Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MyStart - Incredibar removal help

So, 2 hours ago somehow I got Mystart - Incredibar toolbar and stuff installed and it's annoying. I tried many ways and nothing helped (not to mention guides where it says to download their tools, and no links available or need to purchase a license).

So, if anyone here, can just write some steps to remove it because I'm helpless here.

Thank You!

First link on Google:

http://www.zimbio.com/Spyware/articl...om+Redirection

If that doesn't work, snoop around some more, probably lots of resources available for this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    First link on Google:

http://www.zimbio.com/Spyware/articl...om+Redirection

If that doesn't work, snoop around some more, probably lots of resources available for this.

Tried, but I didn't even find it under the Processes tab.

Even tried to System restore but I couldn't because there is an error of some sort(maybe not connected with the Incredibar).

Quote Originally Posted by grindinlife View Post
    Tried, but I didn't even find it under the Processes tab.

Even tried to System restore but I couldn't because there is an error of some sort(maybe not connected with the Incredibar).

Boot into safe mode, run super anti spyware. It should pick it up and remove.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Boot into safe mode, run super anti spyware. It should pick it up and remove.
    That made my already bad problem even worse. I lost my connection to the Internet and it runs really slow now. :/

That made my already bad problem even worse. I lost my connection to the Internet and it runs really slow now. :/

Booting into safe mode with networking won't change your internet connection speed at all. Neither will super anti spyware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Booting into safe mode with networking won't change your internet connection speed at all. Neither will super anti spyware.
    I know, but when I was done booting and with the anti spyware and when I started my PC as normal I didn't have connection and it was running really slow.

BTW, the anti spyware detected a Trojan and a bunch of adware.

Deleted
    I know, but when I was done booting and with the anti spyware and when I started my PC as normal I didn't have connection and it was running really slow.

BTW, the anti spyware detected a Trojan and a bunch of adware.
    Did you read and follow ? How to clean your system from keyloggers and other types of viruses

Worst case if nothing of all this helps you could do a fresh install of Windows, that way you're certain everything is gone.

Deleted
    OK, I think the virus is gone and I'm fine with the viruses for now.

The thing is, my connection is stuck on "Identifying" and can't go on Internet. But I do have Internet connection on MAC(which I'm using to write this) so it's probably something with the PC because they both use the same router.
    I searched Google in hope for a solution for 2 now and nothing.

Go to Device Manager, find Network Adapters. There disable and then enable the correct network adapter, usually Realtek or Intel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Go to Device Manager, find Network Adapters. There disable and then enable the correct network adapter, usually Realtek or Intel.
    Didn't help.

Try restarting your router

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    What operating system are you on? Sounds like TCP stack issues or DHCP broadcast flags. Maybe firewall settings getting reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    What operating system are you on? Sounds like TCP stack issues or DHCP broadcast flags. Maybe firewall settings getting reset.
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

Deleted
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.
    Could always just re-image, should solve any problems you might have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troubleshooting internet connectivity issues is fairly simple, first ensure the correct Network Adapter is enabled. Rightclick on your little network icon in the system tray > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Disable > Enable > rightclick Properties > select Ineternet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties > make sure Obtain IP address automatically is checked > Obtain DNS server address automatically is checked.

Next you need to see if you can ping your own router. Hopefully you know your router's address, most commonly 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 (but there are many others depending on the router model, you'll need to google it). Run command prompt > type Ping x.x.x.x (router address) > you should get a response. If you don't, there must be a physical cable connectivity problem between your PC and router, try using different cables.

If you do get a response and still can't use the internet...not much you can do other can call up your ISP to verify the issue. Try using the same port that your Mac is connected to.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Troubleshooting internet connectivity issues is fairly simple, first ensure the correct Network Adapter is enabled. Rightclick on your little network icon in the system tray > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > Disable > Enable > rightclick Properties > select Ineternet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties > make sure Obtain IP address automatically is checked > Obtain DNS server address automatically is checked.

Next you need to see if you can ping your own router. Hopefully you know your router's address, most commonly 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 (but there are many others depending on the router model, you'll need to google it). Run command prompt > type Ping x.x.x.x (router address) > you should get a response. If you don't, there must be a physical cable connectivity problem between your PC and router, try using different cables.

If you do get a response and still can't use the internet...not much you can do other can call up your ISP to verify the issue. Try using the same port that your Mac is connected to.

This is exactly what I tried yesterday and it didn't help. I did try to replace the cabels but it didn't help either but I noticed the cable my PC uses is kinda hard to put in and to take out, like something's wrong with it, while my MAC cable basically "slides" through with ease.

Deleted
    Cleaning up after infections can tend to be a hassle, something gets deleted or corrupt and you think you fix it and then something else pops up. Like I've said before, why don't you just re-image? Seem like you've had more problems and headaches trying to fix this compared to spending 2 hours making a clean install?

Hello!

Yes! l can help you solve your problem.

l had the same problem this week and had to fight to get rid of this "Incredibar"

Thank God! l just got rid of it.

This is a Malware, some kind of sypware which can infect your computer with viruses and sype your activites on your computer. You have to get rid of it now! The sooner the better.

Well l would not waste your time l just completed getting rid of it from my Mozilla Firefox App.

This is how you get rid of Incredibar

1. Click on Tools on your opened application. Example open the Firefox App. and click tools on the task bar.

2. Then click Add-ons. Add-ons Manager will open.

3. Then click on Extentions.

4. Then look for incredibar among the list of the extentions and click remove to get total rid of it from your computer. Note: Please don't click disable, get rid of it by clicking remove.

5. Also finally check, all programs from the start menu and delete any traces of incredibar saved in the list. Don't forget to clear it from the recycle bin as well.

lt very simple and l hope this information is the best and easy way to get rid of it.

Enjoy your day.

Peter

help!!

I clicked disable by accident then afterwards i clicked on remove, but its still here DX what should i do???

Quote Originally Posted by PEKCLEMENT View Post
    Hello!

Yes! l can help you solve your problem.

l had the same problem this week and had to fight to get rid of this "Incredibar"

Thank God! l just got rid of it.

This is a Malware, some kind of sypware which can infect your computer with viruses and sype your activites on your computer. You have to get rid of it now! The sooner the better.

Well l would not waste your time l just completed getting rid of it from my Mozilla Firefox App.

This is how you get rid of Incredibar

1. Click on Tools on your opened application. Example open the Firefox App. and click tools on the task bar.

2. Then click Add-ons. Add-ons Manager will open.

3. Then click on Extentions.

4. Then look for incredibar among the list of the extentions and click remove to get total rid of it from your computer. Note: Please don't click disable, get rid of it by clicking remove.

5. Also finally check, all programs from the start menu and delete any traces of incredibar saved in the list. Don't forget to clear it from the recycle bin as well.

lt very simple and l hope this information is the best and easy way to get rid of it.

Enjoy your day.

Peter