Thread: Error #132

Error #132

I, as well as a lot of other people have been constantly getting Error #132 making the beta unplayable. I was looking on the Official Beta Tech Support forum today and found this.

(I'm Unable to post links but look at World of Warcraft Forums > Beta Tech Support > Error 132 Sticky, 4th Thread down) That's the official thread.

This is the thread Sticky for Error #132. The 7th post from the bottom a blue stated,
    The Intel 4 series chipset has difficulty with World of Warcraft now, so I'm going to assume that it will be unsupported for Mists of Pandaria. We have not officially announced the minimum system and video requirements for Mists of Pandaria.
    So i'm imagining everyone with a Intel 4 Series Chipset is going to have to run out and either buy a new PC or a new Graphics card.

Anyone else pissed off at the moment?

Well, to be fair, if you're running an old system and expecting to not have to upgrade, then you'll be severely disappointed.

I understand how it can obviously piss you off, but if there's ever a time to motivate you to upgrade something inside your rig then this is it. Right?

I understand that, just pretty strapped for cash at the moment as i'm still studying.

But my computer still runs WoW, SWTOR, pretty much everything on Ultra so there's almost no point upgrading.

it is pretty annoying, its killed me a bunch of times on Beta. Id assume its just a beta thing though I cant see them having this active for the actual game itself

I'm hoping so, don't really want to run out and buy a new card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalend View Post
    I understand that, just pretty strapped for cash at the moment as i'm still studying.

But my computer still runs WoW, SWTOR, pretty much everything on Ultra so there's almost no point upgrading.
    So why dont you just buy a new mainbord with a better chipset? There are better mainbords out there for a small fee.

Deleted
    Error #132 means just "whoops, we don't know what went wrong". It will naturally happen a lot, but for a host of different reasons every time.

i'm sure that was the error i was getting, i just changed graphics from Direct x11 to Direct x9 and it all worked fine

There is no one specific Error #132.

You got one of thousands of different #132s. It may or may not be the one related to the chipset issue, though unless you use intel graphics(which you really shouldn't anyway), it's probably not. As far as can be told, they were talking about the integrated graphics of that chipset.

Since you can run everything on ultra, you've most likely encountered a different #132.

I also get #132s more or less regularly, and i don't even have any intel components in my system at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There is no one specific Error #132.

You got one of thousands of different #132s. It may or may not be the one related to the chipset issue, though unless you use intel graphics(which you really shouldn't anyway), it's probably not. As far as can be told, they were talking about the integrated graphics of that chipset.

Since you can run everything on ultra, you've most likely encountered a different #132.

I also get #132s more or less regularly, and i don't even have any intel components in my system at all.
    Aha! This is what I was looking for, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The chipset error is a tech failure.

The error most people are getting is actually a hard-coded failure. It's a null pointer error. For those who don't have the programming experience, that means somewhere in the millions-billions of lines of code that make up WoW, someone typed in the wrong thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Blizzard is trying to divide by zero and are using the computer power of over 1million AP holder to do that. Seems like it doesn't work tho.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will all be fixed when MoP hits retail.... I hope.... fingers crossed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The chipset error is a tech failure.

The error most people are getting is actually a hard-coded failure. It's a null pointer error. For those who don't have the programming experience, that means somewhere in the millions-billions of lines of code that make up WoW, someone typed in the wrong thing.
    Well seems there is lots of bad writen lines coz every time when i get 132 the number is different
    Have no patience to D3 release seems Beta will be a bit unplayable from mine computers till almost end

10+ Year Old Account
    for some reason I get that error only when I have firefox open while WoW is running..if it's open it's guaranteed to happen, but if it's closed it never does..not sure what that means, but everyone kept telling me it was some graphics card error