Page 30 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaswinger View Post
    So I have followed this fourm for a long time and it has been very helpful so thank you for that. I am only at about 2200 Aim buffed. and 30% Crit (unbuffed) 100%acc. and 74ish Surge. I am looking to upgrade my Mods and I see a lot of you guys have the Advanced Agile Mod 27 with the +44 power over the +72 Aim from the 27A would you still recommend going with the power over the extra Aim? for someone like my self that sill has a ways to go?
    Yes. You get more out of the Aim/Power mods than the straight Aim mods no matter what your gear level is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaswinger View Post
    So I have followed this fourm for a long time and it has been very helpful so thank you for that. I am only at about 2200 Aim buffed. and 30% Crit (unbuffed) 100%acc. and 74ish Surge. I am looking to upgrade my Mods and I see a lot of you guys have the Advanced Agile Mod 27 with the +44 power over the +72 Aim from the 27A would you still recommend going with the power over the extra Aim? for someone like my self that sill has a ways to go?
    1 power = 0.23 bonus damage
    1 aim = 0.2 bonus damage

Agile mod 27 has 56 aim and 44 power.

(56/100)*9 = 5.04 (this is the 9% bonus from skill tree)

so with the bonus, you get (56 + 5.04) = 61.04 aim and 44 power.

61.04*0.2 = 12.208
    44*0.23 = 10.12

Totalled, you get 22.328 bonus damage.

Agile mod 27A has 72 aim and 13 power.

(72/100)*9 = 6.48 (again, 9% bonus)

So with the bonus you get (72 + 6.48) = 78.48 aim and 13 power.

78.48*0.2 = 15.696
    13*0.23 = 2.99

Totalled, you get 18.686 bonus damage.

There you can very clearly see that The regular Agile Mod 27 is more beneficial. This is the same for all of them, down to whatever number agile mod you want. So as long as you have your crit where it should be, which you should, it's always better to go for the Agile Mod 27.

I hope this has helped you understand.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8d49dcc9; 2013-01-10 at 05:50 AM.

Even without all the number crunshing... just place one and then the other... you'll see that Agile mod 27 is better.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I did before I knew the math behind it was to just add up the total numbers between the two stats.. the 27a mod has 72 aim and 13 power... add those together and you get 85...

the regular 27's have 56aim and 44 power... add them together and you get 100...

Obviously this is adding apples to oranges which isn't correct.. but its not that far off. One stat gives a 1 to .23dmg ratio and the other is 1 to .20dmg ... PRETTY close. So you can always keep that in mind.. its an easy quick way to know which is better. Or just know that the normal straight mods are better than the affixed ones with the a's and b's... Either way.

Thanks for all the feedback.. The only reason I was thinking that was for the other bonuses from AIM because I thought it was better to get Crit up to 34-35% pre-buff. surge and Acc. both at soft caps.
    Oh also since I have all of you here I am slowly buying 27's to replace my Mods,Armor and Enhancments but it will take awhile since I dont get to run any Operations as of now, guild to small. So each one is around 1.2 Million so what should I swap out first??????
    I have bought the new barrels 27's
    Thanks again for your advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what you start swapping out first. Honestly I would switch pieces of loot that come from bosses you are unable to kill (or are later in the instance) such as chest piece, helm, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    It doesn't matter what you start swapping out first. Honestly I would switch pieces of loot that come from bosses you are unable to kill (or are later in the instance) such as chest piece, helm, etc.
    Oh good Idea so what is the hardest piece to get Helm, chest, boots. ect

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:33 AM ----------

Oh also this thread is AWESOME is there any other threads for the other classes this good I have an Sorccer and some others but have found nothing even close to this thread filled with great info.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for other threads like this, I'm not too sure if many remain. I know Noxxic has some class information but I don't know how up to date it is since the Merc section is out of date. Kind of why I made this a while back!

Also, the Helm is from Nightmare Kephess, so probably upgrade that first.

Deleted
    What bump in dps could i expect if i remplace rakata barrel by barrel 63 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makala View Post
    What bump in dps could i expect if i remplace rakata barrel by barrel 63 ?
    I can't provide you with a specific number, but lets just say that it will be highly noticeable. For our first HM TFB world clear, we distributed barrels to all the mercs in the raid (including myself) from crafting, and our DPS shot up ~250+

hey aerroh, could you provide some actual logs?! would like to look into some fights to evaluate potential improvements :P

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Hey Aerro! Big fan of this thread and your ideas. Been following it for months now. I noticed a guildie of yours, Trois, created a BiS for a Merc on Mr. Robot. Here is the link:

swtor. askmrrobot.com/character/ 2f56b75f-101b-4e12-8127-59f2c946d532

I like the cleanliness of all agile 27s, but how does this compare to your build? I also noticed he went for constant power here, with the pvp relics, as opposite to the on-use and DGKT relics. I know you discussed the pros and cons of these pages ago, but has anything changed? Also, the power boost of the on-use is nice for 10% burn downs, but I find it not as necessary if you have, say, bloodthirst going in the group.

