"Melee healing" and gearing

It seems Blizz is intent on allowing Mistweavers to "melee heal" with the use of direct attacks in Serpent Stance to heal for half of the damage dealt. This makes me wonder. How would a "melee healer" gear up in such a case? As I understand it, attack power determines how hard physical attacks hit for, while spell power determines how hard magic attacks hit for. In this case, it would seem a Misteaver going melee would want AP, or in this case, AGI to increase their melee hits, thus increasing their melee heals. But, increasing melee heals in this manner would reduce the usual heals that have been based on spell power, or INT. All this is getting me confused, especially since they really want melee healers to exist. Could someone help me understand what they are planning?
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

Spellpower and AP are coefficients in all monk abilities (just about). Your melee attacks will not be strong, but they won't be like a Holy Paladin running up and using CS.

One would assume they want dps to be along the lines of what a Disc Priest can do, maybe a little higher since it's melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Spellpower and AP are coefficients in all monk abilities (just about). Your melee attacks will not be strong, but they won't be like a Holy Paladin running up and using CS.

One would assume they want dps to be along the lines of what a Disc Priest can do, maybe a little higher since it's melee.
    Thanks. Didn't think AP contributed to the numbers, but I do see that it doesn't contribute as much as SP does.

Now, another thought came into my mind. If melee healers were to focus on AGI gear, won't that be a problem with going OOM? As it is, one benefit to INT gear is that it can also have another important stat on it. Spirit. Spirit contributes to mana regen, both in and out of combat. Now, unless there is another secondary stat that contributes to that, won't gearing for AGI be counter-productive in the end? Or, would that require these melee healers to make constant trips to the reforger? There is Cherry Mana Tea, but there can be quite a bit of standing still and alone when melee usually have to be on their toes and on the move.
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

Deleted
    and we delve into the murky realms of AGI + Spirit gear, madness!

I am guessing they will make a spirit to hit and int to ap type conversion for the mistweavers. The healing roll is there to allow you to do decent DPS and still be a decent healer at the same time. This will make it tricky in that why bring other DPS class's when you can stack monks and have good healing while having good DPS.