Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Spine with RF up... as holy -for serious-

So my guild has been wiping on heroic spine for about 6 hours now. When we don't have some1 tard out and do something silly we can make it to plate three pretty sucessfully. However when we get there our resto druid is getting OMGWTFROFLSTOMPEDLOLOLOLOLOL. We've placed him so that he is almost always getting two stacks of the damage reduction and we've had him stacked on the prot pally but he is just really pulling aggro off all these little buggers and dying.

My thought, after the second roll pop RF and put on my shield. I have a 30sec cd on my damage reduction (drood's is one min) and i also have a 20 sec CD on my aoe stun (20 seconds to avoid DR, drood's is 2min). Our best attempt we had about 55 bloods up and that was after blowing some after second plate, we are simply getting overrun but this way all the strays will be going to a central location and the tanks will know exactly where to go to peel.

Is this just a silly idea? Or does it have any merit to it?

Deleted
    I'd be a little skeptical, only because you are still going to take a lot of extra damage as a healer, are you making good use of misdirects?

Yr idea would work, just consider whether you will have enough survivability, can always bubble. IDK, I'm not that much help really^^

Mark the tank and stack hard on him. Restro druids pull a ton of threat on the fight so hand of salvation is wonderful. Since we are 10 man with 2 paladins one holy the other ret we are able to get his threat down anytime it gets high. Its really all about stacking and good aoe threat.

we had the same problem with our resto druid, but we gave him HoP when he was about to die, and HoS when it was off cd.. We had 2 paladins
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

We are attempting the fight without tanks, I'll post a video after we down it.............

We have a Prot pally and myself tossing out Salv on the resto druid. For the last transistion we are stacking on the Prot pally while the Warrior tank kites and does his best impression of AOE threat. We're just getting F'd so hard during that last part, I'm trying to come up with creative ways of helping the resto drood out.

link worldoflogs if u got it

I'll be running some logs tonight, we generally can get there in one night (we only raid two). If I don't post something tomorrow it will be the day after.

Sounds like your Hand spells (especially with 2 Paladins) would be very useful if you aren't rotating Sacrifice, Salvation and Protection already.

Deleted
    Glyph hosalv

If you think you'll be able to tank any amount of bloods as Holy, you're wrong. For serious.

Use salvation on him and get better tanks. 55 bloods sounds pretty excessive too. Make sure both tanks are picking bloods up at the end. Our 3 healers stack on our bear druid and he does a pretty good job of getting bloods fast. Our blood DK also puts a DnD on the healers to get any that the other tank misses. Blood tank shouldn't have to kite at all now with the -15% nerfs so they can just pile on the healers and get all the bloods easily.

Deleted
    My guild is still progressing on spine(Lame I know but for casual it's not that bad ^^). 25man that is. We are also getting overrun by the bloods but the main tank came with suggestion which we will try next week. We are not rolling the boss during 2nd plate which causes to get a lot more bloods spawn, so we may actually roll once or twice to prevent it. Try it with your group aswell, might work. AOE bloods, kill them right before you roll and have the amalgamation tank run through the residue on the ground with the amalg right before you roll( have him gripped if possible to the stacking position ). As i said we havent tried it yet but I will try to provide you with feedback about this as soon as we try it. Until then - good luck with the boss, its really boring for real.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofbloood View Post
    My guild is still progressing on spine(Lame I know but for casual it's not that bad ^^). 25man that is. We are also getting overrun by the bloods but the main tank came with suggestion which we will try next week. We are not rolling the boss during 2nd plate which causes to get a lot more bloods spawn, so we may actually roll once or twice to prevent it. Try it with your group aswell, might work. AOE bloods, kill them right before you roll and have the amalgamation tank run through the residue on the ground with the amalg right before you roll( have him gripped if possible to the stacking position ). As i said we havent tried it yet but I will try to provide you with feedback about this as soon as we try it. Until then - good luck with the boss, its really boring for real.
    My guild killed Spine 25HC a few weeks ago using similar tactic, Each Amalg got 3-6 stacks before roll from the bloods(our RL always calls "Melee do your job" after tendon is killed to kill a few bloods). It definitely eases the fight at 3rd platform

Quote Originally Posted by hopezero View Post
    So my guild has been wiping on heroic spine for about 6 hours now. When we don't have some1 tard out and do something silly we can make it to plate three pretty sucessfully. However when we get there our resto druid is getting OMGWTFROFLSTOMPEDLOLOLOLOLOL. We've placed him so that he is almost always getting two stacks of the damage reduction and we've had him stacked on the prot pally but he is just really pulling aggro off all these little buggers and dying.