Just curious what you think of that build. I'm 95% there, just need a few more armor mods.

j

Deleted
    I can't provide you with a specific number, but lets just say that it will be highly noticeable. For our first HM TFB world clear, we distributed barrels to all the mercs in the raid (including myself) from crafting, and our DPS shot up ~250+

Thanks, nice info anyway

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
    Hey Aerro! Big fan of this thread and your ideas. Been following it for months now. I noticed a guildie of yours, Trois, created a BiS for a Merc on Mr. Robot. Here is the link:

swtor. askmrrobot.com/character/ 2f56b75f-101b-4e12-8127-59f2c946d532

I like the cleanliness of all agile 27s, but how does this compare to your build? I also noticed he went for constant power here, with the pvp relics, as opposite to the on-use and DGKT relics. I know you discussed the pros and cons of these pages ago, but has anything changed? Also, the power boost of the on-use is nice for 10% burn downs, but I find it not as necessary if you have, say, bloodthirst going in the group.

Just curious what you think of that build. I'm 95% there, just need a few more armor mods.

j
    I may be not aerroh, but those DGRoBA and DGRotKT are still superior to the EWHRoBA single target!. But what puzzlöes me even more, is that this list has one mod over the accuracy cap. Following the link he shows 360, you only need around 289 -> so 300 rating. those 60 rating will have to went into surge!

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    I may be not aerroh, but those DGRoBA and DGRotKT are still superior to the EWHRoBA single target!. But what puzzlöes me even more, is that this list has one mod over the accuracy cap. Following the link he shows 360, you only need around 289 -> so 300 rating. those 60 rating will have to went into surge!
    You know, I thought that too, about the accuracy, but I left off a +60 acc (leaving me at 300 even) and my accuracy, buffed, was only 99.27%. I know i have all the datacrons, but not all my companions maxed out. When dealing with level 27 mods though, you can really go up or down by 60, so it was either be under, or over.

The 1% I gain from maxed companion would only net 3 additional accuracy points, so I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong. :/

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 10:29 AM ----------

You know, I thought that too, about the accuracy, but I left off a +60 acc (leaving me at 300 even) and my accuracy, buffed, was only 99.27%. I know i have all the datacrons, but not all my companions maxed out. When dealing with level 27 mods though, you can really go up or down by 60, so it was either be under, or over.

The 1% I gain from maxed companion would only net 3 additional accuracy points, so I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong. :/
    Wait wait hold the phone.... is the 1% bump from companions, 1% of your PERCENTAGE? If so, that would account for the 99.27% =/= 100.27% robot is showing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:14 PM ----------

Well, the more I research, the more I'm confused. haha

So, on the Robot profile, with 300 acc/300 surge, it says accuracy is at 100.27%. BUT, when I hover over the breakdown, it says 300acc is equal to 9.27%, with baseline acc at 90%, but both somehow add up to 100.27%! Yet, on my toon in-game, it actually registers at 99.27%.

Confused. Completely. haha

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes.. with the maxed out companion you gain 1% to your base accuracy.... Range base accuracy = 90% .. tech based accuracy = 100% .. so both go up by 1% when you max out your affection with that companion. Same goes for surge and crit as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    yes.. with the maxed out companion you gain 1% to your base accuracy.... Range base accuracy = 90% .. tech based accuracy = 100% .. so both go up by 1% when you max out your affection with that companion. Same goes for surge and crit as well
    Is that the 1% discrepancy I'm seeing on mrrobot as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Trois changed out his profile when everyone switched over to the On-Use, etc. My profile is vastly outdated and I can't necessarily speak for him but I do believe his is outdated as well. Both of us run generally the same gear set up.

I don't think Trois changed out his profile when everyone switched over to the On-Use, etc. My profile is vastly outdated and I can't necessarily speak for him but I do believe his is outdated as well. Both of us run generally the same gear set up.
    You're pretty close to that setup though, yeah? I think the only discrepancy is the relics, otherwise, its all 27 mods. I'm still unsure about the missing 1%, but I'm currently 4k affection away from maxing Skadge, so I'll know soon if that is the issue.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the 1% discrepancy I'm seeing on mrrobot as well?
    not sure because his profile on mrrobot has the maxed out companions. It used to not include the bonus from companions on mrrobot but they fixed that a while ago. If you dont have the companion maxed out for accuracy in game but you have it shown on your profile for mrrobot thats definitely where the 1% is that you're missing

I think once you get initiative 27's you can actually drop one for an Adept 27 for the extra surge. Because the 1% bonus from your companion pushes you over the edge so instead of being just under 75% surge and 1.27% over accuracy.. you can drop that 1 initiative mod for the 1 adept one. The question is though, is it better to go over 100% accuracy to lower boss defense and be just under surge cap.. or put accuracy right at 100% and be a bit over surge cap.. thats where I have the hardest time figuring out which to take.
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2013-01-15 at 07:21 PM.