Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Just a quick note about the WH relics. I've switched from a power proc relic + matrix cube to two WH power relic that are augmented, and i've seen a huge up in my overall performance. I suggest you guys try that asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robotsdontcry View Post
    Just a quick note about the WH relics. I've switched from a power proc relic + matrix cube to two WH power relic that are augmented, and i've seen a huge up in my overall performance. I suggest you guys try that asap.
    I agree with this post, however, a lot of us don't have the time or patience to farm up 2 war hero relics (I am one of them). When I update my guide for 1.3, I will put a sidenote in their with this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I currently have full Aim augments. I run 2300 aim unbuffed with 1,013 bonus damage. I actually dropped about 4-5% crit in order to get up to 989 power.

Your math is also correct. Power yields a higher 'bonus damage', but that is only because our bonus damage doesn't calculate the crit we gain from Aim. Even though it isn't much at all, getting the crit from +18 augments (x14) is great considering we can then drop a crit mod from a weapon and pick up a power one instead.

My stats in 1.3 are as follows (unbuffed):

Aim: 2300
    Power: 989
    Accuracy: 100.32% / 110.32%
    Crit: 27.57%
    Surge: 72.64%

This should give me the highest potential DPS output considering the fact that Crit is no longer our crutch. We vent 8 heat no matter what we are doing, so that allowed me to stack about 300+ more power which increases our base damage SUBSTANTIALLY.

And the relic question...

I went and did the daily and bought the Battlemaster Relic. If you have the time, just do the daily. It doesn't take long if you win and will give you enough to pick up the relic assuming you get max comms per match.

If you were to grab the BM Relic, it is overall better than the Campaign Boundless Ages due to the consistent +103 power. With an augment in it, you are getting +18 Aim/+103 power from a relic, which is just insane.

Of course, you should also be using the new and improved matrix cube with an augment.
    Is your MrRobot profile up to date? Or is their website inaccurate? Looking at this post and comparing it to your MrRobot profile, most stats don't match up...would you mind clarifying here?

I know you're busy, and I'm not trying to imply you are lying or anything of the sort...I am just in the process of obsessing over where I can make changes in my mods and augments in order to achieve optimal stats, and I'm literally driving myself crazy trying to figure it all out. Your guide coupled with the MrRobot database is helpful, but I'm admittedly getting lost easily now that I'm down to just individual mods to swap and whatnot...

Quote Originally Posted by amsage View Post
    I know you're busy, and I'm not trying to imply you are lying or anything of the sort...I am just in the process of obsessing over where I can make changes in my mods and augments in order to achieve optimal stats, and I'm literally driving myself crazy trying to figure it all out. Your guide coupled with the MrRobot database is helpful, but I'm admittedly getting lost easily now that I'm down to just individual mods to swap and whatnot...
    Also, I have everything augmented (but I can't do that using Mr Robot since they're very restricting).

Mr Robot apparently doesn't support showing augments on everything so that probably is the difference in stats you are see'ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr Robot does not show exact stats. That is why I use it only to show what gear I am currently using. It says I have quite a bit more Accuracy than I really do. Those stats I posted earlier were all Unbuffed and were taken directly from my Profile in-game. I can post a screenshot to show you.

If you want to see my gear setup, you can hop on my server and I am willing to show you as well.

What is your build now with the changes to Advanced Targeting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklight522 View Post
    What is your build now with the changes to Advanced Targeting?
    http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...e2f2e3f10ecf6:

That is my new build.

Mr Robot does not show exact stats. That is why I use it only to show what gear I am currently using. It says I have quite a bit more Accuracy than I really do. Those stats I posted earlier were all Unbuffed and were taken directly from my Profile in-game. I can post a screenshot to show you.

If you want to see my gear setup, you can hop on my server and I am willing to show you as well.
    Could you post a screen shot?
    Doing some quick and probably wrong math 2300 unbuffed (that means without stims as well) seems impossible..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swtorplayerasdf View Post
    Could you post a screen shot?
    Doing some quick and probably wrong math 2300 unbuffed (that means without stims as well) seems impossible..
    Oh I had my Rakata stim on, not my Exotech stim (which is superior).

My Rakata stim is ALWAYS on when I'm not raiding so I consider it unbuffed to me.

Oh I had my Rakata stim on, not my Exotech stim (which is superior).

My Rakata stim is ALWAYS on when I'm not raiding so I consider it unbuffed to me.
    Ahh ok that explains it then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swtorplayerasdf View Post
    Ahh ok that explains it then
    My apologies for the confusion!

Mr Robot does not show exact stats.
    What is Mr Robot and where do I find him to check out how I am doing?
    Any news on your 1.3 guide yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damates View Post
    What is Mr Robot and where do I find him to check out how I am doing?
    Any news on your 1.3 guide yet?
    Mr Robot is just something I use to show what my current gear setup is. It allows me to save a gear profile.

Also my 1.3 guide is coming soon. Right now I just got back from vacation so I'm catching up on some work in the real world.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey forsedar (aerroh) Do you know of anyone that is able to craft the advanced reflex armoring 25(61aim,44end) or 26 (68aim, 49end) ??? I am desperately looking for these armorings for my belt/bracers since all the armorings from gear are conditional for that particular slot.. ie: chest armoring can only be put in chest pieces.. gloves in gloves ..etc..

