Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So question....

Can someone else on another world pick the exact same name? Or is it one unique name across all the worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisyn View Post
    So question....

Can someone else on another world pick the exact same name? Or is it one unique name across all the worlds?
    I believe they cannot. Something in the back of my head is bubbling and a foggy memory springs up and says so. Since you can basicly migrate to any other realm/shard/whatever they call it, relative freely.
    You can visit other realms to play with friends, but the WvW bonusses from your own home realm apply. And you can change home realm aswell, but it comes with a cooldown or something. Or was it that you didnt get the WvW bonus?

Cant remember the exact details. But i believe no 2 players can have the same name, might also be one of the reasons why naming is done so freely.

I figured that would be the case. Just wasn't sure if it would be like a WoW thing where if you're on another world, you get a little * next to your name.

Honestly unless your press and have a handle people try to steal I don't see picking a name is going to be all that hard, if your name is being picked by other people it probably was not that creative anyways, names like "bigbeef", "softkitty" "tinybaldguy" "poisonivy" "thatgenarichuman" should not be a name your concerned about getting... If your not press and if someone else gets your name before you it probably was not that great to begin with.

Do I have backup names for if in the rare event someone happens to choose a name I want? yup, but will I roll a toon I do not plan on playing until after my first toon just to "reserve" a name? nope, because if someone else takes it ow well it wasn't that great then anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Honestly unless your press and have a handle people try to steal I don't see picking a name is going to be all that hard, if your name is being picked by other people it probably was not that creative anyways, names like "bigbeef", "softkitty" "tinybaldguy" "poisonivy" "thatgenarichuman" should not be a name your concerned about getting... If your not press and if someone else gets your name before you it probably was not that great to begin with.

Do I have backup names for if in the rare event someone happens to choose a name I want? yup, but will I roll a toon I do not plan on playing until after my first toon just to "reserve" a name? nope, because if someone else takes it ow well it wasn't that great then anyways.
    With millions of people typing in names at the same time, your name doesn't have to be unoriginal to get taken. >.>
    Names will likely be shared across all servers, so EVERYONE is 'competing' for the names at the same time, as oppose to just a server.

Hell, there's 161 people on WoW US named "Delias" (none of which are me, I namechanged a while ago) and that's not even counting EU. I realize that's over years of people playing, but still.

What I do know is when I was playing the Stress test, the names Charrmander and Charrizard were already taken.. I settled for Charrmelian.

I wasn't freaking out about getting a name. It's hard to pick the exact same name (with surnames included) unless it's something pretty mainstream.

I was only asking because it would be crazy to see someone on another server with your exact same name.

If i remember correctly you can. if two people have the same name then it shows your little account nickname, so whatever you chose for your (Insertnamehere.###) name.

I'm saving Legolas, Arthas, Darklegolarthas, Charrmancer and nynicksrule

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkitecht View Post
    If i remember correctly you can. if two people have the same name then it shows your little account nickname, so whatever you chose for your (Insertnamehere.###) name.
    Pretty sure that's just for your account name.
    Would be silly to see 8000 characters running around with the name "Death.####"

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to..? I have had my list done for at least 5 months

ETA: Yep that name.numbers thing is your Account name, not in game toon names
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-04-18 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    What's that? Sarah Kerrigan is free? Hmm...
    get braided hair
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I tend to make up the name I want to use when I make the character, so nah, not really worried. :P

Can I use my original Guild Wars character name in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event?

You can, but for the purposes of the Guild Wars 2 Beta Events, your original Guild Wars character names are not reserved. However, when Guild Wars 2 is released, your original Guild War character names will be reserved for you.
    This makes me wonder if the name of like, some dude who hasn't logged in for years, will be reserved. That would be shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    Really wanted the name Eiserne Drossel-... but it looks like someone else already have it in original Guild Wars with Hall of Monuments QQ

Oh well, I got some pretty soft names to use though

First thing I'm doing is rushing through char creation and getting 5 names. I'd be pretty upset if I miss out on them tbh. Just me.

Quote Originally Posted by jschulth View Post
    Anybody else in here beginning to make a list of the names they wanting to save on their server of choice before the masses join that don't have a 3 day head start?

Now that I am typing this I think I just realized the amount of people that have the head start probably outweigh those that don't!
    Nope. All of the character names I want I already reserved on my account in GW1.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    This makes me wonder if the name of like, some dude who hasn't logged in for years, will be reserved. That would be shitty.
    As long as their account has been to Hall of Monuments the character names will be reserved. Unfortunately if some guy hasn't touched his account in years and has a character name you want you'll probably not see it. Though I'm just guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on if there will be tagged oceanic servers or at least unofficial ones, need to save names to do with my little pony though damn hipstersqt
    Last edited by Window; 2012-04-19 at 02:09 AM.
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    I think more people have the 3-day headstart than those that don't.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I think more people have the 3-day headstart than those that don't.
    prob a few hundred thousand have the 3-day headstart....
    Around 7billion don't xD

Sorry...couldn't resist
    But yh, I think of those interested now the majority have pre-purchased. We'll see how popular it gets after betas...maybe that will bring a flood of people who won't pre-purchase.