Poll: What would you do if GW2 was scrapped?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably would be sad for a bit, and then wonder what happened to the resources put into the game, and then continue living life and playing video games.

Won't happen anyway.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I've been looking forward to this game since it was announced back in EotN.
    It's been pretty much the only game on my radar for the last few months.
    I see VERY few (personal) flaws in the game. (I understand some things may be flaws for others, they are not for me.)
    I'm still sane enough to.. not fall over dead if it doesn't come out.
    I ASSUMED other people would be to.
    I was joking

get over it

Deleted
    I'd ask them when we get GW: Utopia and chronomancers

But probably Guild Wars 1 as funnily enough I'm really enjoying it, and Diablo 3 when it's released. I'm just about through with subscription games to the point I decided not even to bother with TERA.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I was joking

get over it
    In case you weren't aware, you're not the only person who replied with a response of that nature.
    Such as "Stop playing games altogether"
    Really? One game that you have yet to play not releasing would make you completely give up on games? That's.. interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd let ANet keep my money as a thank you for keeping me excited and happy for the last year(s). And so that they had even more money to give it another go for a new MMO.

And then, like many others here it would seem, continue playing Tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    But it isnt going to happen though. Theres simply too much time and money been invested in this game, not to mention a huge cash injection just come in from the pre-purchase events. So I cant answer you, my brain doesnt work that way. You might as well have asked me what I would do if I found out Dracula really exists. He doesnt, so I dont know :P
    Stuff like this happens quite frequently in the industry. A court could put an injunction against the game for copyright issues, that become bogged down in the legal system and by the time it resolves 5 years later its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Remember what I said about this game being religion to some people?
    Certainly seems that way. I just view it as a game, a form of entertainment. If it isn't there then I find something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaerris View Post
    well for me it's going back to WoW or wait for another mmo
    Honestly, after thinking about it, I don't think I could ever go back to WoW. I played for a long time, and I had a lot of fun, but I can't help but just feel done with it now.

GW2 is the only MMO I have any remote interest in trying, so I'd probably just go back to exclusively single player stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    Stuff like this happens quite frequently in the industry. A court could put an injunction against the game for copyright issues, that become bogged down in the legal system and by the time it resolves 5 years later its too late.
    Yet Tera is being released despite the company behind it stealing hardware, software, and employees (can't 'steal' employees, I guess, but still) from NCsoft to get their company started.
    Oh legal system, you so confusing.

"It's on hold! For like, 8 years! So while it's on hold, we're just gonna.. release this game real quick.."

Deleted
    In case you weren't aware, you're not the only person who replied with a response of that nature.
    Really? One game that you have yet to play not releasing would make you completely give up on games? That's.. interesting.
    maybe they are just done with games

Weep that WoW clones will be all we get from the MMO making-companies for a half decade or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    IStop gaming altogether?
    This would seem to be the only appropriate and senseful reaction to the demise of the most anticipated, nothing less than completely revolutionary, life-changing, industry-redefining game of ALL TIME.

It's just GW2 dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    maybe they are just done with games
    I still enjoy games but I'm done with mmos for now (GW2 will be my last mmo for quite a while but I'll certainly enjoy other types of games).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    No idea, probably just play some more Tribes Ascend or something.

And of course demand my money back from my pre-purchase.
    This, and continue waiting for some games that are released soonish

People have different opinions on things in life. Thats pretty much the reason i created this thread/poll. Its okay though, nobody is wrong, just different.

Which mmo would yall play instead?

I would switch to consoles and play WoW when MoP hits for a couple months.

Would cry probably, this game is one of the only things I'm looking forward to at all right now.

Why can't I? I've basically already stopped playing games, and GW2 is the only thing on the horizon that I can see that I want to play. I never said I'd give up on games, but it's going to be so many years before another MMO I'm interested in comes out, because besides GW2 there's nothing. I'm not gonna keep playing games I'm not interested in just to keep playing games. If GW2 never came out and it was another 5 years before something else came out then you simply wouldn't see me hanging around on the internet til then, but by then my life could be in a different place and I might not even care anymore.

I don't care for consoles, and there hasn't been very many single player games I like lately either. I'm an MMO player, if there's no MMO I want to play then I'm not playing any games.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-16 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, play other games and forget about GW2. Plenty of other games coming out like GTA V - Mists of Pandaria - Diablo 3 etc no big deal.

Actually got back into San Andreas again, old game but the fun never dies.
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2012-04-16 at 05:27 PM.