Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Have Blizzard run out of money?

Hi. (first post! who cares!)

From what i have understood, there´s like what! 4-5 beta realms up and 850,000 + beta players already jamming them full!
    How about, If Blizzard could offer they´r customers something that themself could live up to.
    why offer 12.000.000 players, an invite to the upcoming expansion beta invites, if this is how we get treated?

im not really looking forward to my beta inv anymore. im getting tuned and updated by mmochamp, youtube, friends and other forums. so it allready feels like that ive played the Beta, although! without the effing fuzz just to get a quest done!

disappointed!
    such a great company. but really!

---------------------------------------
    2nd thing. really short!

Make a few realms with some restrictions! no Heirlooms, no migration. no xrealm pvp or dungeon. Miss the good old times where you accutally had to need for something in a dungeon, or the abillity to acctually have to pay some attention in BGs. Now! its just nuke, slash, slug, pulverize and smash these poor little alliance´s!

Thx. have fun
    cya!

So many spelling and grammar errors....point...not...visible...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

10+ Year Old Account
    What does this have to do with money?
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

the only way for blizzard to run out of money with 10 million players + cash shop is if they decide to start using 100 dollars bills as toilet paper
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about beta? If you signed up for the annual pass for the beta, that's kind of a fail. The free Diablo 3 is what make it worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skjelfjord84 View Post
    Hi. (first post! who cares!)

From what i have understood, there´s like what! 4-5 beta realms up and 850,000 + beta players already jamming them full!
    How about, If Blizzard could offer they´r customers something that themself could live up to.
    why offer 12.000.000 players, an invite to the upcoming expansion beta invites, if this is how we get treated?

im not really looking forward to my beta inv anymore. im getting tuned and updated by mmochamp, youtube, friends and other forums. so it allready feels like that ive played the Beta, although! without the effing fuzz just to get a quest done!

disappointed!
    such a great company. but really!

---------------------------------------
    2nd thing. really short!

Make a few realms with some restrictions! no Heirlooms, no migration. no xrealm pvp or dungeon. Miss the good old times where you accutally had to need for something in a dungeon, or the abillity to acctually have to pay some attention in BGs. Now! its just nuke, slash, slug, pulverize and smash these poor little alliance´s!

Thx. have fun
    cya!
    Could be me, but I don't understand what your problem is. You're angry because you didn't get a beta invite and now you don't want one but Blizz is still the evil doer somehow? And how does Blizz treat you badly?

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this i dont even????

Deleted
    dark room. a few beers, have english as 3rd language, its 3:41am. - theres my excuses!

what are yours?
    did you manage to read it and understand the point of it?
    in a non-public enviroment i would have done/said alot more!

but for now! just grow up!

---------- Post added 2012-04-17 at 02:43 AM ----------

true! can´t wait for that one though!

Are you ****ing kidding me? Of course they haven't run out of money.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

If you have 12 million people giving feedback....... how much of that is actually useful? How many people on the beta actually know what they are talking about when they test new content and how many just want to see the 'new' stuff.

I don't work for blizzard, but I assume the problem is that wasting money on making more beta servers when a few are already enough is silly, considering the fact that beta isn't permanent.

beta isn't a club, it isn't supposed to be a confortable room for VIP clients. it's a testing zone. among the things that can be tested on it is the amount of stress a new server can handle, so getting them crowded is actually a good thing.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Oh this again.

People should educate themselves on what words beta and testing mean.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing you need to keep in mind is this: Not everyone is going to play the beta. The vast majority will only log on a few times, check stuff out, and never log on again (some people just don't like the feel of an unfinished product) It would be a giant waste of money to open more realms

what is this i dont even

The estimated number of annual pass players is like just over 1mil, so they're not planning on inviting 12,000,000 people to beta... as for the rest of what you said or the point you were trying to make, I have no idea.

Can you please edit the OP so I can make sense of what you're saying and extract some kind of point out of it? Preferably something relating to the thread title?

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing, It's flippin Beta! Why is this simple concept so difficult for people to grasp? Why on earth would Blizzard set up additional servers just for a ~4 month beta? They will be useless after that since all the live realms are on the existing servers. Also, it's Beta! You are not there to have an easy time completing quests. You are there to test. Finding things that do not work correctly is a good thing in a beta. It means you are doing what you should be as a tester.

And again, it's a flippin Beta test.

As for the second, not going to happen. There will never be hardcore or classic servers. Doing so would force Blizzard to balance two very different types of servers / game systems. Most likely they would end up as dead servers anyways. There would be a good bit of interest at first and then after a few months most people would go back to their regular servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    The estimated number of annual pass players is like just over 1mil, so they're not planning on inviting 12,000,000 people to beta... as for the rest of what you said or the point you were trying to make, I have no idea.
    was just about to point that out, lol beat me to it!

also, pretty sure there isnt even 12 million players in total in WoW anymore, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    technically they DID invite 12mil.. the AP was offered to ALL. 11mil rejected their invite.. by not signing up.

also.. lol.. this is a dumb thread. has nothing to do with a company being broke or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.