Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you for that info...sounds about what i figured the SA being a lazy mans version of BA. Good to know they are producing similar simmed results. Gonna definitely still test it live for myself! I hate waiting though If everything you've said proves true when i test it live, I'm going to lean toward the BA for the sake of control.
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-04-30 at 09:53 AM.

Thank you oddawag, I believe that's the case. I trust more to simulator, as parses can have a lot of difference due to this RNG factors. So I decided to go with 2 + 2 set bonus on our last night's raid, it was looking good. Especialy that I replace lvl 69 armorings with lvl 63, as I only have 1 lvl 72 armoring with set bonus atm, so the loss of main stat is lower.

Aboout SA relics, I only have Partisan and Conqueror and I can confirm too that they proc at the same time. My boyfriend Frenchy got Arkanian SA relic the other day (he is Lethality Sniper) and he tested it with PvP relic. Thing is that if PvP relic proc first, PvE won't proc for the next 20 sec. Conclusion is when PvP relic proc it triggers internal cooldown of PvE SA relic, as it says on the tooltip of PvE relics that they share limit with similar effects. PvP relics don't have this in description and they are on separate cooldown from everything else. I believe that is why you can sometimes see that you have 2 buffs from SA relics, probably is the case of PvE relic procing first, after that PvP procs in short time.

He tested PvE SA relic in combination with Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, and they are on separate cooldown, i.e. they don't interfere with eachother. Times between procs are consistant with what they would be if used separately, as other players confirmed in this thread too.

As Keren says we don't have to worry about 2 SA relics, Cerulean Nova seems to be our first choice. Then between SA and BA, if they have same weight, I prefer BA. I don't mind pressing extra button and I feel more in control when I want to use it, to line it up with Bloodthirst or Vent Heat or with some boss mechanics. I wouldn't mind having both though to swap them around as needed.

Regarding the Relic of Serendititous Assualt: The relic has separate procs and cooldowns for heals and damage. So you can get a proc from heal and then get a proc from damage without having to wait the 20 seconds of cooldown. Perhaps this is what you are seeing? This may make it a great relic depending on your class and role. Healer can for example cast a DoT on the boss while continue to heal so he can get double procs. Marauders and sentinels with the self healing spec can also get double proc. If you get a damage proc first and then get a heal proc before the buff ends then the buff duration will be renewed, you do not get two buffs that stack. I tested this myself on my sage.

Note that I haven't tested using a PVP and PVE relic of SA at the same time so it may be that they too have different procs and cooldowns.

And Bioware may of course change the relic behavior in a future patch so it won't double proc from heals and damage.

I noticed this myself, but I don't think merc can benefit a lot from this. Sure I throw in Kolto Missile once in a while in fight, but Annihilation Marauder or Sniper speced in Vital Regulators can consider this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the UW SA relic stacks with the other SA relics. I'm not sure if it was already clarified in the past couple posts- but they do stack.

hey aerro, the skill picture you have on there is different than what is at the bis link. which do you guys think is best? the 5/5 version or the 6/4 version?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krysskallins View Post
    hey aerro, the skill picture you have on there is different than what is at the bis link. which do you guys think is best? the 5/5 version or the 6/4 version?
    Hmm? I didn't quite understand your question. If you're talking about the spec, then yes the BiS list is different AND the correct one.

my bad. what i meant to say is the talent chart you have differs than what is on the bis link on the front page. the one on the chart lists the 5/36/5, the one on the bis link is the 6/36/4. Which is the best. (i'm leaning more towards the 6/36/4)

10+ Year Old Account
    The BiS link is correct. I misclicked when putting it into the online formatting and felt too lazy to change it at the moment. I probably should get to that lol.

hahaha. awesome. good then i've been using the right talent makeup. now i need to just get more gear. still mostly 63's....

Hi, I've been out of the game for some weeks and I just read your updated guide. I've got a question regarding....

