Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    No you're completely right. People shouldn't try and voice concerns in a constructive manner we should all just ignore them and stick our heads in the sand.

If you bothered to actually read the posts you'll find that people aren't asking for hand outs or "welfare epics", we're asking for an adjustment in mechanics that would improve the gaming experience for all concerned. No one is asking for everything, no one is asking to be rewarded for nothing.

But I suppose making a post full of name calling and swearing is far more constructive than trying to have a grown up conversation about game concerns.
    I have no problem when people post about concerns in a constructive manner. But that is like 1 to 10 ratio with those. Everyone else will complain about something no matter what. If they would have launched Rated WZs with bugs people will complain. They decided to not release it and people still complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why some are making a big deal about PvP in TOR. I thought it had been pretty established for mumorpugers, by this point, that PvP'ers are always, by far, in the minority compared to PvE'ers? So while not getting rated warzones or still only having tiny 8v8's might be a problem, making sure the raids are finely tuned is much more important. Isn't it?
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-16 at 02:52 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by welko View Post
    I have no problem when people post about concerns in a constructive manner. But that is like 1 to 10 ratio with those. Everyone else will complain about something no matter what. If they would have launched Rated WZs with bugs people will complain. They decided to not release it and people still complain.
    Are you sure its not rather concerns about the manner in which it was done?

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm not sure why some is making a big deal about PvP in TOR. I thought it had been pretty established for mumorpugers, by this point, that PvP'ers are always, by far, in the minority compared to PvE'ers? So while not getting rated warzones or still only having tiny 8v8's might be a problem, making sure the raids are finely tuned is much more important. Isn't it?
    Awww well then there's no need to cater to PvPers to begin with, as we are always, by far, in the minority. Our absence will not even be noticed. Yet strangely they brought out a new Warzone :/ hmmm. I think the reality might very well be at odds with your perception.
    Last edited by GallowsZA; 2012-04-16 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by welko View Post
    I'm not sure you've read any of the actual posts in this thread, going by your responses I'd guess you saw the title and decided to blow off some steam by calling players "whiny little bitches".

Take the time to read the discussion before wading in hurling insults at people and perhaps you'll be taken a little more seriously, if you're actually interested in having a discussion about pvp try making a constructive post or engage in the conversation, if you don't agree with what is being said then please feel free to point out what points you think are invalid and why.

So far your contributions are name calling and sweeping generalisations.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep the discussion on topic. Back your opinion with facts and leave the insults out of your posts. If the bickering continues the thread will be closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    You seem to be missing the point a bit here mate. Try reading the posts and understanding what people are saying before you cover us all with the mindless QQ blanket.
    Replying to the OP, what u all think is beyond me atm.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    People should be quitting because of shitty pvp balance not stupid wz medals. I cap my 8 medals in the first 3 minutes of every game, it is extremely easy...

Post constructively otherwise it's just game bashing. -Cula
    $20 bucks says you are a tank. DPS medals are still a huge pain in the ass to get, and I usually only cap when we win with timers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I'm not sure why some are making a big deal about PvP in TOR. I thought it had been pretty established for mumorpugers, by this point, that PvP'ers are always, by far, in the minority compared to PvE'ers? So while not getting rated warzones or still only having tiny 8v8's might be a problem, making sure the raids are finely tuned is much more important. Isn't it?
    So once you clear the raid content for the week what else are you supposed to do? Sure you can do dailies *barf*, run the same HM instance over for gear you don't need or want, or you can can go have fun pvping with guild mates. Prior to 1.2 pvp much more fun, as I said in my earlier post it was reasonably balanced, but could have used a few tweaks, then Bioware goes and blows the whole thing up countering what they themselves outlined as the direction they wanted pvp to go. They wanted to lower burst, and slow down the pace, and got the exact opposite. They wanted to weed out afkers and instead got people leaving WZ's at the first sign of a loss, because it's not worth staying in the game for 10 to 15 minutes to pick up 40 or so comms if you are able to keep the game relatively close, else of you get rolled you get nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    Awww well then there's no need to cater to PvPers to begin with, as we are always, by far, in the minority. Our absence will not even be noticed. Yet strangely they brought out a new Warzone :/ hmmm. I think the reality might very well be at odds with your perception.
    Well, actually, I am a PvP'er so I don't think there is much in the way of bias that would affect my perception in favor of PvE. In fact, I'm simply basing my conclusion off my experience with the market. Nor would I be so quick to assume that adding another warzone, still not sure how they justify calling a meager 8v8 "war" anything, means there is much at odds with my perception. If you were not aware of the disparity then you were not aware of it. That hardly means it doesn't exist.

The fact that BioWare has gone as far as they have to satisfy those who want to PvP in TOR is surprising to me. Or how seriously, if the purported reason behind the free thirty thing is accurate, they seem to take a faction that traditionally has not the most important factor to consider for content in an mumorpuger. Maybe I'm just surprised that with the last decade of experience, so little of it still seems to be taken into account.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    Daniel Erickson just posted about PVP it might be relevent
    Interesting. Wait, so there are still no penalties for AFK'ers? Did they at least implement the vote to kick thing?
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-16 at 04:45 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

PvP is a lot more active on Vulkar Highway now after the patch than before. Server population has certainly evened out and it's no longer pure Huttball. While a lot are disappointed/upset about no ranked wzs a lot of people are practicing tactics and group comps for rated warzones.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I will not. Ridiculous.

