Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Like I said before, deadlines are the only influence publishers have, and in some ways it can be considered reasonable. They have no other effect on game content.
    Are we pretending that deadlines have no affect on how a game is released now?
    Oh boy. Why do I bother.
    Sure you're right. Developers are lazy, without a deadline all developers would be lazy and never release content!
    Thank god EA was on the ball with DA2, Warhammer online, and SWTOR. Those games were released in a completely finished state and were not rushed in any sense of the word. Thank god for that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I never said they put the right deadline, but without a deadline, things get done at a much slower pace than they need to be. I've had enough jobs over my lifetime to recognize that most humans will take things at a slower pace when they don't have a deadline to meet. If they're just told "Hey, get this done whenever" the supervisor finds that, 9 times out of 10, "whenever" doesn't come soon enough.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    could say that about any game/game company so stfu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Ask yourself what company buys another company and not interfere with development.

I might as well say that Activision and Blizzard MERGED they did not get bought out, so that's a huge difference.

You're just fooling yourself if you think Ncsoft has not directly affected development in any way.
    This is ridiculous pedantry, but NCSoft wouldn't not have had any direct involvement on the development of GW2. They may have some indirect involvement, and have probably influenced some elements of development, but Arenanet is solely the developer.

10+ Year Old Account
    if one says NCSOFT I remember a game called Lineage2. It was a grinding game, with many farmers. but the PvP was 100 times better than anything else. Until this day, no PvP comes even remotely close to the feeling of laying siege to a castle while 600 ppl are try to defend it.
    Good times. But that ship has sailed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    if one says NCSOFT I remember a game called Lineage2. It was a grinding game, with many farmers. but the PvP was 100 times better than anything else. Until this day, no PvP comes even remotely close to the feeling of laying siege to a castle while 600 ppl are try to defend it.
    Good times. But that ship has sailed...
    When some one says NCSOFT, I then remember that GW2 was made by ArenaNet. ^_^
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Really?

They rushed DA2 to the market to capitalize on DA:O success, in the process they mangled it so badly that it's not worthy of being a Bioware game.

They even asked for a lot of input for the next DA for the same reason.
    What do you mean really?
    That's what I said happened, you are currently agreeing with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    My bad I read "involve" as a positive :/

I just noticed your previous posts, sorry for missing the context.
    No harm done.

Well in anycase, so far I don't see any signs of NCSoft meddling with ArenaNet's development of this game. NCSoft, from my experience, is pretty hands off their subsidiary developers (Tabula Rasa aside).

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm. The article that Mif linked has this in it:
    NCsoft persuaded ArenaNet to hire Dociu in 2003 because the Guild Wars 1 art "wasn't quite cutting it".
    And so far, I'm not disappointed by that persuasion.

The only thing NC soft is guilty of, is putting their name on every single piece of MMO software that they can. Unfortunately this means some of the most grindy pieces of garbage I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean that GW2 is going to suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relevent video from WoodenPotatoes
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)