I'm dyin here waiting to use my mod belt/bracer but i cant because campaign is better... meanwhile im sitting on a mountain of +power on those two slots..

*edit*
    Also, btw... mr Robot updated to where every piece is listed with an augment slot

*edit #2*

You probably covered this already earlier in the thread.. but with the change to advanced targeting going from an accuracy boost to rail shot and unload ignoring 10,20,30% of the targets armor.. wouldn't it be a bigger dps gain to put 3/3 in advanced targeting and not picking up critical reaction?

Also for those of you using Mr Robot .. they have updated items but for our spec in Mr robot it is still calculating advanced targeting as a +accuracy talent even though the tooltip is listed correctly... So if your character sheet accuracy doesnt line up with your mrRobot character list its probably off by a factor of 1,2, or 3%
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-06-29 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    Aerroh I need your light please

I would like know where i'm wrong.

this is my stats unbuffed : 2252 aim 29,80 % critic 73,60 % surge 809 power 99,88 % accurancy I put any point in critical reaction but 2 points in alacrity (for continual 4% alacrity) and 3 points in advanced targeting (30% penetration) I make about 1.500 dps on target dummy operation in a 6 min duration but When i'm full raid buffed.

My typical rotation is TM TM TM HS (always with 5 stacks) RS. I hit unload as soon as i proc barrage in any time and hit RS always with 5 stack and as soon as it available. I never overheating.

I don't understand how you can parse so much so i ask me where is my mistake.

great thanks for all you very nice info

P.S. sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by mmoc1aaadb8bfd; 2012-06-29 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Sysyx

About the 3/3 30% Rail Shot/Unload talent: It can go both ways. The reasoning behind it is, we are still unsure what the boss armor currently is, and if it fluctuates on a per boss basis. That being said, if a boss has 10,000 armor then the additional 30% ArP would be greatly beneficial. If the boss has ~5000 armor, then that additional 30% won't be worth it.

ALSO, I think this is a current bug (at least I hope so) because I doubt this is how its supposed to be.

With HVGC and the Tracer Missile debuff, the 3 ArP combine MULTIPLICATIVE.

"Advanced Targeting ADDS to High Velocity Gas Cylinder, and together they MULTIPLY with Heat Signatures. All up the targets armor is reduced to 28%."

This was taken directly from Acnoj, who was kind enough to spend the time testing this in 1.3. His work in this area has always met my high expectations, so do not overlook that quote.

Also, I do not know of anyone who can craft the 61 Reflex armoring. If I do, I will let ya know!

@Makala

Those stats aren't all that bad. Right now I do not use points in the Advanced Targeting (except for 1 point I have left over). Just a few questions:

Are you using the Battlemaster or War Hero relic? If not, I suggest grabbing at least one of them. It gives a consistent +Power and overall is better than Campaign.

Your rotation is definitely correct. However, I know you can easily break 1500 DPS with raid buffs on a Target Dummy with those stats. That being said, make sure you are actually doing that rotation as specified.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes this is what I was noticing about the 30% rail shot/unload talent also.. Doing hm kephess last night I was seeing some really really high values for unload ticks.. upwards of 4200-4400 dmg per tick on crits. But that it fluctuated a lot. As I drop crit for more power I cant tell if I'm gaining or losing dps. But I most def trust your judgement.. I'm wondering if it is a bug also.. seems kind of overkill on the armor penetration for arsenal mercs.. and judging by BW's oversight (or maybe not oversight) on the 1.3 augment everything under the sun idea.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mistake and it gets hotfixed sometime soon.

Hey guys,

I'm new to this thread and MMO's in general. I've been playing SWTOR for a few months now and have a Rakata geared Merc. I have tried to get help from people on my server, but everyone gives different advise. Also, I'm sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere... I've been told that since Aim is our main stat, you should always take a + in Aim over anything else. Unfortunately the (61) mods have a lower Aim than the (58) mods. For example, the Advanced Agile Mod 26 has an Aim of 53, but the lower level Advanced Nimble Mod has an Aim of 61. Not only that, but the Endurance for the (58) mod is higher than the (61) mod. The only advantage the (61) has is it's power is 30 points greater. So I mean, is it worth it to loose 8 Aim and 5 Endurance to gain 30 Power (or crit for that matter)? If so, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is DEFINITELY worth it. Right now, we just ignore endurance. Its a nice stat to have for survival, but with minimal endurance on everything- I am sitting above 21k health.

Just for the sake of discussion:

1 Aim = .20 bonus damage
    1 Power = .23 bonus damage.

Power has a .03 more bonus damage per point than Aim does, however, Aim also gives crit.

Now I am sure you can answer your own question. You want to stack Aim whenever you can, but you also have to look at the benefits of other stats in the same mod/enhancement. Giving up 8 Aim for 30 Power is a GIANT increase. If you're trying to hit some crit soft caps, grabbing +Crit instead of +8 Aim is 100% viable as well.

Ah, okay. That makes sense and help enormously. Thank you