Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new on-use power relic provides 135.7 consistent power (math wise) if it is used on EVERY cooldown. It loses its 'superiority' if its forgotten about or if you are waiting on using it.

I've gotten used to using the on use again, but did a test tonight in nightmare EC with the proc relic. Mixed results...the math comes out to more dmg than 66 power gives but it also has some odd procs. usually it hits normal for 218 and crits 385-443 on bosses, but man I was getting weird procs about 5% of the time that only did 50,100,or 150. Also of note...the proc relics still do dmg to shields on tank fight so absolutely do not use them for that fight. I still just do not feel right about using the proc relic over WH. the dps Im getting per boss fight is all over the place. It varied from 16 dps to 30 dps...66 power = 15.18 dmg. I have a feeling though the power gain would benefit crits with crit multiplier involved though to make up for the difference. Something about this proc relic just doesn't feel right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I will be using the proc relic any time soon. The "gain" seems to be completely RNG and would much rather have a static 113 power at all times instead of something that relies on a proc that relies on a crit that relies on the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I've gotten used to using the on use again, but did a test tonight in nightmare EC with the proc relic. Mixed results...the math comes out to more dmg than 66 power gives but it also has some odd procs. usually it hits normal for 218 and crits 385-443 on bosses, but man I was getting weird procs about 5% of the time that only did 50,100,or 150. Also of note...the proc relics still do dmg to shields on tank fight so absolutely do not use them for that fight. I still just do not feel right about using the proc relic over WH. the dps Im getting per boss fight is all over the place. It varied from 16 dps to 30 dps...66 power = 15.18 dmg. I have a feeling though the power gain would benefit crits with crit multiplier involved though to make up for the difference. Something about this proc relic just doesn't feel right.
    If you are referring to my post on the swtor forums where I was suspecting that, I was wrong, someone else must have hit the shields when I was using the proc relic during those runs.

Yes the proc does proc on the shield but it hits for 0 dmg.

Cleared EC NiM 8m 3/4 last night using Proc (elemental) + 1WH

Proc did:
    35.48dps out of 1615 on SC/FB 20.34% crit
    32.25dps out of 1375 on Minefield 28.08% crit

Dmg range was from 210 to 370 with anomalies of 10 and 425 due to hitting tanks from inside a shield and hitting a mob while warrior buffed.

Same issue bugs me as before with these proc relics, the crit rate is totally oblivious to my own crit rate (39% ranged 46% tech) and only uses my crit multiplier (1.76).
    Last edited by mmoc0b7b4f489a; 2012-11-20 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
    If you are referring to my post on the swtor forums where I was suspecting that, I was wrong, someone else must have hit the shields when I was using the proc relic during those runs.

Yes the proc does proc on the shield but it hits for 0 dmg.

Cleared EC NiM 8m 3/4 last night using Proc (elemental) + 1WH

Proc did:
    35.48dps out of 1615 on SC/FB 20.34% crit
    32.25dps out of 1375 on Minefield 28.08% crit

Dmg range was from 210 to 370 with anomalies of 10 and 425 due to hitting tanks from inside a shield and hitting a mob while warrior buffed.

Same issue bugs me as before with these proc relics, the crit rate is totally oblivious to my own crit rate (39% ranged 46% tech) and only uses my crit multiplier (1.76).
    normal standard hit 210
    normal standard crit 370 [210*1.76]
    normal standard crit with warrior 425 [210*1,76*1,15]

for the Crit rate I cant speak, but I would be very interested in it to therorycraft this further!

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

yeah went back and doubled checked my parse. Apparently I read the mortar volley dmg as the grav wave dmg the first time, apologies. Guess I should have kept it on when I finished it up last night with guild. I switched back to my WH relic for most of the night instead so I guess I gimped my dmg:P Btw anyone else think its funny that the tank mount drops off other bosses? our first night in from T and Z guild got a tank mount. But no mount dropped from the tanks or the other bosses:P

Deleted
    Something you might look at...

Try using default attack on ships dummy for a few mins. The relic can do about 60dps.

I got suspicious and checked it when I saw an Assassin parsing for 45dps with an internal relic and triggering about once per 5.5s not far off the 4.5 limit.

