Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    All three are valid options really. I think it'll come down to what you feel appeals to you the most.

PS. Male Draenei have THE best shoulderpieces of the entire Alliance. Just saying

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 02:33 AM ----------

I'm pretty sure Necromantic Focus had a thing to do with this.
    It's just quite a shame that Draenei male look like a malformed Eredar. (I know they essentially are, but they don't look anywhere near as good. In fact, Draenei males are arguably the ugliest race in the game, whereas a closer replica to Eredar would look awesome.)

yes crit is the worst stat but the difference is small
    worgen ist way stronger than dreanei just because they give around 80 more stats

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 11:52 AM ----------

hit is about 0.01 stronger then crit (when 1P being 1 int) while 1% hit is 104 rating and 1% crit is around 180 rating
    that small difference does not make up for the near 80 point rating you get more from the 1% crit
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyna View Post
    yes crit is the worst stat but the difference is small
    worgen ist way stronger than dreanei just because they give around 80 more stats

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 11:52 AM ----------

hit is about 0.01 stronger then crit (when 1P being 1 int) while 1% hit is 104 rating and 1% crit is around 180 rating
    that small difference does not make up for the near 80 point rating you get more from the 1% crit
    On a standstill fight, Hit is close to Crit. However, there are no true stand-still-and-DPS fights in DS (not even Ultraxion), which means Hitcap is worth getting. In this sense, an additional percentage in Hit means you get more stats to put into Haste or Mastery. An additional percentage in Crit does none of these. Draenei is superior because of this.

to give some numbers to compare : worgen give around 96 int compared to a race that gives nothing like dwarf (when you calculate the value of the 1% crit in int)
    dreanei around 57 int
    human around 28 int
    that does not account darkflight in any way (dreanei heal is useless since you cant cast it in shadowform)

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    On a standstill fight, Hit is close to Crit. However, there are no true stand-still-and-DPS fights in DS (not even Ultraxion), which means Hitcap is worth getting. In this sense, an additional percentage in Hit means you get more stats to put into Haste or Mastery. An additional percentage in Crit does none of these. Draenei is superior because of this.
    no its not mastery is worth around the same a hit. lets say i put all the 104 hit rating from dreanei into haste thats still only worth around 58 int which is still wort way less then the 180 critrating

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate these topics. Every time one gets posted, you always get the odd "pick gnome!!! i have a cat and i love my cat and my cat is small and gnomes are small so gnomes are like my cat so you should pick gnome!!!" post.

Worgen are by far the best race for basically any class that can pick worgen as an option. The 1% crit is great, but the main draw of being a worgen is Darkflight. There's countless numbers of fights where a movement speed increase will either make a mechanic easier, or save your life. Draenei is a decent option for the 1% hit, but Darkflight is just too good not to have in most cases.

15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei>Worgen>=Human>Gnome>Dwarf=Night Elf

worgen is way stronger then dreanei but i dont want to argue anymore if you dont believe me go look it up in kilee´s guide or on howtopriest.com
    dreanei was close to worgen in 4.1 because it was easier to get the hastesoftcap like that
    now that that is no problem at all the 1% hit lags behind quite alot

If I have to choose between being able to spend 100 rating in Haste to reach a breakpoint because I have 1% less hit to worry about as opposed to 1% crit I gain, then I know which to pick.

The statement 'way stronger' can be nuanced into slightly stronger.

*EDIT*
    Copy-Paste from Kilee's post
    For racials, the following is probably the best order to go in:

Alliance: Worgen (1% crit), Dranei (1% hit), Human (.5% hit via Human Spirit), Gnome (5% mana pool)
    See the probably bolded out? There is no definite answer since the answer isn't all that clear. In the end you need to go for what you feel will give you the best gain. Whether it be 1% hit or 1% Crit.
    Last edited by Karei; 2012-04-17 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Im pretty sure crit is a spriest's worst stat.
    I never said it wasn't. Read the numerous posts in the thread where people have said that 1% crit = 180 rating, and 1% hit = 100 rating. You simply gain more stats being a worgen, regardless of it being your "best" or not. Being able to reforge 100 extra haste or mastery isn't going to outweigh 180 extra crit rating, if you're min/maxing for pve.