My thought, after the second roll pop RF and put on my shield. I have a 30sec cd on my damage reduction (drood's is one min) and i also have a 20 sec CD on my aoe stun (20 seconds to avoid DR, drood's is 2min). Our best attempt we had about 55 bloods up and that was after blowing some after second plate, we are simply getting overrun but this way all the strays will be going to a central location and the tanks will know exactly where to go to peel.

Is this just a silly idea? Or does it have any merit to it?
    With that much Blood out your tank will never be able to get the Blood off you and you'll die just like the Druid. You won't solve anything by doing this.

Righteous Fury is a HUGE threat modifier. With 55 (wtf) Blood out your tank will hardly be doing any damage to them because of the AoE cap while you are still generating full threat through healing.

At that point if you are on 3rd plate in 10 man and you have that much Blood, there are other things you need to access:
    - Are you keeping up on Blood the entire fight? In our alt 10 man, I make sure that after 2nd roll we have no Blood and no Residue up, and after 3rd roll we have no Residue and no more then 1-5 Bloods up. Have 1 Tank grab the Amalgs that spawn from the Corruptions before rolls while the other tank and a strong AoE'er DPS the Bloods down in a nice patch next to the hole. Once the rolls starts by having everyone on one side of the spine, have the Amalg tank drag them through the Residue right before rolling off.
    - Are DPS pulling their weight? On 10 man you can get away with having a DPS gripped during a Tendon burn and still do it in 2 lifts so you are only limited by how fast you can kill Amalgs. The faster you kill Amalgs the faster you can lift plates and the less Blood you need to deal with.

If you want to see a video of properly rolling off Residue check the link in my sig.

TL;DR
    Righteous Fury is bad
    Keep up on Bloods and roll off Residue properly
    Have DPS pull their weight

You'll get a kill shortly after. Hope that helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    My guild killed Spine 25HC a few weeks ago using similar tactic, Each Amalg got 3-6 stacks before roll from the bloods(our RL always calls "Melee do your job" after tendon is killed to kill a few bloods). It definitely eases the fight at 3rd platform
    We are currently doing that after 1st plate only, but it seems like a tactic that really works. Usually our main tain which is DK got 2 by the time we stack so he never got 1 to 9 stacks while I as prot pala am tanking the bloods between the stack spot and the DK, after the bloods are dead just both me and the Dk are getting gripped and its working perfectly.

We are certainly mopping up bloods on all flips.
    I gave this strat a go last night and it really seemed to help manage threat. The tanks were able to focus me which helped manage the overall threat on the bloods. I was never really taking spike damage at all, kept my damage reduction on CD and focused on my stun rotation with our prot pally. Still no kill yet, but our resto druid wasn't getting crushed after the flips. I've also found that a unglyphed Salv is becoming more effective (this could be do in part to the RF) because he isn't getting the threat back on the targets. I'll post logs when I get home

10+ Year Old Account
    We actually have our holy pally stack on the tank with RF on to keep the adds off the other healers. Works well for us cause he gets the initial heal aggro then our bear tank picks them right up. This is on 25.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Why are you kiting? theres no need to kite anymore with all the nerfs, just make sure to roll off a few blood espicially on the 2nd to 3rd tendon transition, do that, then just have the warrior tank, tank the bloods. healers stack on bloods tank, blood tank just does a simple aoe rotation, problem solved...

The main trick to the fight is just proper soak and rolls. Make sure the timing and movement is perfect and you'll roll with no blood on the second roll and maybe 2-3 on the last. Makes the fight significantly easier and healer threat becomes less of an issue. Less active bloods = less the healers could pull off.

When we kill it, we do the soak and rolls and on the last plate, our healers stand on the Amalgamation tank (Bear) who then starts swiping and Thrasing to get bloods on him and alleviate stress on the kiting tank. Between them and the blood tank (Warrior) using Tclap and such, our healers don't get aggro except on the initial spawn.