Page 22 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    New potential for the BiS list, swapping out a Reflex Augment for Critical Augment and swapping out Nimble Mod 27A for Agile Mod. Seems to net 2 extra damage while keeping the 29.99% crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    This was when he takes increased damage? How much are your "normal" unload ticks?
    Well, since everything happens so fast, I just see 4200s. So I guess cutting that in half means individual ticks are ~2100 and the overall damage is ~8500?

It would be easier if I just put it on torparse but I'm lazy right now and want to eat my cereal.

Aerroh, what's your research and findings on crit? Rather, the cap of it. So far, you seem to state that it is % based as opposed to rating. How gentle is this cap/curve that we are looking at? I am having a debate right now on whether it is worth slotting in another Crit mod even though it pushes me past the 30% when I can get on the very edge of it and raise aim at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, sorry if my language was a bit hard to interpret. I base everything off of rating, I just throw in percents to make viewing easier. The curve is pretty lenient up until about 45%-47% it looks like, but that doesn't mean we're going to go above 35%. Its still preferable to be ~35% due to the 2pc, so your setup seems to be more efficient.

Well, let me give you the argument so far:
    Looking at my BiS for 1.4 so far, I have that single Nimble 27A in there. It gives 72 aim, 13 crit and high endurance which we don't care about. You can see where it leaves you at unbuffed: 29.99% crit, 972.0 - 1225 damage, 2217.1 Aim. The debate is whether the extra boost in Aim is worth the high endurance, as the other party believes that it is worth going into the diminishing returns over soft cap since he believes all high endurance mods to be bad for dps. Plugging in the numbers, having that extra Nimble 27 mod brings the stats to: 30.94% crit, 968-1221.5 damage and 2199.6 Aim. That is a 3.5 drop in damage, 3.9 drop when full buffed for .95% crit over the 30% crit mark.

This essentially revolves all around how harsh the crit curve is after diminishing returns; is it worth the drop in damage/aim when you straddle the 30% mark?

His crit cap argument: "The "soft cap" people have picked is not a cap at all, critical diminishing returns is on a pretty gentle curve. 250 rating or so is a good number as power (which you usually trade for to get crit) does become better very quickly. But do not be afraid of going over by a bit. "Soft caps" are a misconception, in the case of most classes 250 is more like a minimum amount."
    Last edited by arahakust; 2012-09-27 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, I don't really like that argument at all. Where is it coming from?

Edit: I'm still trying to wrap my head around what I'm reading. I don't know if I'm overtired or if it just doesn't seem logical to me.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-09-27 at 09:17 PM.

Dunno where his argument is from, haven't received a reply yet.

Argument is essentially over the worth of crit over the 30% mark and whether to go past "soft cap" or not. His argument essentially being high endurance mods are bad and should never be used while mine is that it can be used, just in this very small situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arahakust View Post
    Dunno where his argument is from, haven't received a reply yet.

Argument is essentially over the worth of crit over the 30% mark and whether to go past "soft cap" or not. His argument essentially being high endurance mods are bad and should never be used while mine is that it can be used, just in this very small situation.
    Well yours isn't so much as 'high endurance' but optimizing the use of stats. So dropping a secondary stat on a mod while picking up your main stat- then replacing the secondary stat as an augment thus yielding more mainstat and secondary stat makes more sense.

Reply: "Its a curve 235 rating in game gives you 8.95% for an average of 26.25 rating per % and 404 gives you 13.63 for an average of 29.53 rating per %. that is only 11% worse at an amount well past the point that power is better then crit. If you could trade anything other then power for Crit you would it is still a very powerful stat.

I have used https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...HMFdRUUE#gid=0 a lot in the past.

and you can find graphs everywhere that show the curves. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eRLJxfpNvv...at_Scaling.PNG
    They have not changed since the surge nerf back in like 1.1.3. IF you insist on plotting yourself. http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364.html

For 31 crit to be equal to 19 primary it would need to be 63% of the strength of primary. This only occurs around 400 crit rating for a marauder assuming you are in and around 75% crit multiplier."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I have seen that post somewhere before.. either way both of our setups seem to be optimal (assuming minor changes are made).

From a min-max view point, you're saying it would be more beneficial to go over 30% crit from the nimble mod as opposed to squeezing out a little more aim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arahakust View Post
    From a min-max view point, you're saying it would be more beneficial to go over 30% crit from the nimble mod as opposed to squeezing out a little more aim?
    Oh no no no, I was saying that it would be more beneficial to grab the more aim and stay at 29.99% unbuffed.

(my personal opinion)

what are your dps juggers pulling, starting to gear up my guardian and can pull 1300-1400 in mostly columni gear atm just wondering what they do in BiS gear as i prefer playing that atm compared to my Sorc, PT or Op.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you enjoy your Jugg, stick with that! I am not here to advise which class those should play- but Juggs do pull some pretty intense DPS.

Question, So should I stay with the 41 power vs 72 aim mod until I can switch to the high power verison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by balt- View Post
    Question, So should I stay with the 41 power vs 72 aim mod until I can switch to the high power verison?
    It depends on how your other stats are allocated.

Can you give me a list of your current stat numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    It depends on how your other stats are allocated.

Can you give me a list of your current stat numbers?
    with 72 aim mod in

Aim 2350
    Power 1004
    Crit 194
    Acc 99.97
    Last edited by balt-; 2012-09-29 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say stick with the 72 aim mod for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I would say stick with the 72 aim mod for now.
    I just want to double check since I did find your set up on askmrrobot...are you going 7 31 3 or 6 31 4 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently 7/31/3 for now.

Just updated my barrels and mods so my weapons are 150 rating now... 4k tracer missiles. I'm loving this.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-10-04 at 04:51 AM.