Draenei Female, for the sexy dance!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyna View Post
    no its not mastery is worth around the same a hit. lets say i put all the 104 hit rating from dreanei into haste thats still only worth around 58 int which is still wort way less then the 180 critrating
    Since 4p t13 hitcap is a must, nothing else can be said about it, missing any of the spells used with your SF rotation is a HUGE dps loss. With that in mind 1% hit is way better than 1% crit. Even though 1% crit is worth 80 more rating (1% hit is about 104 and 1% crit is about 180) you can't cap crit. Crit is something you always reforge as much as you can away and hence you won't gain any other reforged stat from 1% passive crit.
    1% passiv hit on the other hand will help you towards the 1742 rating you need to be capped and can help you reforge away hit to say mastery or haste, what ever build you are going for.

Not taking the use of worgen spring (which I honestly see no realy good use for in DS heroic modes) in consideration Dreanei is better than worgens for a Shadow priest.

Gnomes are best for disc priest because of rapture that will give more mana back and I would go with Human or worgen for Holy.

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    ...Darkflight. There's countless numbers of fights where a movement speed increase will either make a mechanic easier, or save your life. Draenei is a decent option for the 1% hit, but Darkflight is just too good not to have in most cases.
    Name on fight in DS heroic where you actually need a sprint?

Name on fight in DS heroic where you actually need a sprint?
    He never said "need" - he said it makes a mechanic easier, or saves your life. Can DS be done without Darkflight? Of course. No racial is needed. That's a bullshit question. However, that doesn't mean that Darkflight isn't very convenient in a lot of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    He never said "need" - he said it makes a mechanic easier, or saves your life. Can DS be done without Darkflight? Of course. No racial is needed. That's a bullshit question. However, that doesn't mean that Darkflight isn't very convenient in a lot of fights.
    Even though it's never "Needed" as I misphrased it. It's never even any large dps gain anymore. No fight have that one moment on a 2min cooldown that will be a nice dps gain if you do it fast enough.

Warmaster HC shockwave? that takes one global to move out from.
    Hagara icephase? Either you are in the middle like a real caster or your raid is stupid.
    Yor'sahj? The blobs die so fast that you easily can move in a nice range with one or two globals.

Etcetc.

You'll never have any situation where DF will give you even one extra global as you could get on say Ragnaros Heroic Phase 2 or picking feathers on alysrazor. So in the current content DF won't give you anything worth a mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    I'm pretty sure Necromantic Focus had a thing to do with this.
    It was VPLC and T12 set bonus that inflated crit's value.

Honestly though... all the races are really close. It's hard to put a value on movement buffs (boot enchant debate anyone?) so that part is more of a personal preference. Worgen was a bit higher than Dranei because 1% crit is about 179 rating and 1% hit is 101 rating and if you apply the stat rats from simcraft 1% crit is a little more PP than 1% hit... even though crit is our least desired stat. Though simcraft stats get a little wonky when you add in our current T13 4pc rotation.

Seriously though roll whatever race you want, it really won't make a noticeable difference; what will make a real difference though is how well you gear yourself and how good you are at playing your spec.

Ah right you are Arlee, thanks for correcting me there. Knew it was one of those trinkets and didn't look em up to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Draenei males are arguably the ugliest race in the game
    I've been playing various MMOs since about 1998 (started in Ultima Online). I've always rolled male characters. A few months ago I decided to roll a mage and couldn't decided between Worgen or Draenei. I realized I already have 3 Worgen, so I went with Draenei. I clicked the male icon, looked at the character creation model for about 2.4 seconds before clicking the "female" button.

First time for everything, I guess.

OT; Personally, I'd say go with Draenei. If at some point crit becomes the strong stat for Spriest, you have that free 103 rating to move around into Crit. Sure, that's only around 0.57% crit but when crit is a weak stat, the rating isn't being wasted. All things considered, the 1% hit will average out to the best choice between the two unless you can guarantee (which you can't) that crit will always be a very strong stat for Spriest.

Hey, no fair, all my chars are either male Worgen or Draenei... I R Proud to be a Spacegoat!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Night elf because the other races look like crap

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    I never said it wasn't. Read the numerous posts in the thread where people have said that 1% crit = 180 rating, and 1% hit = 100 rating. You simply gain more stats being a worgen, regardless of it being your "best" or not. Being able to reforge 100 extra haste or mastery isn't going to outweigh 180 extra crit rating, if you're min/maxing for pve.
    That's all good and fancy and ultimately irrelevant because worgen casting animations are the stupidest looking casting animations in the game. Not to mention sniffing and being generally ugly and obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei, 1% hit will ALWAYS be 1% hit.. regardless of gear or level. 1% crit will always be 1% crit.... but crit will never be a top secondary stat outside of VERY specific gear situations. think of it this way: 1%hit @85 and 1%hit @90 the rating difference will be HUGE, and the sooner you can cap hit, the sooner you can work on haste.
    "When you build it, you love it!"