Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Strength, Wisdom, or Speed?

Just thought of this idea when i woke up from bed today so i thought it would be fun to make a thread out of it. So if you could choose a power what would it be?

Strength- The ability to be super strong; able to lift cars, punch holes through mountains and all that kind of stuff but at a cost of making you incredibly dumb. You would have a hard time doing basic math like 20+35. You always try to solve things by destruction and using brute force.

Wisdom- Incredibly smart. 100 times smarter than the average human scientist. Able to use psychic powers like mindreading and picking up objects with your mind but at the cost of being very weak. If you were to punch an ordinary man, to him, it would feel like a little child hitting him. You always think things through rather than using brute force to deal with an issue.

Speed- Super fast and able to fly. Could also run on walls and ceilings and even distort time but at the cost of being a total wimp. Your strength and intellect would be of a normal human being but you are such a skittish wimp you would rather just run away from a problem than dealing with it.

For me its a super hard choice i always wanted to fly so i would probably pick speed. They are all really cool powers to have though.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-04-18 at 12:46 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Wisdom, and i will be some sort of a villain , CONTROL THE WORLD!

10+ Year Old Account
    Choices seem unbalanced. With wisdom weakness is not an issue since you have psychic powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I already have the Wisdom part, so naturally I would pick Speed. Being able to fly would be amazing.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Wisdom.
    Seems like it has more advantages than disadvantages compared to the other ones.
    More like there are no disadvantages to wisdom, since I already have the strength of a little child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Choices seem unbalanced. With wisdom weakness is not an issue since you have psychic powers.
    I don't see how they're unbalanced. With strength your super strong but dumb, wisdom your super smart and have psychic powers but your physical strength is really weak and with speed you're super fast but you're scared of everything and a total wuss, so it seems kinda balanced to me. Weakness could be an issue for wisdom if you were for some reason not able to use your psychic powers and you had to rely on your physical strength.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Speed. already pretty smart and I don't really see how strength benefits me, and speed's downsides would only be an issue if you get into trouble in the first place, which I tend not to
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Wisdom outweighs the balance in that you can let people do what you want through your psychic powers. Remove those and it might be a totally different ballgame,

Look at it like this. A person representing 100% of these traits would be Strong, Smart and Fast.
    So in order to make the choices balanced you remove two of those options to each one you leave.

Strength makes you dumb and slow
    Wisdom makes you weak and slow
    Speed makes you weak and dumb

Like this each choice has to deal with the downside that the other options don't share with yours
    Last edited by Karei; 2012-04-18 at 12:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even without the psychic powers I think Wisdom would win. I mean...you could probably simply invent something that would give you super strength and super speed if you were 100x smarter than the average scientist.

Wisdom is also why we are the dominant species on the planet. We're not the strongest or the fastest, we can't fly or even swim very well. But despite the Gorilla's strength and the Cheeta's speed they're just dumb animals, and we run the whole show. So obviously wisdom is the ultimate virtue.

Wisdom.

Build power armor with strength augmentation
    ???
    profit.

And then use my smarts to do anything else I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Rogue has both the speed and the strength powers, plus other powers.

Jean Grey has only the wisdom power but is much stronger than Rogue.

You wouldn't really want super-intelligence, it'd just show you what a horrible futile place the world ultimately is. Especially if you could read minds... "What monstrosities would walk the streets were some people's faces as unfinished as their minds."

If you think about it, super speed can do everything super strength can. If you want to smash something just run into it travelling fast enough. Super speed kind of assumes you're surrounded by some kind of magical force field protecting you from harm, otherwise you'd find your feet burned down to stumps from the friction, your entire body crushed by wind resistance, your body slashed in half from a collision with a leaf, and so on. If you're travelling fast enough it doesn't matter what you hit, you're imparting incredible force on both the target and yourself.

Deleted
    Probably speed. Being able to run and fly at super speeds sounds really fun. Neither strength nor wisdom really appeal to me that much.
    If I was able to choose a power, I'd want to be able to enjoy it from the get-go. Wouldn't really want to spend years inventing machines just to give me the same benefits as speed which I honestly doubt I'd ever achieve. I'd probably be able to get close, but in my mind it would never be good enough and I'd probably drive myself to insanity. Having psychic powers doesn't sound as fun as having super speed and the ability to fly. That's just my opinion though.

Turning into a wimp wouldn't be that much of a problem. I don't really seek out trouble as it is, so that wouldn't change. The only problem I'd see with it is that I'd panic if I was ever discovered, however there would be loads of opportunities to escape if that were to happen.

Won't go on much more, it's 5 in the morning and I'll probably end up rambling about random stuff. So speed would be my answer

Wisdom, my choice. id fix some medical problems with myself, and then go for world domination, got to have priorities
    I see Stupid people!

Deleted
    I would say Wisdom, if your smart enough i guess you can outplay the strong enemy? Oh well Wisdom is power!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Even without the psychic powers I think Wisdom would win. I mean...you could probably simply invent something that would give you super strength and super speed if you were 100x smarter than the average scientist.

Wisdom is also why we are the dominant species on the planet. We're not the strongest or the fastest, we can't fly or even swim very well. But despite the Gorilla's strength and the Cheeta's speed they're just dumb animals, and we run the whole show. So obviously wisdom is the ultimate virtue.
    well actually for primates, we swim extraordinarily well, there's even talk of us being semi aquatic as we left the forests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    I would say Wisdom, if your smart enough i guess you can outplay the strong enemy? Oh well Wisdom is power!!
    This is just what I was thinking. Who needs strength or speed when you can use your superior mind to manipulate enemies?
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

I'd have to agree with the others on taking Wisdom, the others might be nice(speed in particular) but with Wisdom what would stop me from overcoming those set weaknesses through other means? I mean take real life for example, you don't need to be super fast to fly as we have Airplanes that allow us to do that and to overcome our physical strength we have pulley systems that allow us to lift things that we normally wouldn't be able to.

Having Superior intellect will likely win in the end regardless of the odds set against you.

Wisdom, of course.

does wisdom give me mind powers like magneto or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.