Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masennus View Post
    So, seems like anyone can log in to the D3 beta at the moment. Download the client etc and enjoy while it lasts!

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3724212521

Official battle.net forums already got hang of it, no official blue announcement about anything.. Could be a bug, or a "secret" stresstest?

Enjoy while it lasts!

Not sure if this is bannable offense to these forums, since I'm not sure is it a unintented bug or just a stresstest which they didn't announce yet.
    Yes, it's a super secret stress test. I mean duh, the point of stress test is to keep it a secret and have only few people play. Not, like, make it public and have some proper stress on the servers. Yes.

Personally I'd guess it's just a bug and people will waste their time downloading the client. But who knows.

Seems strange Blizzard wouldn't announce this if it was intentional, if it's not intentional the fun probably won't last...

Battle.net did go down for a while for those of you experiencing errors in the past.

As a closing thought, even if this were possible I'm not sure I'd even want to do it. First thing I thought was "awesome!" Second thing I thought was "wait why waste my time on 13 levels three weeks before release..." Plenty of time to ruin that new game smell without actually having all that much fun =/

I hope that when the servers come back up all you leeches don't prevent a legit beta participant like me from logging in.

Deleted
    Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account MyEmail@hotmail.com has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

It's from the real deal as well, no phishing attempt :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Due to suspicious activity, the Battle.net account MyEmail@hotmail.com has been locked. To restore access to this account, please follow these steps:

It's from the real deal as well, no phishing attempt :/
    Did you manage to login?

Deleted
    I did log in and played for about 15 minutes before the server went into maintenance. No problems with my account.

It says under the breaking news that servers where taken down to resolve an issue. Looks like what ever let everyone on was most likely a bug and we won't get to play.
    I'm not haven't any problems with my account either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheRock View Post
    Did you manage to login?
    Had to go through some 10minutes worth of security stuff, but it works. It's basically blizzard saying : Hey, punk! Watchadoin thur?

Deleted
    Looks like the fun is over

The Diablo III beta is currently unavailable while we work to resolve an issue. We do not have a current ETA for when the beta will be available, but will provide further updates in approximately 2 hours.
    Now updated on the D3 client. The fact that it's described as resolving an issue... strongly suggests to me that it was a bug. Likelihood is most of the team are asleep since it's 5:30am in Cali at the moment so it was just taken down and some people are getting called into work early today!

Deleted
    That much was obvious from the start, I was just hoping I could try the beta for myself after having been trying hard to get in since october.

Dont get too excited people. You can finish the beta in about half an hour

Deleted
    I think most people are well aware of that. Regardless, I haven't seen anyone say "yawn, I got in the D3 beta... there goes 30 mins-2h of my life"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheRock View Post
    I think most people are well aware of that. Regardless, I haven't seen anyone say "yawn, I got in the D3 beta... there goes 30 mins-2h of my life"
    Not to be a complete douche or nothing, since you didn't get to play, but...the 15 minutes i got to play was freekin AWESOME!!
    Won't be disappointed!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    Dont get too excited people. You can finish the beta in about half an hour
    Even though I have AP and I will be playing the game on launch, I'm quite excited to see it first hand, even for 30 minutes.

Deleted
    Not to be a complete douche or nothing, since you didn't get to play, but...the 15 minutes i got to play was freekin AWESOME!!
    Won't be disappointed!
    Happy for you m8! I'm glad at least a few people got something out of it.

Won't be disappointed!
    Good that it helped atleast some people to kill their hunger. Maybe it's now easier to wait for 15th of 5th

Damn it >.< I missed out. I got ap so I get the game but beta testing was hopeful...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensDemise View Post
    I hope that when the servers come back up all you leeches don't prevent a legit beta participant like me from logging in.
    Yes, because you, someone who got 100% lucky, are so much better and so much more important than all of the other players who didn't get their name drawn from a hat.

How dare they want to play the beta and login in for an hour one random morning!

I giggled a little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Yes, because you, someone who got 100% lucky, are so much better and so much more important than all of the other players who didn't get their name drawn from a hat.

How dare they want to play the beta and login in for an hour one random morning!
    You don't understand, he is the chosen one.

As far as his reasoning capabilties go at least.