Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfbeach View Post
    Scimitar of Seven Stars
    Gem with Crit.

So with the Legendary Gem out, which is the best Weapon Comp?

Choosing between (heroic) Elegion, (reg/heroic) Scimitar, and (reg) Kilrak. What will be the best MH/OH combo....

My first guess is, for the MH, (heroic) Elegion, replacing with (heroic) Scimitar once received, with the gemmed Kilrak in the OH.

What's making me ask this is the fact that you will be able to gem a prismatic socket in the Sha-Touched Weapons come 5.1.... Would (reg) Kilrak be better in the MH with the extra gem socket, gemming for crit of course? Would it beat (heroic) Elegion, but not (heroic) Scimitar, or would it beat both? Or maybe, even with the gem bonuses, that you go (heroic) Scimitar in MH and OH until (heroic) Kilrak? (Although I think the latter will be highly unlikely come 5.1.)

Thank you very much.

Elegion: wowdb(dot)com/items/87062-elegion-the-fanged-crescent
    Scimitar: wowdb(dot)com/items/86987-scimitar-of-seven-stars
    Kilrak: wowdb(dot)com/items/86387-kilrak-jaws-of-terror
    Last edited by Datachanger; 2012-11-18 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. You can't gem crit in Kilrak.
    2. It doesn't matter which hand the extra 500str is in. Stats are stats.
    3. Mainhand should always be higher DPS weapon.

Your first guess is entirely correct.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

wowhead.com/item=86071/screaming-tiger-qiangs-unbreakable-polearm
    or
    wowhead.com/item=81697/the-gleaming-ravager

And this will be for an tauren arm's warrior both have elemental blast.

anyone working on a thread to compare weps from t14?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreepo View Post
    i got the Heroic elegon axe and i think ill go with elegon axe MH (dancing steel) - sha touched sword OH (Windsong)
    Was about to ask a question regarding that to, also have Elegon HC weapon and the Sha touched Sword with gem.. and i'll probably keep it until the Schmitar drops in HC for me, which i will replace with the Elegon axe obv.. Questions is if (N) Kilrak with sha gem is better then heroic Elegon/Schmitar?

i believe the 500 str would be a bigger upgrade than having the elegon axe OH

i believe the 500 str would be a bigger upgrade than having the elegon axe OH
    Even if the axe was the HC one?

yea if you look on the spreadsheet from Requiel, it says its a dps increase.

Deleted
    yea if you look on the spreadsheet from Requiel, it says its a dps increase.
    By how much?

Deleted
    Hi, im pretty much a newb so bear with me please.
    I got those axes from HC (463ilvl), today a dagger dropped in raid - nobody wanted it so i took it just to test it out. Dagger gives agility but has 800 more dps than my axes, i ran simulation craft with the dagger and DPS dropped from 74k to 48k!!
    So, are daggers really that bad, or is simulation craft messing with me. I put the dagger in offhand and mainhand, same results. I dont get it. Is it cuz of that attack speed difference?
    (Even though dagger gives agi, my raw dps on character screen goes up due to huge difference in weapon DPS - dagger is lvl 489)

Thanks

its not a dps increase in weapon dmg but it gives a 100+ dps value if you have in OH than the elegon axe.
    i hope you understand me, its not better than the elegon in the MH but as OH its alot better.

Kilrak, Jaws of Terror Weapon DPS :3313 DPS Value :30906,0953846154

Elegion, the Fanged Crescent (H) Weapon DPS :3504 DPS Value :30840,6766153846

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 09:22 AM ----------

im don't know the answer to your question, but i know that agi weps are sometimes much better than str.
    if you want an example : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Oixte/simple
    Oixte had being using that fist weapon for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by crorens View Post
    Hi, im pretty much a newb so bear with me please.
    I got those axes from HC (463ilvl), today a dagger dropped in raid - nobody wanted it so i took it just to test it out. Dagger gives agility but has 800 more dps than my axes, i ran simulation craft with the dagger and DPS dropped from 74k to 48k!!
    So, are daggers really that bad, or is simulation craft messing with me. I put the dagger in offhand and mainhand, same results. I dont get it. Is it cuz of that attack speed difference?
    (Even though dagger gives agi, my raw dps on character screen goes up due to huge difference in weapon DPS - dagger is lvl 489)

Thanks
    When you swap a 1h axe or sword for a dagger, the normalized weapon speed for your instant attacks goes from 2.4 to 1.7 seconds, meaning you're losing nearly 30% of your damage from attack power on every single weapon damage based ability (which is basically everything besides Dragon Roar, auto attack and Execute these days).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angriff View Post
    When you swap a 1h axe or sword for a dagger, the normalized weapon speed for your instant attacks goes from 2.4 to 1.7 seconds, meaning you're losing nearly 30% of your damage from attack power on every single weapon damage based ability (which is basically everything besides Dragon Roar, auto attack and Execute these days).
    I see, thanks alot for clearing that up.

On a second note, if i dropped a 1h and 2h in LFR, could i dual wield those? nobody seems to talk about carrying a 1hander and a 2hander. Would the same thing happen? Since i would lose the SMF bonus damage.
    Imagine you drop 2 epic weapons and one is 1h and the other 2h, id kill myself

SMF, TG or Arms?

1 x 502 Heroic Starshatter (2h)
    1 x 496 Shin'ka (2h)

1 x 496 Scimitar of 7 Stars (1h)
    1 x 489 Hand of Elegon (1h)

What should I go for? Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Gouca/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    SMF, TG or Arms?

1 x 502 Heroic Starshatter (2h)
    1 x 496 Shin'ka (2h)

1 x 496 Scimitar of 7 Stars (1h)
    1 x 489 Hand of Elegon (1h)

What should I go for? Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...w/Gouca/simple
    SMF should still win out there, the 1Hers are close enough in item level that the inherent advantage for SMF on single target fights will win out.

Deleted
    LFR lei shins final orders VS LFR darkmist vortex VS scholomance trinket? i looked up on 3 different sources and they all say differently.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crorens View Post
    LFR lei shins final orders VS LFR darkmist vortex VS scholomance trinket? i looked up on 3 different sources and they all say differently.
    Thanks
    Lfr lei shins is the winner

Does it matter to use a sword or an axe as a arms warrior, i heard people say to use a sword because of expertise??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by galarn View Post
    Does it matter to use a sword or an axe as a arms warrior, i heard people say to use a sword because of expertise??
    Some races benefit extra from certain weapons. Humans gain a bonus to swords and Maces for example and Orcs gain extra expertize from Axes.