SWTOR:PVP Gearing on fresh character

Greetings guys,
    So supposedly i want to gear up a fresh lvl50 with BattleMaster gear ( not war hero at first ) using the new token system, will that take more time than the oldskool way if yes, how much more , if no what is your estimate ? ( i tend to play 3-4hours /day doing bg's ).

Also, another question do u reckon i should take my char to rank50 prior hitting 50 or after? and why?
    Thanks alot !

Deleted
    Definitely faster than before, simply because you don't have to be valor rank 60 to buy the BM gear anymore.

You should have your char's valor equal to your level at all times, just so that you (as a player) are experienced enough playing it before being thrown to the sharks at 50 .
    Other than that it doesn't really matter, valor ranks are gained very fast.

Way shorter path to GM gear now, and as for rank, you can't get a higher rank than your current level so it's not possible to get rank 50 before.

Aye thats what i mean 47-47 ,48-48 etc etc ,at the moment i am 45 and sitting on lvl38 rank, should i go farm wz's and loose xp time or go for 50 and go onwards there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    Aye thats what i mean 47-47 ,48-48 etc etc ,at the moment i am 45 and sitting on lvl38 rank, should i go farm wz's and loose xp time or go for 50 and go onwards there?
    I'd go with the warzones. You want to stock up on the pvp healing and expertise adrenals. After you hit 50, all commendations will go towards equipment and you won't want to waste them on adrenals. And besides, warzones aren't all that bad when it comes to levelling up.

Thanks alot for your replies guys. WIll take em in consideration and move on from there!