Have you noticed that the vast majority of whinning in MMORPGs is always about PvP?

Haven't you learned yet that to balance PvE oriented classes around PvP in a PvE oriented game is an utopia????

Seriously, play the game if you like it, dont play it if you dont, leave the whinning at the door.

Deleted

Interesting. Wait, so there are still no penalties for AFK'ers? Did they at least implement the vote to kick thing?
    you got me before i deleted the post!

my dev tracker i looked at must have bene lackign because i thought the PVP post was a new one today, but it was one from the 14th.

There are penalites

As the post talks about.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...16#edit3941716

"Secondly, one of the things we have already identified to fix is to reduce the minimum amount of medals a player must receive to gain any reward at all. Currently that value is three (3), and we are going to reduce that to only needing one (1) medal to gain rewards. This should make sure we cover that all important backfill player while still protecting against the freeloaders."

If you dont get 3 medals you get no rewards, this was to stave off AFKers, but they look like theyre changing it down to 1, so late commers can get rewards.

(im going from just the post btw ive not pvped since 1.2 i've been alting so im not sure on either)

I actually enjoy PVP a hell of a lot more in 1.2 than any patch before it. Healers can actually be killed now and give the other team an instant win just because they are there.

Medals are easy to get as any role , since almost everything you do can get you points. It is nice that they are lowering it to 1 medal, however I think until they put in a penalty for leaving early that people will always Afk / leave which is mostly apparent in huttball after the first score (I hate people that do that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    I personally have enough of the new pvp system in patch 1.2, and I have witness a lot of people on official forums telling that they will unsub, so I am wondering is this typical qq or just reasonble sentance since pvp is broken at the moment.

I personally liked patch 1.1.5. pvp since you didn't have to get all the medals to get max commendations, now I have to grind for 8 medals to get commendations.

Anyone have stop playing tor because of the new pvp or that is just the rant of few people on official website ?

Cheers,
    Its just the typical QQ. People complain but they still pay their subs and stick around. I know the PvP guilds on my server all complained in general chat but they're all still playing. I seem them all still PvPing. Its just the typical gamer rage.

Getting 3 medals as a low level healer is very difficult in Hutt Ball, the other ones it isnt as difficult. I started pvping about a week ago with my sith inquisitor healer. When you come in late to the game its impossible. But it is fun playing a healer, Ive never played one before. I usually only played solo, then my half-brother started playing and playing in a group in SWTOR is very fun. Before I just did my own thing.

I really enjoy the new warzone, and Im starting to like Alderan more and more as a healer, especially if people play as a team and defend the healer.

Unfortunately even though i top the healing chart as a 18 level healer I still never get any MVPs.
    Last edited by Capt Froggy; 2012-04-17 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    There would be a massively amount of sorcerers quitting as well according to forums, but I see them everywhere. I even have one myself as alt

And with 500 people queue on a monday evening I wouldn't mind if some people left, and if they left already they have already been replaced by more people especially since there were next to no queues before patch, same if some amount of sorcerers left.

I'm not 50 yet, but I played Rift and know about grindy pvp, I also enjoy pvp so I would pvp either way and the gear is just a bonus. If people dont really like pvp and just want gear for some reason, I know there's another game out there with similar amount of monthly subfee that pretty much hands out the gear with next to no effort... and that might be a more suitable game for them as well.

So, I dont understand what's the problem really?

I dont think that many people actually unsub, they threaten with it to get attention, thats how its done in MMOs.
    but actually quitting because of pvp stuff would be stupid, because that balance is permanently subject to change, especially in such a young game.

that being said, when the game launched and I played huttball for instance, and I played for win, I had maybe 2 or 3 medals, while other who were farming them had about 10.

and now, when I play a huttball for win, I have about 13 medals, usually in the top tier of players or even on the top.
    so in my opinion, the new medal system has ben vastly improved. mainly due to the several defender and attacker point medals, that was a very good idea and it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    most of the whine i see about pvp in 1.2 is from people playing previously OP classes like Vang/BH, Merc/Comm Healers and Sage/Sorc. yes theyve been nerfed to the the same levels as everyone else and are chafing. nerf and buff cycles are part and parcel of every MMO and really the "give me what i want now or ill unsub" needs to be ignored. it was ridiculously easy for those classes to max their medals before and the balances were needed. the only bit i dont like about the 1.2 pvp changes is that its now all or nothing, you get zero points for losing and if a games going badly people just leave. overall 1.2 was a great patch and people need to just stop whining.

Couple of things that made pvp unenjoyable for a lot of people

1. Everyone dies in a stun
    2. Losers get almost nothing, unless you're a dps spec'd tank class
    3. PVP gear scaling, from blue straight to battle master, no middle ground

Healers are frustrated because they can't keep anyone alive, unless there are 3 of them.

New people are getting global'd, because there's a gigantic expertise gap.

Losers are getting close to nothing, which widens the gap even further.

TLDR: 99% of the people who like the current patch are dps