Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I may still stay with SA CN, but who knows. I haven't received my second relic yet so time will tell!

so just spit-ballin' here, was talking about it with a guildie...don't know why i didn't think about it before....but since we at 99.5% acc with 395 acc rating, using 1 accuracy augment seems like a good choice. losing 32 mainstat is like 8 bonus damage (about 9 if you factor in crit/surge)....and we gain .4% accuracy (99.91% acc) which let's say u do 2800 dps, that's about 11 dps...talking peanuts here, but I dunno about u guys, when i see misses (no matter how rare they are) I cry. Actually it's more like I curse to high hell, and then I cry

Quote Originally Posted by odawgg View Post
    so just spit-ballin' here, was talking about it with a guildie...don't know why i didn't think about it before....but since we at 99.5% acc with 395 acc rating, using 1 accuracy augment seems like a good choice. losing 32 mainstat is like 8 bonus damage (about 9 if you factor in crit/surge)....and we gain .4% accuracy (99.91% acc) which let's say u do 2800 dps, that's about 11 dps...talking peanuts here, but I dunno about u guys, when i see misses (no matter how rare they are) I cry. Actually it's more like I curse to high hell, and then I cry
    shrug I rarely miss with it...on a sidenote if you were a teenaged asian schoolgirl I could turn those tears into money for you:P

new Sim Version 2.0.9:

reworked Death from Above implementation (from 3 times double damage to 6 times normal damage)
    Opener queue was no longer done , found the missing part - fixed!
    Alacrity Bonus from Talents "Critical Reaction" and "Improved Vent Heat" didn't correctly influenced heat regeneration - fixed!
    (massivly increased time to Sim :/ )
    damage procc relics do scale now with bloodthirst - fixed
    damage procc relics can now procc critical reaction
    damage procc relics can now correctly miss
    enhanced again the Simlog output

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum....html#pid25785

Open for bug reports, hints and questions

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Well using two implants with accuracy, and the correct number of enhancements, aren't we in the higher 99%? I think I'm at 99.91 right now and I don't even have full 72 enhancements.

Or were you suggesting that if we use 2 acc/power implants, then we only go for 5 acc/power enhancements instead of 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Well using two implants with accuracy, and the correct number of enhancements, aren't we in the higher 99%? I think I'm at 99.91 right now and I don't even have full 72 enhancements.

Or were you suggesting that if we use 2 acc/power implants, then we only go for 5 acc/power enhancements instead of 6?
    Well technically BiS enhancements is 5 of each (including implants) acc and surge. Which leaves us at 99.5%. If you opt to go for 6 pieces, you'll be at 100.5% but have to sacrafice 79 surge to do so. This way you'd only be sacraficing 32 aim to get to 99.91% and still keep all the surge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Sry bro, I'm just not good in C or something like that :/ could do the stuff in Java, but it would suck to create the needed interface anyway.
    Moreover, nobody would download .exe file from an anonym guy like me...

Just to bring back even more theorycrafting:

1.6 Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages have 47 perm. Power and a 350 Power on Use effect:
    350 * 30 / 120 = 87,5 + 47 = 134,5
    2.0 Arkanian Relic of Boundless Ages have 29 perm. Power and a 395 Power on Use effect:
    395 * 30 / 120 = 98,75 + 29 = 127,75

So, please - tell your friends they should stick to the old ones if they still have them

TL ; DR:
    DR BA is stronger than Ark BA
    it is correct but....but there is a better choice: 2 elite war hero relic augmented with overkill 28: (120+32)*2= 304 permanent power. I made a test on target dummie: 2 elite war hero relics> all dreadguard or arkanian relic combinations. So if u have elite war hero relics with 120 power don't sell and use them!

Quote Originally Posted by killogor View Post
    it is correct but....but there is a better choice: 2 elite war hero relic augmented with overkill 28: (120+32)*2= 304 permanent power. I made a test on target dummie: 2 elite war hero relics> all dreadguard or arkanian relic combinations. So if u have elite war hero relics with 120 power don't sell and use them!
    Throw reflex augments and they even better still not BiS though.