If you are doing a lot of hits, not just high APM, a lot of hits (moar rapid shots), you can get close enough to its proc limit to make it really work for you.

Got proc rate to 4.7s with rapid shots doing about 4.5 hits per second.

In a real parse it's much lower at 35dps but it means if we have to use default attack a lot it does more damage.
    Last edited by mmoc0b7b4f489a; 2012-11-21 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
    Something you might look at...

Try using default attack on ships dummy for a few mins. The relic can do about 60dps.

I got suspicious and checked it when I saw an Assassin parsing for 45dps with an internal relic and triggering about once per 5.5s not far off the 4.5 limit.

If you are doing a lot of hits, not just high APM, a lot of hits (moar rapid shots), you can get close enough to its proc limit to make it really work for you.

Got proc rate to 4.7s with rapid shots doing about 4.5 hits per second.
    can you upload the parse or tell us somehing more about the crit chances you encounter?
    Last edited by Keren; 2012-11-21 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    A hilarious 19% crit.

I'm telling you it has its own crit rate and it doesn't give a dam about yours. The only bit from you it cares about is your crit multi.

AND it's amazingly streaky at that, I remember testing proc relics on long parses when Rakata was the thing to see if it evens out over say 20m or so. I could still get significant differences between parses.

I asked CS once and they told me to basically naff off and they don't talk about game mechanics.

I'm not fussed about hiding my day to day parses, here ya go: http://www.torparse.com/a/53140
    Last edited by mmoc0b7b4f489a; 2012-11-21 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never ask CS for help. That is why I REALLY miss Stephen Reid. He was awesome in that aspect. Him and I exchanged a lot of PMs through the forums back in the day whenever certain numbers were put in question. I hope another BW employee steps up and helps out the community as much as Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Never ask CS for help. That is why I REALLY miss Stephen Reid. He was awesome in that aspect. Him and I exchanged a lot of PMs through the forums back in the day whenever certain numbers were put in question. I hope another BW employee steps up and helps out the community as much as Reid.
    I heard there are plenty on the PTS that are willing to walk you through everything:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I heard there are plenty on the PTS that are willing to walk you through everything:P
    I see what you did there

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    any one make any conclusions on what relics to use right now? I imagine when the new pvp relics come out they'll trump the pve relics.. unless they bump the expertise and lower the power... I read something somewhere that they didnt want pvp relics to be better than pve relics for pve. Just wasn't sure what was up.. been away for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    any one make any conclusions on what relics to use right now? I imagine when the new pvp relics come out they'll trump the pve relics.. unless they bump the expertise and lower the power... I read something somewhere that they didnt want pvp relics to be better than pve relics for pve. Just wasn't sure what was up.. been away for a bit
    I've concluded that the kinetic proc relic and the on use power relic are BIS. the kinetic on avg is doing more dps than what 66 power from using the WH relic would by about double. Also the new relics are crap they are 120 power gain and the dmg produced by the kinetic is still more than the 73 power gain from using EWH relic. Also the power relic is like 135 power if used on CD so still better.

The use of the kinetic procc relic over the internal / elemental is basically the right decision. Because of the 20% debuff and the 35% from the cylinder (they dont stack additiv!) the actual armor redutkion will be 48% and the kinteoc procc will do around ~219 dmg and outweights the 210 of the elemental/internal!

So I'm confused, what are the names of the actual relics that are current BiS?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dread guard relic of boundless ages... and Dread Guard relic of the Kinetic Tempest

http://www.torhead.com/item/5Rfs6kD/...boundless-ages
    http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/406...inetic-tempest

Thank you Sysyx! not anywhere near my main computer and those links saved me a lot of time!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    youre welcome.. those are bought by daily comms.. i believe people are able to make the same relics but they carry the tag of "warstalker" ... so instead of dread guard they are Warstalker.. should be the same stats

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I slacked off a bit and with NiM EC currently that new progression content, I figured I would update this guide for 1.5 and put the NEW BiS gear list in the OP.

Bear with me because its 3:43AM and I want to go to sleep, but alas I'll just copy and paste the loot list once again where the old set *used* to be (I deleted it).