At this point, I am sure you're wondering why these 'soft' caps are what they are. I have been questioned a lot about my stance on crit, but it is very justifiable through many parses as well as spread sheets. I can give a very thorough explanation on why these caps are where they are at so continue reading if you are interested.
    What exactly happened to crit? I'm kinda trying to figure out the "best" caps to go for (for 12 chars.....) and I was wondering why Arsenal Mercs don't benefit from it and if this is valid for other classes/ specs as well.

Thanks

Psychlon this will help you understand the game states better:
    i.imgur.com/d1Gsz48.png

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Hi, I've been out of the game for some weeks and I just read your updated guide. I've got a question regarding....

What exactly happened to crit? I'm kinda trying to figure out the "best" caps to go for (for 12 chars.....) and I was wondering why Arsenal Mercs don't benefit from it and if this is valid for other classes/ specs as well.

Thanks
    Crit is not a stat you want for any dps class. The diminishing return is so high for crit that modding and enhancing for crit will sacrifice so much from other stats that boost your overall dmg (power, accuracy, surge) that your dps will drop drastically. Even modding or enhancing for crit a little bit is not worth it because the DR is so high a little crit will net you maybe 1-2%... there is little difference between a 21% chance to crit and a 22-23% chance to crit.

As we are right now in the game we will want to mod and enhance strictly for accuracy,power, and surge. This goes for every class.. Hit your accuracy cap first.. you can do this with about 5-6 proficient/initiative enhancements and use the rest for adept. The best stats to go for are to be slightly below 100% so you can get an extra adept enhancement though. So around 99.5-100% is where you want your accuracy to be.

Accuracy, power, and surge. Stay away from Crit. This is bound to change as the item levels on gear increases, so will the stats. But as it stands right now with best in slot underworld gear.. crit is a stat we want to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit actually simmed as a slight 'burstier' DPS, but Power yields the best average DPS.

crit is only good for lethality snipers for their energy regen even then you dont want to sacrifice too much power for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    Crit is not a stat you want for any dps class. The diminishing return is so high for crit that modding and enhancing for crit will sacrifice so much from other stats that boost your overall dmg (power, accuracy, surge) that your dps will drop drastically. Even modding or enhancing for crit a little bit is not worth it because the DR is so high a little crit will net you maybe 1-2%... there is little difference between a 21% chance to crit and a 22-23% chance to crit.

As we are right now in the game we will want to mod and enhance strictly for accuracy,power, and surge. This goes for every class.. Hit your accuracy cap first.. you can do this with about 5-6 proficient/initiative enhancements and use the rest for adept. The best stats to go for are to be slightly below 100% so you can get an extra adept enhancement though. So around 99.5-100% is where you want your accuracy to be.

Accuracy, power, and surge. Stay away from Crit. This is bound to change as the item levels on gear increases, so will the stats. But as it stands right now with best in slot underworld gear.. crit is a stat we want to avoid.
    Thanks for the breakdown... does this stand true for healer chars as well? (except they don't need accuracy?!)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No not really. Actually I know that some healers are modding for crit here and there. Mostly because the ratio for healing power from 1 point of power is 1 power= .14 healing power.

I believe the breakdown for healers is 14%*Willpower + 17%*(ForcePower + Power) = Healing power.

So for healers the difference between stacking the mainstat over power mods is a bit smaller than it is for dps. Granted its already a very slight and small difference for dps.. its even smaller for healers. They don't get as much from power as dps do. That being said I know a few healers going for aptitude 30A's and mettle 30A's because it has a higher mainstat value to it for the slight crit boost. Also they tend to be going for Insight enhancements (crit/alacrity), and Battle enhancements (crit/surge) I have heard a few healers in my guild leaning more on crit and I honestly dont know if its a good way to go or not. I'm still wrapping my head around dps stat breakdowns But I hope the math helps a little bit.

Also keep in mind this was for sages/inquisitors. Mercs and ops may be a bit different. And instead of accuracy they're lookin at alacrity.
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2013-05-04 at 02:33 PM.

who cares about heals we are talking dps here! now when I say draw...draw....DRAW!

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    who cares about heals we are talking dps here! now when I say draw...draw....DRAW!
    I'm really sorry to have brought heals into this thread..... I consider myself trapped in carbonite for 2 rounds.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol..... thanks dominion