Throw reflex augments and they even better still not BiS though.
    yeah, get way more for UW CN and BA/SA

10+ Year Old Account
    Well technically BiS enhancements is 5 of each (including implants) acc and surge. Which leaves us at 99.5%. If you opt to go for 6 pieces, you'll be at 100.5% but have to sacrafice 79 surge to do so. This way you'd only be sacraficing 32 aim to get to 99.91% and still keep all the surge.
    Im going to just keep my augments as pure aim! I'd rather take 32 aim over surge to be honest.

So I hate to throw a curveball at everyone...but now that I'm close to BiS, or at least what we think is BiS, i decided to start messing with crit. I was rolling with 57 crit that i hadn't been able to get rid of yet and my highest parse was around 2920, and my extended parse was around 2820.

Now...All i did was add one mod, making it 114 crit. And mind you I spend A LOT of time on the dummy so even though I'm not a live simulator, I'm pretty consistent and I'm good with the "eyeball" test. After many many tries with just 57 crit best i could do was 2920, after i added this additional crit, I hit well over that on 3/4 tries. I topped out once at over 3k over 5 mins. And my extended parse went up to 2880. Call me crazy, but the same "feeling" I had about needing some crit back on the PTS is coming back to me. I know we have Keren's simulator and theorycrafted the hell outta crit/power...but my parses are suggesting otherwise atm.

Gonna do a lot more live testing cuz this could be just an extreme RNG situation, gonna add even more crit and see what happens. But I've noticed a trend amongst some other classes in my guild. The snipers have experimented with several hundred crit and their parses are going through the roof as well. The mara's are seeing about 150 crit as ideal. So...I'm not giving up on it yet Just thought I'd share with yall, feel free to ignore this entire post I think out loud
    Last edited by odawgg; 2013-05-17 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do some more testing and let us know, but I'm willing to bet it was just RNG. Getting an extra HSM crit will boost your DPS quite a bit, but that is heavily reliant on RNG at this point in time. I'm sure its a DPS increase if we can guarantee an extra 1-2 HSM crits, but we can't since its just like rolling a dice and hoping it lands close to the number we want. For now I'm personally sticking with straight power. My parses don't seem to be too bad- especially with just using reusables and none of the 'new' stuff... factor that in with not having a bloodthirst for my group as well.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm gonna say is im comin for yer records!! wtb main hand though...

Quote Originally Posted by Syzyx View Post
    All I'm gonna say is im comin for yer records!! wtb main hand though...
    Please do, I'm lonely up here! hehe...throw a few mil into the gbank and tell the GM it's for the mainhand lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please do, I'm lonely up here! hehe...throw a few mil into the gbank and tell the GM it's for the mainhand lol.
    Hey now... check some of the records

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Hey now... check some of the records
    Haha, yeah you're nipping at my heals on a couple fights you closed the gap since last time I checked, nice! But i still hold'em

Haha, yeah you're nipping at my heals on a couple fights you closed the gap since last time I checked, nice! But i still hold'em
    guess I gotta step up to the easiness of 16m HM so I can blow you away with my awesome ability to lag out and hit psuedo GCD while owning dps:P

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    guess I gotta step up to the easiness of 16m HM so I can blow you away with my awesome ability to lag out and hit psuedo GCD while owning dps:P
    Lol, I so miss 8 mans...looks like 16 man is on the schedule again this week gonna try to slip in an alt so I can run my merc on an off night with someone in an 8 man. For sure within the next 3 weeks gonna get into an 8 man so I can see where i stand there.

Lol, I so miss 8 mans...looks like 16 man is on the schedule again this week gonna try to slip in an alt so I can run my merc on an off night with someone in an 8 man. For sure within the next 3 weeks gonna get into an 8 man so I can see where i stand there.
    its a trap guild ends up putting you on bitch duty every fight because only mercs are smart enough to do their job right:P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    its a trap guild ends up putting you on bitch duty every fight because only mercs are smart enough to do their job right:P
    amen to that dominion!