Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If it's normal to be able to beat/maime/maul/murder children in Azeroth, why aren't you allowed to do any such things to any child NPCs in the game? Why are there no quests that involve the subject matter? Is it only okay to beat kids if you're a king?

It doesn't matter that he's SO STRONG. He doesn't have any self-control, and hurt his son because he was angry. That's not right.

And if you're not supposed to judge characters in Azeroth because it's not the same laws/social stigma/ect, why do people do just that with all of the Horde-side characters? Is Sylvanas suddenly okay because you just don't understand what she's going through? No, she's still pretty terrible, just like Varian is a child-beating monster.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 06:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    OP never made a second post. Troll?

OT: Varian only grabbed Anduin on the arm, his epic strength it didn't occur to him how tight he was gripping it.
    It doesn't matter if he 'only' grbabed Anduin on the arm, he physically and emotionally hurt the boy enough for him to run to Velen's foster care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Does every noun really require two adjectives? Or failing that an entire parenthetical description? My human-tinged features are desolately, lacrimosedly besorrowed at this leaden, curmudgeonly abuse of the English language.
    I hate when people point things out that most people were oblivious to. And the thing they were oblivious to is always completely unimportant.

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    If it's normal to be able to beat/maime/maul/murder children in Azeroth, why aren't you allowed to do any such things to any child NPCs in the game? Why are there no quests that involve the subject matter? Is it only okay to beat kids if you're a king?

It doesn't matter that he's SO STRONG. He doesn't have any self-control, and hurt his son because he was angry. That's not right.

And if you're not supposed to judge characters in Azeroth because it's not the same laws/social stigma/ect, why do people do just that with all of the Horde-side characters? Is Sylvanas suddenly okay because you just don't understand what she's going through? No, she's still pretty terrible, just like Varian is a child-beating monster.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 06:44 AM ----------

It doesn't matter if he 'only' grbabed Anduin on the arm, he physically and emotionally hurt the boy enough for him to run to Velen's foster care.
    So what you are saying Anduin was a big wuss till the end of that story? Meh already knew that. Next whiny problem.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Its a game get over yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    you messed up the titel: why is everyone ok with varian just beating his kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian is a king and the king does what he wants. who are you to judge a king?

Adds drama, you're apparently supposed to know that that's the kind of person he is

Where is my quest for this!? :P i need some good Stormwind gossip.. its been getting really boring lately. Besides, garrosh as tooth fairy? cant wait to see that tutu!

How has this thread not been locked yet? lol

I don't understand how it being a fictional story has anything to do with it. How is Varian abusing his son letting him evolve as a proper leader for the Alliance? How come Varian is the one getting a redemption story and rising to become a good king when Garrosh is put down on the slab? Garrosh hasn't beaten any kids lately. The things Garrosh has done? They're all part of the culture he's from.

I don't think there's any lore basis for the human kingdoms to have a lot of child abuse going on or for it to be a 'society' thing. If it wasn't an ordeal, Anduin wouldn't of reacted the way he did.

This is a real lore discussion so if you're going to say 'its just a game' them you probably didn't care much about WOWLORE to begin with.

But its okay to Genocide a race to collect ears for a stranger you met 30 seconds ago.

yep
    Hi Sephurik

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    The destruction of Theramore puts Garrosh at killing multiple children, men and women. But no. We are here to talk about Varian hitting his kid and no one in this thread knowing what you are talking about.
    Garrosh killed multiple children when his orcs bombed Thaldarah grove. Not to mention all the civilian men, women and children who lost their lives to horde aggression in Ashenvale. Hes responsible for all of it, whether he executes the subordinates he whipped up into a bloodlust or not

I beat kids and I'm not the King of Stormwind. Pretty disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyjimbob View Post
    Because it's a game? Seriously. No joke.

If they want Aduin to be abused in the lore, I couldn't care less. I'm pretty sure there's (implied) rape at least 3 times across the entire story. Garona was a product of rape, some of the dragon aspects/followers/whatever were forced to mate (rape), and someone else. I forget. No one ever talks about that though, probably because they realize it's fictional. And if it's not real, there's no reason to get worked up over it.
    That's a weird attitude. It's not real, so it doesn't matter? If that's the case, why follow the story? It's not real and doesn't matter, so why put any effort into knowing it if you think it doesn't matter?

I agree this is being blown out of proportion (IDK what happened, but physical punishment isn't new in ANY reality), but to simply say no one should address the lore because it's not real in a game where many are interested in the lore is a goofy excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    Garrosh killed multiple children when he bombed Thaldarah grove. Not to mention all the civilian men, women and children who lost their lives to horde aggression in Ashenvale.
    Please go research your lore because it's made very, very clear that Garrosh doesn't support any of that

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 06:57 AM ----------

I'm pretty sure there's (implied) rape at least 3 times across the entire story. Garona was a product of rape, some of the dragon aspects/followers/whatever were forced to mate (rape), and someone else. I forget.
    The difference is, the King of Stormwind and eventual High King as well as leader of the Alliance isn't the one doing the raping. If he raped people all day while beating his son, could you really call him a good leader? How exactly does adding rape make him more fit for the job?
    Last edited by peachtree; 2012-04-16 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    Garrosh killed multiple children when his orcs bombed Thaldarah grove. Not to mention all the civilian men, women and children who lost their lives to horde aggression in Ashenvale. Hes responsible for all of it, whether he executes the subordinates he whipped up into a bloodlust or not
    He absolutely did not, in fact he kills the person who actually did do it and feels the tragedy of the deaths very deeply. The quest was very gripping.

I hear there is a new quest where capture a horde spy, and repeatedly grab his arm till he can't take the pain any longer and he spills all the Horde secrets.

Deleted
    Grabbing someone by the arm counts as beating him?

I knew our society turned meek and overly sensitive, but this is too much.

Anyone who raised a kid knows that talking in a pedagogic voice wont help when they are wrecking shit or being disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Grabbing someone by the arm counts as beating him?

I knew our society turned meek and overly sensitive, but this is too much.

Anyone who raised a kid knows that talking in a pedagogic voice wont help when they are wrecking shit or being disrespectful.
    Anduin didn't do anything to merit a punishment but Varian saw fit to hurt his son to the point where Anduin couldn't be around him and had to go to Velen.

Anduin trusts an alien in a dress that came from a spaceship more than he does his own father?

Deleted
    its fiction, you need to get out more!