS!"
    Thorim, World of Warcraft, "You..I remember you..in the mountains"
    Ragnaros, World of Warcraft, "Too soon, .TOO SOON EXECUTUS!"
    Albert Wesker, Resident Evil, "Complete...Global..Saturation"

oh...and I forgot something, Our Princess is in another Castle!
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2012-04-15 at 03:19 PM.
    Howay the lads!

"Take a look at this tiny place. To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison surrounded by water. And so this boy sought out to escape from his prison. He sought a way to cross over into other worlds... And he opened his heart to darkness.
    Don't bother. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is. His heart belongs again to darkness. All worlds begin in darkness, and all so end. The heart is no different. Darkness sprouts within it. It grows, consumes it, such is its nature. In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came! You see, darkness is the heart's true essence.
    So you have come this far, yet still you understand nothing. Every light must fade, EVERY HEART RETURN TO DARKNESS!"

-Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
    Kingdom Hearts
    Dictated from memory.

"Hope is what makes us strong. It is why we are here. It's what we fight with when all else is lost."

Pandora ~ God of War 3

Bioshock. "Would you kindly.....".

"And so is the Golden City blackened
    With each step you take in my Hall.
    Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting.
    You have brought Sin to Heaven
    And doom upon all the world."
    -Dragon Age

"Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding. We are eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it. We are each a nation - independent, free of all weakness. You cannot grasp the nature of our existence. We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure. We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom."
    -Mass Effect

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to my knee."
    -Skyrim
    Last edited by Fibby76; 2012-04-15 at 02:36 PM.

Skyrim: "FUS RO DAH!"
    Oblivion: "Stop right there criminal scum..." and the rest of the Guard stuff lol.
    MW2: RAMIREZ! *insert do something here*.
    TF2 Pyro: *muffled evil laugh*
    World of Warcraft: Shadowfang Keep (Old), Archmage Arugal: Release your rage!
    Black Temple, Illidan: YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!
    Icecrown Citadel, The Lich King: Frostmourne... hungers...
    The Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, C'thun: Your heart will explode...
    I got a lot more favourite quotes but I'll just leave it at that. (Actually I'll add one more.)
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2012-04-15 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    "Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced!" - Illidan Stormrage

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver Intro - Raziel's Monologue (Goddamn the voice-acting for that series is so awesome!)

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Ending - Eva's Monologue

"My name is Guybrush Threepwood and I'm a mighty pirate"

Return the blade...complete the circle...release me from this prison!

I wouldnt say that the quote itself is powerful, but how it is said is fantastic.
    The whole atmosphere of Arthas ascending the frozen throne, reliving his memories, his battles, his corruption, and culminating in the scene that brings this quote.
    Simply magnificent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUE2opMBs8U
    We dream, we dream.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft's Big Bad Wolf: Run away little girl, run away!

Anything GLaDOS has ever said. Or Lemons:

You no take.....<insert quote here> Originally of Elwynn Forest you no take Candle it has used in almost every new xpac made me laugh when I came across it in the MoP Beta too :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Tremble mortals and despair! DOOM has come to this world!

Archimonde in WC3

10+ Year Old Account
    "I remember you... in the mountains!"

"I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings"-Max Payne

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."- Squall Final Fantasy VIII

The one in my sig. It's just so completely screwed up that it manages to convey so much about Majora and his manipulation of Skull Kid. In fact, Majora's Mask is absolutely terrific at creating deep interesting characters without using too much dialogue.

Also, that's another thing. Quotes don't have to be "right" to be deep, meaningful or thought provoking. I think this quote is a perfect example, especially when contrasted with the other Moon Children's quotes.
    "Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you... as a friend?"
    "Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face? "
    "The right thing...what is it? I wonder...if you do the right thing...does it make...everybody...happy?"
    "What makes you happy? I wonder...what makes you happy...does it make...others happy, too?"
    Last edited by yeast; 2012-04-15 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of Dr. Breen's lines, and G-Man's introductory speech to Gordon in HL2.

Dr. Wallace Breen: Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it, exactly, that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.

Love that line because've the truth to it. I really enjoyed Dr. Breen's intelligence as an enemy; his eloquence and misguided aspirations for humankind.

Also, from WoW:
    The Lich King yells: Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear.
    The Lich King yells: They cannot fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."- Squall Final Fantasy VIII
    This one, also "....whatever" -Squall

"Max! dearest of all my friends!"

15+ Year Old Account
    "All your base are belong to us."