Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    on styrak Ive been doing between 2200-2500 dps. its a lil RNG but Im usually within those numbers. If you are doing 16m you only need to be doing rakata grade dps.

Deleted
    Ok, mayby I will ask stupid question but... Aerro, in your BiS gear list there are like 4 or 5 Advanced INITIATIVE enhancements 31... I have been looking for those on every gear possible and cannot find any above 66 grade :/ Is there a mistake os is this enhancement some kind of super-rare? If so I would appreciate if you could tell where to find it (so far I am using proficient one but it lacks power :/)

those initiative are in the underworld offhand - use 2 token for the implant with power accuracy and 3 times the offhand to reach the 395 accuracy..
    until you have both token for implants you could also use the carfted ones with accuracy or the cheep 28 enhancements with 66 accuracy + 43 Power
    Last edited by Keren; 2013-05-09 at 08:01 PM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollirllan View Post
    Ok, mayby I will ask stupid question but... Aerro, in your BiS gear list there are like 4 or 5 Advanced INITIATIVE enhancements 31... I have been looking for those on every gear possible and cannot find any above 66 grade :/ Is there a mistake os is this enhancement some kind of super-rare? If so I would appreciate if you could tell where to find it (so far I am using proficient one but it lacks power :/)
    Also if your guild will let you have them .. you can pick up underworld leg token, or boot tokens and use them on other pieces (not merc pieces) Go to this link and you'll see where the initiative 31's come from http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/462...enhancement-31

The offhand is by far and away your best option as it has an itemized mod and enhancement (agile mod 31, initiative enhancement 31)

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
    It sounds like you're doing this on 8 man...we did progression on 8 man and the enrage is tight...16 man is a joke in comparison...8 man enrage = 8 min...16 man erage = about 11 min and the HP values of the targets vs the # of dps you have in group does not scale properly. for 8 man, you're dps need to average about 2200-2300 i think to not hit enrage. on 16 man it's about 1500 haha.

So with 8 man, it's hard to carry a low dps, you can carry 1 dps by having your healers chip in, throw some DoTs or whatever whenever possible...and have the tanks really maximizing dps output instead of the usual mindless rotations that tanks use just to hold threat etc.

As far as your personal dps goes...I think I would worry more about that when you're closer to BiS. Make sure your APMs are high (maybe compare your APMs with the parse I posted just to check. Although it may or may not be comparable....APMs and DPS in general is going to be lower on 16 Man since targets melt so much quicker) and yeah I would use vent heat standard on every cd, it helps for some bursts every 2 min, as long as you're confident with your heat management. But yeah, if you don't have the mainhand yet, that's at least 100 dps right there u don't have.

Just consider yourself lucky that you usually top your charts...I have to play with the world's best sniper and arguably some of the world's best mara's, I can beat them on some fights, but my days of topping the charts consistently ended a while ago lol. I've had to resort to being content with hitting top merc parses on torparse.
    Yep this is 8 man. This is also another reason why I like 8 mans better than 16. 16 seems way too easy. But even 8 man is pretty ridiculously easy as well. We cleared all the way to styrak on our first night in there =/. Makes me sad

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    those initiative are in the underworld offhand - use 2 token for the implant with power accuracy and 3 times the offhand to reach the 395 accuracy..
    until you have both token for implants you could also use the carfted ones with accuracy or the cheep 28 enhancements with 66 accuracy + 43 Power
    I've noticed that the UW acc/pow implants do not give as much main stat/power as the verpine medtec 2 implants that drop. Granted the medtech 2s don't give acc but they give more main stat more power and a nice amount of surge. I'm thinking it might be worth it to use 2 verpine medtech 2s and just use initiative enhancements in armor instead. I'm very under the weather right now to log in game and check out the combo it would take but I'll update when Im not puking my guts out while trying to hold them in through my slow healing surgical incisions.

Update: You do indeed get 13 more main stat from the verpine medtech mk2, but the power is way under. You end up losing 26 power so not worth it.
    Last edited by Requiem4aDr3am; 2013-05-09 at 09:49 PM.

Some people may find this useful for BiS gearing

Edit: and yeah those enhancements are a b*%&....just gotta farm UW Chest/Legs/Boots/MH/OH for your acc and surge enhances, along with the implants/ear.

Edit: replaced with new pic cuz of set bonus changes
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-06-04 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to update mine to show Implants. You brought up the Acc/Power implants to me after I already posted the BiS list prior. At least that will allow us to use power/surge enhancements so we don't have to spend time trying to get a bunch off legs or offhands.

Edit: Do you mind if I toss that up in the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I need to update mine to show Implants. You brought up the Acc/Power implants to me after I already posted the BiS list prior. At least that will allow us to use power/surge enhancements so we don't have to spend time trying to get a bunch off legs or offhands.

Edit: Do you mind if I toss that up in the OP?
    No, not at all, here's the link IMG http://i43.tinypic.com/33ku43l.jpg /IMG

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    ---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 04:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Yep this is 8 man. This is also another reason why I like 8 mans better than 16. 16 seems way too easy. But even 8 man is pretty ridiculously easy as well. We cleared all the way to styrak on our first night in there =/. Makes me sad
    Doood I hear ya...However, it is just HM...I don't want to judge life post 2.0 until I see some new nightmare modes, that will be the true test...if it's a cakewalk like it is now I'm gonna cry.

