Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why does everybody use colorblind mode?

I was watching some streams and youtube videos and I saw that all the good players had blue nameplats and such. I looked it up and it turns out that it's colorblind mode. Now I'm wondering, why do people play with it? Does it give an advantage because it pops out or something?

Deleted
    Because blue looks nicer than green.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Uh, are you serious?

Assuming you aren't trolling I will actually waste my time and tell you. Guess what man! There are color blind people in the world! Color blind mode uses colors that allow color blind people to differentiate teams and such. So when these people are recording and/or streaming games they are simply being nice to the community by using colorblind mode so everyone who watches can actually make out whats going on.
    and that blue looks better than green lol, thats why i use it

Honestly man, It's just easier on the eyes since your always looking at the ground anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Uh, are you serious?

Assuming you aren't trolling I will actually waste my time and tell you. Guess what man! There are color blind people in the world! Color blind mode uses colors that allow color blind people to differentiate teams and such. So when these people are recording and/or streaming games they are simply being nice to the community by using colorblind mode so everyone who watches can actually make out whats going on.
    I am neither colorblind nor do I stream my games, but I still use colorblind mode. I just overall prefer the blue/red color scheme more than green/red.

Deleted
    Green and red look nigh on identical for me, can't lasthit for shit with it, and it's rather poor even on colourblind mode. I'd love to change alot about the colours in LoL, not just the bars but the lights and backrounds as well, just to make it clearer. To make things "worse", I've seen a youtube video that has the entire thing looking like nighttime, with really nice contrasts on the HP bars, it looks AWESOME. And I haven't got a fucking foggy on how to replicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Green and red look nigh on identical for me, can't lasthit for shit with it, and it's rather poor even on colourblind mode. I'd love to change alot about the colours in LoL, not just the bars but the lights and backrounds as well, just to make it clearer. To make things "worse", I've seen a youtube video that has the entire thing looking like nighttime, with really nice contrasts on the HP bars, it looks AWESOME. And I haven't got a fucking foggy on how to replicate it.
    Would you mind linking the video?
    I'd like to check it out and see what's up.

I would assume casters and pros who make money off there stream and youtube use it for the colorblind community in general, personal i have not noticed any difference lol , actual going to turn it on now and see whats different about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Would you mind linking the video?
    I'd like to check it out and see what's up.
    Naww, can't find it, but if it's something you think that can't be done then it's very possible I've spazzed out and mixed something up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Thats prolly just the Autumn map thingy.
    Example: http://www.own3d.tv/video/311834/Jun...ith_Commentary

Not colour blind or anything but I use that mode and will never change back Things are much clearer imo.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

it makes it FAR easier to spot things like friendly/unfriendly cait traps etc. (more so than they already do in game) The blue seems to be easier for most people to spot as well rather than green!

10+ Year Old Account
    Iwish the y wouldd streazm inBraille.I can;t ever seewhat' sgoing on it thsoe videos,

Deleted
    I tried it in a couple of games earlier today. It does look better.

Deleted
    Haha, thanks for the tip. I for one is going to try it out and see for myself :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Thats prolly just the Autumn map thingy.
    Example: http://www.own3d.tv/video/311834/Jun...ith_Commentary
    'Scuse the potential stupid question, but how do you get that?

Nevermind, googled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll try it, the blue should contrast better against the terrain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I am actually color blind.

i'm colorblind and don't use colorblind mode. last time i tried it couldn't see a difference in anything