Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Diablo3 Beta "Free"

So, seems like anyone can log in to the D3 beta at the moment. Download the client etc and enjoy while it lasts!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3724212521

Official battle.net forums already got hang of it, no official blue announcement about anything.. Could be a bug, or a "secret" stresstest?

Enjoy while it lasts!

Not sure if this is bannable offense to these forums, since I'm not sure is it a unintented bug or just a stresstest which they didn't announce yet.
    Last edited by Masennus; 2012-04-18 at 11:30 AM.

Deleted
    well give the client then ?

You can find it in the 3th page from the eu.battle.net link

Deleted
    Well, I just MSNed my husband at home who already has the beta installed on his PC and he says he still can't log in on his account (with no beta) so I'm not sure what people are talking about on the official forums, it's definitely not open beta for everyone (EU). Maybe a bad rumour or just some people got beta who didn't realise?

If people want to try though the downloads are in the link provided but here they are again

Not sure if you need to checkbox the US server, but in qnet@ Diablo3 irc channel pretty many people got it to work already.

edit: Yes got confirm that server needs to be America / US
    Last edited by Masennus; 2012-04-18 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Well, I just MSNed my husband at home who already has the beta installed on his PC and he says he still can't log in on his account (with no beta) so I'm not sure what people are talking about on the official forums, it's definitely not open beta for everyone (EU). Maybe a bad rumour or just some people got beta who didn't realise?

If people want to try though the downloads are in the link provided but here they are again
    People on diablofans say that you should change the region (or something like that) to US in your options (as EU). Can't confirm it myself but you (or your husband) could try that out...

Yeah it should fix it, gives error 3003(?) if you have the wrong server chosen. And of course go create a battletag for your account at bnet. Few guys didn't get it working since they didn't create it.

Thanks for the links Shamanic
    Last edited by Masennus; 2012-04-18 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    I'm currently installing the client and I was wondering do I log in with my BNet account ? If it works at all that is.

Yes, your own BNet account. Go create Battletag name for your account if you didn't yet + choose America from the servers. That SHOULD do it.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 11:45 AM ----------

Heading home now from work, confirming it myself soon when I'm home. Have a blast meanwhile if you get it to work!<3

Deleted
    Aaargh, getting 80-140kbps on the downloader... both with and without P2P on
    (was getting 600+ easily on the setup.exe :s)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post

My account doesn't say I have Beta but I just downloaded the beta and was able to login fine. I'm in europe and the region was set the the americas. I have a battletag created.

I can now confirm too that this works.

I created a new battle.net account a few minutes ago, activated it and created a battletag after which I was able to log into the beta with this 'empty' account. I only had to change the server region to 'The Americas' in the client options.

Edit: I was also able to create a character and start the game. (1k+ ms, though this might be my own internet)
    Last edited by conceit2; 2012-04-18 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Confirmed, it works
    Jumping like a little girl right now xD

Deleted
    when i try loggin in my charakter, it get error message:

"The Request has timed out" (Error 3006)

Deleted
    *downloading*

*freaking out*

Also, I believe the word you were looking for in the title is public?

d3 gonna own

idk if ive had beta for a while or i just got it since i havent checked in a while, but i DLed it last night and played it through on all classes

i

cant

fucking

wait

Confirmed, I could get in!!

I could download it and log in, made a character but cant start a game or join a public game. get various error codes

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    when i try loggin in my charakter, it get error message:

"The Request has timed out" (Error 3006)
    I'm having the same problem.