Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    while you're at it you should update your mrrobot profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god that isn't updated yet!? I have NO idea what I have been doing to keep my mind away from these things -_- Gahh, I apologize!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    you better be sorry...

i kid

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    while you're at it you should update your mrrobot profile
    no point they don't have dread guard gear on the site apparently! Yet I'm able to update with the dread guard reflexing armorings...

10+ Year Old Account
    Whew... it took 2 days but I finally got through all 524 posts, lol (seriously though). This has been one of the most informative class/spec forums I've encountered. I've recently resubbed and I have had a ton of questions about playing my commando again. This forum has helped tremendously! I only wish I had thought about looking for mirror class guides before I wasted a bunch of daily comms on useless mods. Oh well, my own fault I guess. I just wanted to thank all of you for all the hard work and time you put into this, it's helped me a ton!!!

P.S. I'm at work so I can't look it up atm.. can someone tell me what the commando equivalent of TSO is? (I should know it but I can't think of it for the life of me). Thanks in advance. NM, I was able to find it, Reserve Powercell.
    Last edited by Boramir; 2012-12-04 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad we were all able to help, Boramir! I couldn't have done all of this without the help of some of our avid posters in this guide.

hey aerroh I found this last night and found it kind of amusing:P
    http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/boun.../talent-builds
    seems like this site is still stuck on the old model. 4% alacrity vs the potential 7% alacrity. Comes out to a 1.455s cast time vs a 1.395s cast time. Seems miniscule, but it really does add up on boss fights. Ends up being about 21 more APM(attacks per minute) for the entire fire assuming there is no movement. Why do the other sites seem to ignore the efficiency of 7% build?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because other sites are ran by people who don't strive to push crazy numbers in PvE. They all look the same because sites just copy one another without validating that what they're putting up is as efficient as possible.

Especially with current Nightmare content (16man), everyone needs to be pushing extreme numbers in order to get Kephess. We actually did the math today, and compared to 8man: 16man is a x2.66 increase compared to 8man with one less 'overall' DPS since 3 tanks are required for multi-taunts during shield phase (if you plan on actually getting through it).

Every raid member needs to be pushing ~1800 DPS overall in order to beat the enrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Because other sites are ran by people who don't strive to push crazy numbers in PvE. They all look the same because sites just copy one another without validating that what they're putting up is as efficient as possible.

Especially with current Nightmare content (16man), everyone needs to be pushing extreme numbers in order to get Kephess. We actually did the math today, and compared to 8man: 16man is a x2.66 increase compared to 8man with one less 'overall' DPS since 3 tanks are required for multi-taunts during shield phase (if you plan on actually getting through it).

Every raid member needs to be pushing ~1800 DPS overall in order to beat the enrage.
    go eat your wheatties! gotta get big n strong to beat dat mean old kephess like you did in story mode...and hard mode...and sm and hm tfb...and then once you kill him again in nightmare then you get to go back and kill him yet again in nightmare tfb!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    go eat your wheatties! gotta get big n strong to beat dat mean old kephess like you did in story mode...and hard mode...and sm and hm tfb...and then once you kill him again in nightmare then you get to go back and kill him yet again in nightmare tfb!
    We already did it on 8man nightmare for fun before a reset. It was a joke... I wasn't even on vent for it since I was on the phone and playing with one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    Dread guard relic of boundless ages... and Dread Guard relic of the Kinetic Tempest

So I've gotten these 2 guys now and I have to say the on use one is excellent and adds alot to my dps. The proc one though I'm not to sure about. Now keep in mind, I am far from BiS in anything really. I've got a few pieces of campaign and the rest rakata and blackhole. I've swapped out the proc relic for the matrix cube and I've noticed an increase in dps. My question then is is there a certain point at which the proc relic isn't BiS and the Matrix cube is better? Think more along the lines of if you don't have X amount of aim without the matrix cube the proc relic isn't worth it. Let me know what you think, the DPS difference on the parses so far speak for themselves in my case. I'm talking going from 16-1700 to high 14-1500.

Kryss

10+ Year Old Account
    The proc relic is RNG, so that in addition to human error will show ~100 difference in parses sometimes. However, the amount of aim you have will not affect the damage related to the Kinetic Tempest relic. If you are not constantly casting, the Kinetic Tempest loses its lead on the War Hero (or Warstalker) power relic.

That being said, the matrix cube should never be used if you have the Kinetic Tempest or the PvP power relics in your possession.

ok, I guess I need to go off an actual field test. My parses so far have been just from the ops dummy. I did pull close to 1900dps on the mini-boss in the end of torvix with the proc relic. Also, Aerro (Forsedar) what is your current layout? Your mr robot isn't updated i don't think.
    also, thanks for the help!
    kryss

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently full BiS. I have all 63 mods, armorings and enhancements. Depending on the fight I use the Kinetic Tempest + Dread Guard relic or the War Hero + Dread Guard relic.

Recently on Nightmare Kephess, I found it best to use the War Hero + Dread Guard since the constant power gain was better off than the random damage proc. Like I said, it all depends on how much movement you're doing or your current 'role' in the fights. If you're kiting lightnings on tanks, then a proc relic is probably not best for you, etc.

I am currently full BiS. I have all 63 mods, armorings and enhancements. Depending on the fight I use the Kinetic Tempest + Dread Guard relic or the War Hero + Dread Guard relic.

Recently on Nightmare Kephess, I found it best to use the War Hero + Dread Guard since the constant power gain was better off than the random damage proc. Like I said, it all depends on how much movement you're doing or your current 'role' in the fights. If you're kiting lightnings on tanks, then a proc relic is probably not best for you, etc.
    I gotta disagree with your choice of WH over proc. Even with a low efficiency proc on bossfights I have been seeing dramatically more dps than what 66 extra power from a WH relic provides. My lowest parses on bossfights with the proc come in at around 30 dps highest up to 65 just from the procs. 66 power only = 15.18. It also procs on aoe on multiple targets at the same time so apparently the 4.5s lockout is only applied per mob. Ive had DFA proc on all mobs at same time with it out and boy is that helpful on kephess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I gotta disagree with your choice of WH over proc. Even with a low efficiency proc on bossfights I have been seeing dramatically more dps than what 66 extra power from a WH relic provides. My lowest parses on bossfights with the proc come in at around 30 dps highest up to 65 just from the procs. 66 power only = 15.18. It also procs on aoe on multiple targets at the same time so apparently the 4.5s lockout is only applied per mob. Ive had DFA proc on all mobs at same time with it out and boy is that helpful on kephess.
    It actually works like that? I hadn't noticed. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

In the OP, you mention that Power adds .23 damage and Aim adds .20 damage per point. This damage that you speak of, is it DPS or just damage bonus? Just need a little clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its Bonus Damage, not DPS. Sorry for the confusion.

ah, thanks for the clarification there. helps with math stuff heh.

Oh god that isn't updated yet!? I have NO idea what I have been doing to keep my mind away from these things -_- Gahh, I apologize!
    *cough* * cough* ?!

that the BIS gear http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-7d493cb012f0 ?? - or does it need more crit?

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers