Deleted
    Not sure whether to go SMF or not.

Currently TG with double normal 489 starshatter
    I have a normal elegion 489 and a RF scimitar of seven stars 483

Quote Originally Posted by Geras View Post
    Not sure whether to go SMF or not.

Currently TG with double normal 489 starshatter
    I have a normal elegion 489 and a RF scimitar of seven stars 483
    For cleave fight keep using TG. On simple target fight SMF will be higher.

Deleted
    Hi guys!
    Gara'kal 489
    or
    Dubious Handaxe (upgraded once)
    Garakal is a fist weapon with agility but it has much higher dps.

Difference in stats -400 str, +500 dps (on the weapons), green stats are a bit better on Garakal but ignore those.

I was going to use it in protection spec, but the question goes for SMF as well.

Thanks

Never use an Agi weapon for prot. The loss of Parry and Attack power is a really big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello.

Which weapon comp gives me better dps/damage overall

Elegon 1h axe + LFR 1h sha-touched sword VS 2h Sha Touched Axe + LFR Elegon 2h sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Elegon 1h axe + LFR 1h sha-touched sword VS 2h Sha Touched Axe + LFR Elegon 2h sword.
    Without doing any simulations for hard evidence, my educated guess would be the SMF setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Hello.

Which weapon comp gives me better dps/damage overall

Completely dependent on where your Sha Touched gem is.

Can anyone help me decide which would be better. currently i have elegon 2h sword (2 upgrades) + lfr shin'ka with legendary (2 upgrades).
    In my bags i also have heroic elegion + normal kilrak with legendary gem (also normal scimitar , but im sure its has lower prio). no upgrades yet. can do 2 this week.
    With all reforges i tried smf on heroic empress (phase1) last week and it seemed worse than tg for me. maybe it was just my feelings as we had only few tries that night, but i switched back to tg. Any suggestions ? Askmrrobot shows me that overall score is higher as smf.
    race: human
    Last edited by Hitriy; 2013-01-17 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitriy View Post
    Can anyone help me decide which would be better. currently i have elegon 2h sword (2 upgrades) + lfr shin'ka with legendary (2 upgrades).
    In my bags i also have heroic elegion + normal kilrak with legendary gem (also normal scimitar , but im sure its has lower prio). no upgrades yet. can do 2 this week.
    With all reforges i tried smf on heroic empress (phase1) last week and it seemed worse than tg for me. maybe it was just my feelings as we had only few tries that night, but i switched back to tg. Any suggestions ? Askmrrobot shows me that overall score is higher as smf.
    race: human
    I'm pretty sure TG spec will be better for P1 & P2 because of RB & WW doing much more damage as TG. But SMF will be king when it will be time to execute. You will be in Zerk stance spaming exec all time.
    I think overall SMF spec will be better. But if you are not going to execute on this boss any time soon i recomend you to stay in TG as it will make DPS easyier for P1 & P2.

By the way for your SMF spec i recomend you use normal scimitar + normal kilrak. Scimitar offer more crit than elegion and furthermore you're human and you will gain expertise.

If you wanna look at my log, my guild is currently on heroic empress and i'm performing quite good as SMF.
    Here is a log where we were almost in P3 : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1356&e=1850

Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    I'm pretty sure TG spec will be better for P1 & P2 because of RB & WW doing much more damage as TG. But SMF will be king when it will be time to execute. You will be in Zerk stance spaming exec all time.
    I think overall SMF spec will be better. But if you are not going to execute on this boss any time soon i recomend you to stay in TG as it will make DPS easyier for P1 & P2.

By the way for your SMF spec i recomend you use normal scimitar + normal kilrak. Scimitar offer more crit than elegion and furthermore you're human and you will gain expertise.

