Thread: D3 and bots?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The only way to get crafting mats is by destroying magic items in the beta (don't know if they will just drop on live). And even at low levels, you get 1 reagent to destroy - and need 5+ to craft and then you've got a random chance of getting a good piece or you may in fact get something you don't want. I had to make 11 shoulders to get a piece that I considered pretty awesome. The rest were junk and I just recycled them back into mats.

So as long as the crafting gear is good enough to make people want to craft it, people will have to destroy quite a large amount of their magic items.
    We are not talking about epics or rares (with awful to moderate combination of random affix) they are going to get destroyed one way or another for better crafted items. The issue here is circulating for example 5 pieces of same legendary item after month from release isn't same like circulating 10 k pieces of same legendary after 1 year, gold will be obsolete at that point and the currency of the game will be that item like what happened in D2 when runes became the currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    people will have to destroy quite a large amount of their magic items.
    That's a pretty good system, but like Ballistic said, I doubt many people will be salvaging legendary items instead of posting them to the AH. Unless there is some legendary crafting material which is only obtainable from legendaries, used to craft some really epic stuff.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    That's a pretty good system, but like Ballistic said, I doubt many people will be salvaging legendary items instead of posting them to the AH. Unless there is some legendary crafting material which is only obtainable from legendaries, used to craft some really epic stuff.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they do that in the future as the game ages. Sort of like the new "new runewords".

Let's be honest though, eventually the AH will be flooded and everything will be super cheap anyway. As the game ages, the amount of MF bounties millions of farmers (legit and non) will have to offer would be more than the entire playerbase could consume.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    Let's be honest though, eventually the AH will be flooded and everything will be super cheap anyway. As the game ages, the amount of MF bounties millions of farmers (legit and non) will have to offer would be more than the entire playerbase could consume.
    Until a next expansion comes out, right? The thing for blizzard is delay this moment (of flooded ah) by making it hard to reach the end of the game (beat inferno) and get the ultimate items.
    Also remember there are 5 classes, alts will be item sinks. Like me, many intend to beat inferno on all 5 chars and get the best gear possible for every one. When i don't have anything more to do or buy with my first class, i'll have plenty to do and buy with the others. It'll take a while to complete every single one.

Deleted
    Let's be honest though
    Why stop lying now?

eventually the AH will be flooded and everything will be super cheap anyway. As the game ages, the amount of MF bounties millions of farmers (legit and non) will have to offer would be more than the entire playerbase could consume.
    Since we're being honest, the expansion to Diablo 2 came exactly one year after the vanilla release. Patches also brought some new gear in the form of new runewords as well as new unique items.

Hence, eventually D3 will no doubt have at least some new items to be found, to be put in the RMAH, and to be paid for, and since Blizzard has had WoW in between D2 and D3 where they've brought us steady content patches, it's quite possible D3 will go by the way of content patches as well, bringing new gear to bosses.

As the game ages, then, new content will be introduced one way or another, and this new content needs to be farmed again, for the prices of these new items to come down.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-04-18 at 02:36 PM.

What happened to the talk about some high end Tier gear being BOE? They end up scrapping that idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Why stop lying now?

Since we're being honest, the expansion to Diablo 2 came exactly one year after the vanilla release. Patches also brought some new gear in the form of new runewords as well as new unique items.

Hence, eventually D3 will no doubt have at least some new items to be found, to be put in the RMAH, and to be paid for, and since Blizzard has had WoW in between D2 and D3 where they've brought us steady content patches, it's quite possible D3 will go by the way of content patches as well, bringing new gear to bosses.

As the game ages, then, new content will be introduced one way or another, and this new content needs to be farmed again, for the prices of these new items to come down.
    That's true, but it doesn't mean the AH won't still end up clogged. Years from now it'll probably look like this?: A dozen top-tier items released from the newest Big Bad with perfect stats go for ridiculous amounts of USD, the VAST majority of other stuff will be worth trash. Of course, all of that will depend on whether Diablo 3's power jumps are more in line with D2's or something like WoW's where old content stuff is basically obsolete.