10+ Year Old Account

Question Any thoughts on run speed on your boots?

How important you think it will be the run speed bonus on your boots (Or any other item on your gear. I'm only aware on boots at the moment.)
    Of course I understand that the answer might be different depending the difficulty, so lets talk about SoftCore for starts. Will you prefer to sacrifice some basic attribute over a small, but noticeable increase in your movement speed? Or you will wanna carry two sets of boots for combat and run Forest run?
    For farming I understand the extra speed can be ideal.

Ps. Is there any state of, ehmmm, "combat" in Diablo (like in WoW "You are in combat/You are out of combat") where you can not equip/unequip your gear?

What do you think?
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

On my DH or any ranged I think it will be extremely important for kiting purposes as well as the time saved from running place to place. On my Barb I think I'll value it a bit less, though depending on how difficult they make some ranged mobs (if they have snares/teleports) it could be equally useful for a melee char to close the gap if Leap/Charge is on CD. Either way I think I'll try for some on all my characters, not just for travel but as a valuable combat stat as well.

As for your other question, you can swap gear in and out at any time in D3 there's no mechanic like WoW.

to your last question, no. You can change gear, and spells, at any time. The spells do trigger a cooldown of like 5seconds before it can be utilized, so you wont be swapping spells with great frequency.

with that said, run speed meh.

Id rather magic find or XP boost in softcore. in hell and inferno, Im guessing Ill be shifting towards DPS stats. but may still want magic find in the mix... keep the bank account filled and all that, gold for future gear upgrades > current gear? If it were a hardcore toon, maybe things would be different.

I have a feeling it'll be nice, but never a priority. As a stat it'll be an important extra for ranged as it's important for kiting. Also valuable for MF since teleport spamming seems to be a thing of the past. I doubt it'll ever take precedence over primary stats or MF upping, though. Just a nice perk.

Deleted
    If it'll be anything like D2 with stat limitations you'll more than likely have one affix that could be run speed without removing another useful stat... even with that in mind your running speed is part of how fast you can get loot since everyone will need to run quite a bit so it will be nice to have.

It would probably depend on class. As a monk, at least in the beta, run speed is pretty much worthless. One of your main attacks teleports you to your target. That and attack speed is such a huge dps upgrade. Maybe on higher level gear they might have both stats, or like dahmer said if you are capped at a stat, but otherwise I'd say no.