If you wanna look at my log, my guild is currently on heroic empress and i'm performing quite good as SMF.
    Here is a log where we were almost in P3 : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1356&e=1850
    Thanks for the tip. We are working on last phase already and execute phase is what i should aim for aswell. But then , isnt kilrak in mh and elegion in oh would be better? yes , stats and crit is abit lower but i gain weapon damage which is also important. Id like to add that on those tries i did as smf i used kilrak in oh and elegion in mh. Its just the opposite from what site showed me as optimal. Probably i should just leave all the doubts and go as it tells me. Gonna give it another shot and compare to our logs from last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitriy View Post
    Thanks for the tip. We are working on last phase already and execute phase is what i should aim for aswell. But then , isnt kilrak in mh and elegion in oh would be better? yes , stats and crit is abit lower but i gain weapon damage which is also important. Id like to add that on those tries i did as smf i used kilrak in oh and elegion in mh. Its just the opposite from what site showed me as optimal. Probably i should just leave all the doubts and go as it tells me. Gonna give it another shot and compare to our logs from last week.
    If you prefer going with elegion you should put it in MH. Remember that: always put the best iLvl weapon (=best weapon damage) in the MH. (maybe not always but this rule works 90% of time)

Execute scale with AP and not with weapon damage. So even if Elegion have higher iLvL compare to scimitar it doesn't really matter . Scimitar give a little less str but more mastery&str which will buff your execute.

Aight , thank you. Will try differerent weapons to compare results and decide what is better for me.

dual 463 Goresoaked head reapers or 463 Hozen slicer?

Alright so I just got my second Shinka from LFR today, and was wondering wether I should stick with my current set up of:

Kilrak2/2|DancingSteel|ShaGem|320critBonusSocket and Scimitar1/2|DancingSteel|160crit160hit

or switch to

Shinka0/2|DancingSteel|ShaGem|320CritBonusSocket and Shinka0/2|DancingSteel|noGem|320CritBonusSocket

I always figured dualing sha weps is a bad idea cuz of the lack of second sha gem, but the socket bonus might change that. I'll have to throw 15000g at the sockets but if it is a significant enough increase (damn you battletron) I'll go for it

current setup
    Last edited by Mabaroshi; 2013-01-23 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabaroshi View Post
    Alright so I just got my second Shinka from LFR today, and was wondering wether I should stick with my current set up of:

Kilrak2/2|DancingSteel|ShaGem|320critBonusSocket and Scimitar1/2|DancingSteel|160crit160hit

or switch to

Shinka0/2|DancingSteel|ShaGem|320CritBonusSocket and Shinka0/2|DancingSteel|noGem|320CritBonusSocket

I always figured dualing sha weps is a bad idea cuz of the lack of second sha gem, but the socket bonus might change that. I'll have to throw 15000g at the sockets but if it is a significant enough increase (damn you battletron) I'll go for it

current setup
    If I'm not misreading this totally your onehanders are higher ilvl, which makes the SMF setup significantly stronger. As a side note you might want to change the on-use crit trinket for a strength proc one (e.g. Xuen) since on-use trinkets stack badly with engineering (synapse springs) particularly if you are playing SMF, which values strength more than TG.

Deleted
    elegon (hc) + kilrak (normal) vs starshatter (hc) + Starshatter (normal) i tend to smf setup but those 2handers have like 1800 crit

Deleted
    I currently have Scimatar HC and Elegon HC.

Would it be better to equip the Sha touched 1h in my OH (fully upgraded) with the extra gem and gem slot with the Scimitar in my MH?

Can someone provide me a quick newbie overview of what stats are most important in the Offhand weapon in Titan's Grip? I'm guessing compared to MH the Strength is valued slightly more, while the DPS is valued slightly less.

I can provide an example of two I'm comparing for offhand purposes
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=41181;38237

Similar question: How do the offhand secondary stats of +hit and +exp work? I thought they pooled to apply to both weapons, but the Armory still shows a #/# for expertise. Is that just a holdover from pre-MoP that hasn't been changed on the armory?

Finally, do I need to have an axe in my mainhand to benefit from the Orc expertise racial, or can it be in either hand, or does the #/# from pre-MoP actually still apply?

Thanks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Ok, it looks like in-game the separate expertise values are still in effect, therefore I'm guessing my weapon bonus applies to the respective hand.
    Based on the Fury guide I'm guessing I only worry about mainhand exp/hit. Still not sure what I should be looking for in my offhand, maybe I'll post to the fury thread.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    LFR elegon 2h or mogu'dar, blade of the thousands slaves ? Which one for off-hand as fury.