We started doing 16 mans cuz there was a little bit of demand in guild to try it out...now that we have, we're kinda over it...I hope it's not like this going forward cuz I've always liked starting with 8 mans...then moving into 16 mans for variety and challenge. The only advantage right now is from a gearing prospective, knocking out 16 toons in one raid is nice, but I'm ready to go back to 8 lol.
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-06-04 at 09:18 PM.

Odawgg I hope they do something amazing with the nightmare modes but I somehow doubt it after seeing nightmare ec. It seems like the only fight they really worked on adding new things to was kephess. Everything else was the same but with like 1 maybe 2 new features/mechanics. I hope they make a nightmare mode that is equally challenging in 8m and 16m this time. And I really wish they would overhaul operations system by making 16m raiding worthwhile. I wish 16m Hm/nightmare raiding would give better gear than what is available in 8m. There isn't much incentitive to do 16m raiding in this game still.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Odawgg I hope they do something amazing with the nightmare modes but I somehow doubt it after seeing nightmare ec. It seems like the only fight they really worked on adding new things to was kephess. Everything else was the same but with like 1 maybe 2 new features/mechanics. I hope they make a nightmare mode that is equally challenging in 8m and 16m this time. And I really wish they would overhaul operations system by making 16m raiding worthwhile. I wish 16m Hm/nightmare raiding would give better gear than what is available in 8m. There isn't much incentitive to do 16m raiding in this game still.
    I hope they will never do... Isn't it enough bonus that 16 seems to be easierer?

I hope they will never do... Isn't it enough bonus that 16 seems to be easierer?
    well if they would give more incentives to 16m raiding I would hope they would amp up the difficulty.

Yeah but at least Kephess was really really challenging. Toth/Zorn was the same, Storm/Fire was challenging even though the mechanics weren't much different....Minesweeper was a joke though. I actually think TFB NiM has potential, I've always thought that operation as a whole makes sure you have aware players in every role. Have you ever tried pugging TFB? that's a nightmare in itself haha. I'm not so sure about S&V though, just not impressed by this operation so far...at all. Haven't seen a more anticlimactic final boss since KP.

However, i have to disagree on 16 man offering better gear vs 8 man. Sure it would add incentive for 16 man, but would make 8 man rather irrelevant. Maybe just offer more commendations or something of that nature...maybe have some rare crystal/pet/vehicle exclusively for 16 man. I could support that.
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-05-11 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
    Yeah but at least Kephess was really really challenging. Toth/Zorn was the same, Storm/Fire was challenging even though the mechanics weren't much different....Minesweeper was a joke though. I actually think TFB NiM has potential, I've always thought that operation as a whole makes sure you have aware players in every role. Have you ever tried pugging TFB? that's a nightmare in itself haha. I'm not so sure about S&V though, just not impressed by this operation so far...at all. Haven't seen a more anticlimactic final boss since KP.

However, i have to disagree on 16 man offering better gear vs 8 man. Sure it would add incentive for 16 man, but would make 8 man rather irrelevant. Maybe just offer more commendations or something of that nature...maybe have some rare crystal/pet/vehicle exclusively for 16 man. I could support that.
    yeah I could get behind crystal/pet/vehicle idea. One encounter I am not looking forward to is nightmare operator...honestly its the only fight in TFB that offers the possibility of challenge and only in phase 1 with adds that stun. Not too worried about nightmare versions of the other fights which seems like they got way easier when they boosted them to lvl 55. I mean writhing horror is an absolute joke usually down him in 1 puddle...dread guards just a joke kill with 1 ciphas bubble phase...kephess many lols are had as we end up dpsing too fast and having to hold him for another jump stun pillar nannite removal. and Terror well I guess terror is okay anomalies have been irritating me as they keep spawning on exact opposite ends during terror fight and make me either risk a jump through tank platform or take the long way around and risk anomaly enrage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't start this argument, as this seems to change over content patches. 16man was much harder at one point and now its reversed. Clearly if they were to give 16man better gear, then it would remain harder.

Let's get back on course here...my bounty hunter is better than your bounty hunter so nyah nyah nyah:P j/k. Btw has anyone else noticed that during boss fights even if the boss is stationary that its been stacking electro net to full dmg ticks? I used to save my nets for adds but now with the ticks working on stationary targets for max dmg I'm thinking I should just use on CD. discuss!

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's get back on course here...my bounty hunter is better than your bounty hunter so nyah nyah nyah:P j/k. Btw has anyone else noticed that during boss fights even if the boss is stationary that its been stacking electro net to full dmg ticks? I used to save my nets for adds but now with the ticks working on stationary targets for max dmg I'm thinking I should just use on CD. discuss!
    I thought the use of Net on CD was already discussed as being more beneficial because it stacks regardless if the boss is moving or not. Dom, I think you're just late to the party on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I thought the use of Net on CD was already discussed as being more beneficial because it stacks regardless if the boss is moving or not. Dom, I think you're just late to the party on this one!
    I's ok Dom, some mercs bloom later than others

10+ Year Old Account
    Dom is too busy being awesome to remember things.

heh been missing a lil time due to health so yeah guess Im late:P

It doesn't matter which npc you hit with e-net, it will tick each time 20% stronger till the 6th tick, than has doubled damage value till the last tick.
    01st +0% damage
    02nd +20% damage
    03rd +40% damage
    04th +60% damage
    05th +80% damage
    06th +100% damage
    07th +100% damage
    08th +100% damage
    09th +100% damage
    10th +100% damage
    Only in pvp the function is as the comment states..

maybe dom didn't get it because there are 5 different threads to discuss Mercs?! Here, enjin-board with odawgg guide, mmo-mechanics with my sim and the official boards for mercs and troopers...